1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod content becoming official content - helicorsa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Jul 21, 2015.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

Hi guys,

With the news that zandvoort is going to be non laser scanned and the response by Aris is that they wanted to experiment at bringing polished mod content to the community on a wider scale I was wondering whether it's possible for Helicorsa to be incorporated into the official apps?

For me it's always a disappointment when we have to inform use our server to educate others about helicorsa and then witness the improvement in the cleaners of their racing knowing that there are still thousands of people out there who want to race clean but lack the situational awareness offered by helicorsa

I am backing this move to incorporate more mod content like the AC cobra.

What are your other nominations?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds VisorX mod not working with Content Manager and CSP? Jun 5, 2021
    Sounds modding Original content's sound banks as placeholder for modded cars: how to? Jan 2, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Unavailable content but have all mods? Dec 1, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Legal tires with mods content Aug 6, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Only in replays.... (modded content) Aug 2, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to load ac - hangs/stalls at populating favorites (solved: modded content fault) Jul 8, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Any mod cars crash game including "official content" miura. Apr 27, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Acs.exe stopped working (modded audio content) Mar 12, 2015
    Suggestions Reading modded contents from documents folder Dec 24, 2014
    3D car models About tracks/models conversions and illegal content Dec 29, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Freezing only in windowed / borderless mode Apr 8, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

while the purists will probably disagree, i think its essential unless you are in VR, sound alone and partially impaired mirrors with "correct" FOV isnt enough and the little red arrows are already "simcade" but are not useful enough to give you proper spatial awareness. id like it to be added to the game but it probably shouldnt be enabled by default though like the red arrows are because there probably would be an outcry of dumbing down or something

but yeah the improvement in quality of online racing is incredible with people using helicorsa, i think id rather have a slightly arcade feature to make up for pc hardware limitations than have everyone crash into eachother because they cant estimate separation between cars

4. myimac

myimac Alien

Yeah I think installed but not enabled as well. Let the user have the chance to try it and decide.

I reckon that after clean close racing they will be able to do the maths themselves about whether or not it's better or worse

ears1991 likes this.
  5. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Hm good question. I have no idea what mod is used by how many ppl. Evnen kunos dont now.
    How can they, there is no tracking available to gather such data.

But I would guess
    - the league and MP oriented players are using ptracker mostly.
    - helicorsa, modders and casual players.
    - some of the ppfilters maybe?

no clue, personally I have only ptracker as a mod currently. Must giv heli a try.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    snyperal, ears1991 and GTHQ_koop like this.
  6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Helicorsa yes @Aristotelis ! And also some way to enable F11 mirror by default on your MP server.

On another note, I'd like RSR live timing to be embedded in the game (and be developed), that would instantly give a more rewarding experience for the newcomers.

snyperal and Mogster like this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for the nice compliment :)

I think this will (and should) happen in some cases, no doubts.

Not for helicorsa for 2 reasons: First:
    Second: Code quality, performance and features (opponent facing direction) aren't good enough to be added to something with a price tag, which AC is.

But I think you hit a nail with the problem that there is a huge gap between existing apps and users that really would like them. I think the best solution is the steam workshop integration - this will change everything.

8. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@mino. Np, good apps, deserve good support ;)

PS: shame on me. doesnt even knew that you are the author, havent looked at your sig ever... thank you for the great app pal.

Minolin likes this.
  9. What exactly does Helicorsa do? I just use the F11 virtual mirror, those little red arrows, and some plain old common sense when it comes to close racing with others.

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I wrote my own app for that (Spotter), same functionality without taking up screen space.

I guess it's a bit of a negative habit that I only use apps I wrote myself but they suit me perfectly and I know when they get updated, lol.

nate likes this.
  11. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Lol, yah thats some of the advantages a programmer has. :)

I think every app has started like this, just because of the ability it can be done.
    A programmer sees something what could be done (whatever), then this idea takes place in mind till you stop racing and start hackin.... argh. Obsessive.

12. Minolin

Uh finally I can plug my promo-video again :D

1karl1, LeiF, 6S.Manu and 9 others like this.
  13. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Lol the vid "a public servers best of" thx

Best app for single display drivers.

ears1991 likes this.
  14. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's lucky Stefano posted info about that MP plugin thing, I was getting itchy to wireshark the AC netcode and see if I could add some of the features it'll allow, maybe make a proxy that would whitelist user signups...

Top thing on my mind now that I don't have to do that is parsing the replay files so I can do a top down view of the line each driver was using through the corners.

I'd also like to make a functional exporter for boned animations from Blender, since atm it's just mysteriously failing due to the fbx filter being inadequate in some ways.

Minolin and nonnex like this.
  15. myimac

myimac Alien

First of all thanks for the app.

Second of all the quality-wise it is right up there as it stands. Probably the biggest issue with official app is what stefano always says which is that it would need to be supported throughout the life of assetto, but in a console world where triple screens don't offer wider viewing angles it could be essential.

What if the money was offered would you be willing to say yes?

16. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

A very interesting thread. There are some great almost essential mods out there and I'd definitely recommend them being adopted and their developers rewarded for their efforts.

There are bound to be rights issues and no doubt a few intellectual property issues when money becomes involved but I'm sure this level headed community can overcome such obstacles....

It might also curtail some of the payware mods if there is a chance of it being adopted by a developer licensing issues notwithstanding.

Edit: I wasnt just referring to URD whose fantasy content is enjoyable, I use an app called dash meter pro, a kind-of companion app for ac (amongst others) now wouldn't that be a nice little addition?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    myimac likes this.
  17. That's a very neat app, Minolin :cool:

myimac likes this.
  18. Minolin

Never, no. If I had the offer that helicorsa could get official I'd probably switch priorities and work hard on a version I'm satisfied with.

Yes, intereresting thread, but we're going a bit away from the author's question.
    > What are your other nominations?

19. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

Sorry, I got excited. I only use rsr, and whatever the schwarzbierbunded updater is. I've got no idea what the app is but I have some pit voice telling me where the other cars are and when their clear etc. I could have a look though, I've just never needed to.

• ptracker/stracker
    • rsr live timing/rivali tempo
    • rivali delta/the iracing delta "clone" app
    • panda f1 dash

20. Minolin