1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mercedes sls amg

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Can anyone give me some advice on how to make the Mercedes SLS AMG more stable? The car is all over the place with the default setup, and my pathetic skills as a mechanic are not up to the task of sorting it out!!

esox71 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Livery Template for Mercedes SLS GT3 in AC May 9, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues MERCEDES SLS CAR N0.8 constant flame from side Jun 9, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG instrument cluster Jan 6, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Setup Mercedes SLS AMG - i2 series Aug 31, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mercedes SLS's gauges Feb 11, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mercedes sls gt3 / wrong tires Nov 2, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mercedes sls amg rear tie rod Aug 30, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mercedes sls gt3 suspension issue Aug 19, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mercedes sls gt3 hard tires short name is m Aug 10, 2015
    Screens & Videos Mercedes sls amg gt3 - spa - oboard triple screen Jul 23, 2015
    Liveries Valvoline mercedes sls gt3 Mar 31, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mercedes sls amg passenger seat belt wrong texture Mar 20, 2015
    Screens & Videos Mercedes sls amg gt3 @nurburgring gp world record on board Mar 7, 2015
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa mercedes sls amg gt3 @monza hot lap Feb 28, 2015
    Liveries 2015 bathurst 12 hour erebus mercedes sls gt3 Feb 7, 2015

3. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

Softer rear springs, harder front springs, bigger - rear camber, bigger rear toe in, more power on differential, bigger rear wing angle, lower pressure of rear tires, etc etc... Choose few of the list, not all at the same time.

4. Thanks for that, but I think that you are referring to the GT3 car? I am talking about the road car.

Kristaps likes this.
  5. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

ahh the D1GP spec Mercedes SLS we have in AC you mean? :D

6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Just fix the toe's and you will be fine, for some reason they are out of whack :D

Attached Files:

• last.ini
      File size:
      360 bytes
      Views:
    Matthew Dunn and Christopher Low like this.
  7. It felt a bit better with maximum negative camber front and rear with those toe values. Is it worth reducing the tyre pressures, or does that not make much of a difference in this car?

8. Reducing the tyre pressures only seems to slow it down, so that isn't an option. I am starting to get a bit more of a feel for the car now after making those adjustments. It is definitely better for me with maximum negative camber at both ends, but it still needs to be driven with care! I managed to knock four tenths off my PB @ Vallelunga Club in the process. Now I think it's time to drive the Audi R8 V10 Plus for the first time. Yes, you read that right. I have not touched the car yet!

9. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

SLS is not a car for the laptimes, I love it for different reasons:D

10. D1visor

D1visor Alien

If it's all over the place, you're driving it wrong. Simple as that.

11. Yes, of course. That must be it :rolleyes:

12. baronesbc

baronesbc Simracer

you can try to not put max negative camber in front to improve your feeling. you have less grip in front tires of course, but because of this less oversteer also and a car more stable in trajectory and braking

Christopher Low likes this.
  13. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

with the current version of AC its also good to check if the tyres get a decent temp, which is not the case with the SLS, traction control was pretty much the only good solution for me.

Christopher Low likes this.
  14. Thanks for the information. I got the feeling that maximum negative camber at both ends made it more stable, but significantly increasing the rear toe in at the same time may have given me that impression. I will experiment with that.

Yes, it's worth noting that I do not use TC with any of my cars. The McLaren MP4 12C is a twitchy beast without TC enabled, so maybe this Mercedes shares that attribute?

15. At the current point in time, there is simply NO downside to adding Max negative camber, which is of course wrong but by all means use it to your advantage. IRL, you really wouldn't want too much at the rear, as it would be bad for traction, but in AC you don't lose any longitudinal grip, so go for it :/

And yeah as Jos said, temps will be working against you right now, when its gets updated to V6 you should have a better time keeping up good temps.

esox71 and ears1991 like this.
  16. Hmm, so we will need to adjust again when it is updated. I wonder if this is going to be corrected in v1.4?

17. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

WR setup and replay for Barcelona (moto), if interested

Attached Files:

esox71 likes this.
  18. Mogster

Mogster Alien

This is a road car though. I haven't checked the SLS but surely compared to race cars there's not that much negative camber you can actually set.

19. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

AC road car default setups usually are on the safe side, but SLS default setup (something got messed up in the latest update) is a death trap, because of the massive negative toe's, especially at the rear.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

when we ran the car at mugello against the r8 I was about 1.5<2 seconds a lap faster with 22c than 15c ambient. 15c tyres were about 40-50c where over 20 they were 50-60c, it made a huge difference. the car was a joy to drive at mugello. I had a go at barcelona gp the other night but the car wasnt so enjoyable there, maybe because I had been driving the nimble exige v6 for a couple of hours before hand.

I think the exige v6 must have got significantly faster at some point, it can keep up with the r8 and sls now with the same tyres on! in previous builds I had put the sls on street tyres vs exige on semis to balance them.