1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lock onboard camera to horizon, still broken, forever...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ACgt1, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

Will this ever be fixed, please?

At least give us some options to tweak it. It shouldn't be that hard.

Dennis Neo and Baikal like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Tutorial: How to unlock "Onboard Camera" with english subtitles Dec 18, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT2 Packed still locked Mar 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replays sterring locked Jan 31, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions View settings locked Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steer Lock slider goes to 1200 Jan 5, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals It's time to rethink steering lock. Sep 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.9.4 locking up after race/superpole Jun 17, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Physics Steering lock of Ferrari 296 not correct Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3.0+ ( WHY MY THREAD IS LOCKED??? ))) Mar 22, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Saving in Pit Lane and restarting causes Pit lock at location Mar 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Steering lock Mar 6, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Unlocking downloads Feb 12, 2023
    General modding discussion analog clock implementation Oct 7, 2022

3. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

+1. We still need a good real head movement cockpit cameras in AC...

Andrex, St3fan and Dennis Neo like this.
  4. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

Use "Real head motion" code from Sebastien please devs.

AC is just 60% good witout it imo.

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

+1 for RHM. I wish this level of control was built into the game. Natural head movement is really important for immersion.

Andrex, kofotsjanne and Dennis Neo like this.
  6. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

[​IMG]

A very sad cat.

7. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

I pick it up from another side. (cockpit) Shake not work with unlocked onboard camera to horizont? - or I have something wrong? (cockpit is fixed with monitor)
    RHM, head trackers are not what I looking for, only need some little cockpit shake while camera is not lock to horizont...

Edit: it´s work, my fault. I just not notice that small movements...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  8. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

@Lord Kunos Will it be hard to implement reduced horizontal dashboard movement? Or add some slider in menu for it? I quite like "lock onboard camera to horizon" but when you often see car's floor or roof it gets annoying pretty quickly.

manzes82 likes this.
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Any news about this please, or a workaround maybe ?

Using cockpit view (obviously) and having locked onboard camera to horizon COULD give the best results for me, if it was not for the dashboard moving up and down way too excessive when going uphill/downhill. In extreme cases I can be nearly looking at the pedals and a few seconds later I find myself looking at the roof.
    I tried to change the g-force effects, but that did not help.
    If I disable the camera lock, world is moving too much.

Probably a change in the camera files could help me, but since I am far from a computer wizzard, I'll ask first.

Thanks.

ACgt1 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Dont lock it and use real head motion instead.

Sent from mTalk

Andrex and WallyM like this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Reeeaaalllly should be built into the game... a simple ”lock to horizon” checkbox is insufficient and really misses out on an important visual cue to the car's movement.

Fanapryde and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

This is quite sad really. The lock to horizon gives me some visual feedback I can't describe, especially in corners. But in its current state it's useless.

Fanapryde likes this.
  13. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

It works perfectly, but you need to use headtracking to use it. That's why you all think it's broken.

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

If you have to use a third party app to get something working properly, I'd say it is broken ( or not well implemented)

15. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

Not really. Since it's supposed to be used with headtracking. But you guys think you can use it anyway without headtracking. So it's perfectly implemented and works really well (if you use headtracking or VR)

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Where does it say so ? Must have missed that then...
    But if so, it should have been implemented in the game anyway.

17. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

It is in the game.

18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

What is in the game and where ?
    It would be far more helpful for everyone to include this info.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  19. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

Headtracking is in the game. It works out of the box. There are no settings you need to adjust in the game. If you haven't tried headtracking and continue to use a function that works with headtracking and call it broken, then I don't know what to tell you.

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I guess you are refering to third party RHM ? I tried that and I did not like it.
    If not, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Thing is, in R3E and pCars, you can control the movement of the cams without additional software, in AC you can't and that is what this topic is about.
    I don't want anything on my head while sim racing.

21. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

No I am talking about real headtracking. Like TrackIR, Delanclip or like the home made version I use with a PS3 Eye cam. I have no need for RHM, but if I didn't use headtracking, I would probably use it. And no, the topic is about lock camera to horizon being broken, which it is not, it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Maybe people think it's meant to do something else, but it's not.