1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look Behind?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pulley, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Before I get this thread moved to the Suggestion Forum is there an ini setting to enable Look Behind? Nothing in game settings. ta

JocoG and barrelbreak like this.

2. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

If I recall correctly, there isn't one because it's not something you would do in real life. It's all mirrors I'm afraid!

Robilon likes this.
  3. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

There's many things in AC that you cant do in real life!!

Mods please move this to the Suggestion Forum, Many Thanks

Erwin and Alexims like this.
  4. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Look behind is for noobs, sorry. :p

Kristaps and Robilon like this.
  5. +1 everything sould be as in real life and than people want arcade features....i can t understand

use mirrows oder F11 key for virtual mirrows...thats the way to drive a car ;-)

6. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

people are entitled to their opinions just the same as people are entitled to their wishes, deal with it.

Brainspiller and Alexims like this.
  7. david64bit

david64bit Gamer

Uh...why would you not look behind in real life? o_O Also i noticed, that looking to the sides doesn't work for me...

PulpQuango likes this.
  8. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

With a single 24" monitor and a realistic FOV I have no awareness of things to my sides and rear, a look behind would be very useful for me.

dkwuan, Sauac, Brainspiller and 2 others like this.
  9. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Press F11 for virtual mirror - it helps.

Bailey likes this.
  10. barrelbreak

barrelbreak Racer

Thanks, it helps a bit, though it seems pretty distorted. I should be getting a webcam soon for face tracking to check side mirrors, hopefully that works.

11. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

I think that it is a mater of taste and of course you always have the choice if you dont want to use the look behind view .For me it is very delightful to use it when i watch the replays , i like to see my car coming and the way i get into the variante del rettifilo , variante della roggia , the lesmos or variante ascari (MONZA) when i look from the car in front .Of course the view from the bonet of the car behind is even better.

dkwuan likes this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

On the rearview feature.

What it is about is situational awareness. Realism should not be understood as something that can be copied from reality in a linear fashion. The computer environment limits your sensory input tremendously. Your periphery eyesight does not compare to reality. You have no bums feeling when driving a virtual car. No truly comparable sound environment. Not the same amount of anticipation for things that happen behind you, close to you. No subtle input of the likes that only reality can give you.

Sometimes you win in realism by not sticking slavishly to sim features defined by reality alone. Sometimes a fantasy feature helps to improve realism.

13. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

This. A hundred times.
    The rearview feature could be implemented in a very cool and realistic way though. It could just zoom in and center on the rearview mirror or camera. Ofc that would only work for cars that have one, but they are the vast majority.

dkwuan and Snarffu like this.
  14. Skazz

Skazz Racer

A wide virtual mirror which is able to show you the rear and back sides of your car would be very helpful against AI or in multiplayer, at least for those of us without a triple screen setup.

15. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@Skybird

Spot on there, especially in AC where the majority of the cars have offset seating positions and therefore have a very, very blind off-side compared to reality.

16. Mauro

Mauro Gamer

Didn't know this is unrealistic...
    [​IMG]
    Many people do this when parking (not me but it's ok if they like).

Queequeg and peter boese like this.
  17. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

Yeah why is it that rear view mirrors in sims always have distorted cars in them ?

Anyway has anyone given any thought to the possibility that some might also want a rear view for replays/ recording videos etc ?

In fact 'rear bumper view' should be one of the replay cameras imo.

18. F1Racer

F1Racer Racer

^^^ This.

19. Robilon

Robilon Racer

It kind of is when you are strapped with a 5point belt on a racing seat with a helmet on.. But I wouldn't mind this, you can't take advantage of this anyways so wouldn't bother me..

Queequeg likes this.
  20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

For the mirrors to replace the ability to look backwards, they'd need to provide the same information you can get that way.

Say for example I'm driving next to someone. I want to know how close they are to my car, ie, how much room I have to maneuvre in that direction.
    [​IMG]

(the facing backwards screenshot is mirrored so it's closer to what you actually expect to see)
    I really can't tell how close I am to the building by looking in the mirror... if I didn't know I was right next to it I'd think it was easily several feet away. Also the mirror seems to reflect from a few feet above the driver's head.

Anyway, I had to turn FOV up to 60 to even get this one mirror into my view; if I want to use the realistic 40 degrees I only have the center virtual mirror which doesn't give me any idea how much room I have cause it wan't reflect cars next to me

armil and barrelbreak like this.