1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (consistency trophy thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

baroneimola.jpg

Minorating starts an event of two weeks today - the MR Consistency Trophy.
    This time we're not asking about the fastest guy, but the one who brings the most consistent performance.

Short story: find one of the two MR Trophy servers:
    trophyservers.jpg
    Drive a lot laps as consistently as you can. No need to push hard, just do ever corner exactly like the lap before - and you'll end up #1 in the leaderboard.

Read more about it on http://www.minorating.com/ConsistencyRating

I know, this isn't for everybody - but I hope some of you might enjoy this. I'm glad about feedback, discussions and error reports here.

Let the games begin!

tabis, LeDude83, cstibikeee and 6 others like this.
  2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

this is an interesting concept.

Leemstradamus and Minolin like this.
  3. Nao

Nao Alien

Great idea. But when is reference lap set, is it the outlap? What if we make a mistake on it and then drive 20 carbon copy laps that are 1s faster, is there some reference adjustment or the score will be poor?

4. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

5. Minolin

Yep:

Although I last-minute-changed this one, your inlap is your reference lap. MR can detect wether this was a rolling flying one or was started from the pits (and will ignore the first 20% then). This way your nonsense laps will be reduced to zero and you have more regarded driving time.

6. Minolin

Ah lol.. I'm wondering why not a single soul tests the CT. Find: Last-minute-bug prevents that the Consistency Stint is linked to the driver, so the leaderboard stay's empty. -.-
    Manually relinked the ones who did drive so far, and WTF Christian Lozanov. 2.240 points? Best lap with flat 100%? o_O

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Sounds interesting however my last week on ac consisted of constant pc crashing which doesnt help consistency, if at any random point within a few laps the screen goes black and then I need to force close ac to get out of the server. :mad:

I am away for a few weeks anyway but will give this a run when I get back assuming O can get my pc and win 10 with the latest update to play nice.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is it the inlap or outlap, I think the inlap is the last lap of the stint as you pit in and outlap is the first lap of the stint out of pits.

Would be best to use the first flying lap for reference which is the first complete lap after the outlap not exiting or entering the pit.

Nao likes this.
  9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Quite believable, he's darn good!

10. Minolin

does he have an ac forum account? I'd like to ask him how he liked it. Actually he made this pretty seriously.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

@kR1_S

I don't think he says much on the forum.

12. Minolin

Yes, a true lurker. Member since 2013, zero posts. Still interested on feedback, @kR1_S. :)

13. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Have you taken any counter measures against really slow laps? I'm sure I'm thinking something everybody is thinking and as such it may be easy to match your lap times to 0.1s and if you do really slow laps that 0.1s will translate into really really small percentage.

Also the key to consistency is to start slow and end fast. Not start slow and stay slow :)

14. Minolin

Yes, kind of. I don't agree with the last part, people should drive exactly like they want - except it's like cheating. Cheating would be: turn off your sound and stick with the first gear for 15 minutes. This way you would achieve insane consistency, but you can't tell me it's fun. So MR will give you a "too slow" when you try this (based on min-max velocity ratio and shifting).

But I'm pefectly fine if somebody does cruise around with 200% laptime otherwise.
    I'm confident that the most conistent laps are possible on decent pace; And this is excatly what the training factor should be about. Find a pace that is near your limit, but with minimal risk. Very handy for race situations as well, my mentor called it the "comfort pace". Christian Lozanov did 2:02 laps, that would be world rank #2.

Hagen and LeDude83 like this.
  15. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Both Consistency Trophy servers just went down, I was mid stint.

Just an FYI @Minolin incase you weren't expecting it.

16. Minolin

I'm horribly sorry for that. Yes, I've taken both down for an backend upgrade, but I was sure servers were empty then :(
    Really sorry, this shouldn't happen - mid stint :(

17. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

ahh ok, not to worry. I'll have another go :)

Minolin likes this.
  18. Minolin

That's cool, ty!

On a second thought I'm not sure if this isn't a thing. Going slow - ok, but in fact it shouldn't increase your reference time. So maybe I need to store the fastest lap and use it (maybe with 120%) as reference for all. Problem here is that it would be evolving, and becoming more difficult as records improve... Hm. For the moment I could of course lock a specific laptime as reference, but this only works as long as I control the server (which might not be the longtime goal).

19. A. Viper

A. Viper Simracer

Seems that my 15 bmw laps was not counted:confused:
    Q. For example, I drove one stint. If I start a new stint and my points are worse than in the first stint, my trophy rating will be lower in leaderboard?
    p.s. these fixed setup really great idea :)

20. It's an interesting concept, but nobody should really be trying to be consistent. It should be the end result of your normal driving style.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    SidewayzShuffle// and demetri like this.