1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Little survey on online simracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mediocre92, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Aqib

Aqib Gamer

Anyone have the link to the results? Dont want to fill it out again...

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Engineering excitement into the race can be done quite easily by using ballast, reverse grids, handicaps of sorts etc. I dont race just to win as I find running out front and winning easily as boring as hot-lapping. Regular races with qualy and a race quite often just end up everyone having ever increasing margins to the cars around them, Our current league has a shorter regular race then revers grid for the top 10 in a race twice as long with a forced pitstop. Race one is regularly quite boring but battling back from the pack is hardly ever a boring race. For some I think winning is all they care about but if your racing purely for fun then for me its more fun actually racing then hot-lapping on your own.

In the cars option I clicked them all as I will race anything from a lawnmower to f1, I dont care what it is they can all be raced. In terms of fun racing the cars simpler to drive tend to bring the field in closer so again the more good racing, sure its great having an epic race long battle in faster trickier to drive cars but I can't say Ive had too many of those. In more basic cars especially in revers grid racing Ive had some of the most fun.

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I guess you can engineer more fun into a race, some more options for doing so wouldnt go a miss though. even trying to force a pitstop doesnt really work atm with multi car using fuel usage.

I should have worded differently. point being, who doesnt want excitement :p

4. mediocre92

mediocre92 Gamer

Wow guys, amazing feedback! More than 150 replies so far :) Thanks a lot.
    You can check the results here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1itrsN_0f1T0Mj6KyrRYeJkfOv587LmcFxJRAjb2o9-0/viewanalytics
    But of course you can still vote. :) I added some of your feedback into the poll so if you want to re-reply to some questions, feel free to do so.

What a perfect league would look like?
    Assetto Corsa, GT cars, about 10 races per season, 1 hour long, each week, on Sundays, on renowned circuits, free of costs ( :( ). And you care quite a lot about quality of the management/administration.

Interesting insights for all of us I guess, keep 'em coming! :)

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm in the boat...

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

for me by far the most important thing is that the game will handle everything for me, I log into the game , I will see "my leagues" tab, see upcoming races/calender and can go to testing, load setups recommended/restricted to league, can register my car to race/upload livery , league tab will count my points, show my and my team standings etc.

unfortunately this means that most of these has to be directly in game , or have a way to mod it.

7. beiacos_gr

beiacos_gr Simracer

Done too :)

8. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Ironically, this already exists. People could check out the League section of the forum, or check here for SDG: http://stopdropgaming.com/Forum/index.php?/forum/205-race-hub/

I'd be interested to see (not sure if you'd like to update the survey for it) why people who are interested in league racing aren't joining the ones that already exist, or whether they are aware they exist.

9. mediocre92

mediocre92 Gamer

That's quite a big topic in itself so I probably won't out that in. But it's definitely an interesting aspect! I guess, most people don't see the effort behind the organization and think they can do it on their own. I still remember the time 5 years ago, when virtually everyone had their own league with max. 10 drivers each..

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

for the record, im much more into group racing than league racing. I thought there would be some questions about MP racing in general. I like to race all day sometimes on the weekend not for 1 race a week, and in multiple cars and or tracks each day. tried to set my own group up but it didnt work out due to poor attendance.

snyperal likes this.
  11. This is why I liked the Gamers Crib TC65+ GT Legends server. 10 minute qualifying sessions and 5 lap races at every track in the game, one by one. It was great fun, and we got through loads of races in an afternoon. Miles better than this 30 minutes practice/30 minutes qualifying/10 lap race lark that we have online at the moment. It almost seems at times like people don't actually want to race o_O As for leagues, I was all for them when I first started racing online, but then I suffered a strange back problem (almost certainly caused by too much long distance racing) that forced me to stop racing altogether for around three months. I am pretty sure that I damaged some muscles in my back, and they needed time to heal. Whatever it was, it resulted in some very unpleasant feelings that I don't want to experience ever again. Ever since then, I have only really been interested in short, quick races.

12. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Did you do any phsyio etc do sort out your back? it can make a massive difference. Bad backs are the devil, but not all bad backs are debilitating doomsayers, they can sometimes just need a few workouts to ease off twanged muscle groups etc.

@andy-riches I was the same as you, i thought there wouldbe a few more general multiplayer q's. I dont really do league racing, or even scheduled events, my life is too sporadic for that, and i dont like letting people down, esp. if they put in effort and time to organise events. I get a little free time to myself to indulge as i like, and then i do what the boss tells me (within reason ofc(that hoover thing still terrifies me, and i dont see the value in "ironing"))

I have sat in a lobby and raced all day and enjoyed myself immensely other times, i just log on for a quick race or two, and then back to reality.

13. I think it needed rest more than anything. It was a really strange problem though. The main effect occurred about twenty minutes after eating, when my back muscles literally felt like they were on fire. It was extremely unpleasant, and very unnerving. I have suffered from anxiety and nervous tension in the past, and it reminded me a lot of that.