1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mp4-12c gt3 setup @spa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PhenOm, Jul 31, 2015.

1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Alrighty, since there is no specific section in the forums for this I'll have to ask it here.

Can anyone help me out with a nice setup for the 12C GT3 at Spa?

I simply can't get a good balanced setup, it's either low as hell top speed and no acceleration at all or spinning out in the fast corners due to the rear end breaking out.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 slow acceleration Jun 6, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - McLaren MP4-12C GT3 @ Nordschleife ♦ 6.51.369 Feb 6, 2017
    Screens & Videos Bmw m235i vs Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 Dec 6, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues MP4-12C GT3 Shift to Reverse Sep 15, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 backfire/throttle release sound problem Jul 4, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 traction control Jun 23, 2015
    Liveries Blancpain series - attempto racing mclaren mp4-12c gt3 Apr 6, 2015
    Sounds modding Mp4-12c gt3 sound mod v0.7 preview Mar 5, 2015
    Liveries [mp4-12c gt3] martini racing || silk cut Mar 1, 2015
    Liveries Adac gt masters fantasy deutsche post-steam skin #69 / for mclaren mp4-12c gt3 / v1.0 Feb 12, 2015
    Liveries Skin request: mp4-12c gt3 mrs gt-racing/ adac masters Feb 12, 2015
    Sounds modding Mclaren mp4-12c gt3 0.9 beta Feb 1, 2015
    Liveries 8k uhd mclaren mp4-12c gt3 martini ecv Nov 2, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mp4-12c gt3 shifting slightly changed? Oct 25, 2014
    Liveries Hakkinen's 2000 mclaren for mp4-12c gt3 Oct 3, 2014

3. Err dificult to say cause every one has a way of driving, and needs diferent things, you only say it has low speed can you say your topspeed? at the end of kemmel straight
    Also you talk about poor aceleraiton, well that's the mclaren it's his weakest point

Spinning out of fast corners.. well with no clue how your setup is no idea what is the fualt, but i can tell you to go fast with the mclaren you gotta have that kind of behaviour, low wing and live with it on the fast turn be smooth as hell, use your throttle too to help on that

4. Horus

Horus Alien

RSR, and Race Department have some setup files I understand. Best off to play with your own though (Oow! Ah! Misses). :)

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

top speed I reached was 264kph.
    My driving style? No idea what my driving style is. I can share my Z4 GT3 setup, somewhat nailed it on that one handling wise.
    You say the mclaren gt3 has poor accel well then the Z4 GT3 has even worse accel because I couldn't catch a 12c GT3 yesterday even though I had better corner exit. He just drove off while I was in his slipstream (with my Z4)

6. Psit

Psit Alien

Are you sure your pedal is working to the maximum extent? :p

7. the z4 has more exit corner acceleration but the z4 has to use more wings than mp4 otherwise looses on corner speed.
    What is your laptime in the mparen? 264 sounds ok to me as a topspeed, you might be running 2 or 3 rear wing

If you loose the car can be bumps or the car rising the rear end on turn entry or diferential
    How is your coasT?

Also toe can help

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

afaik it is yeah ;) I was reaching 268 in the bmw in slipstream (normally around 264 - 266) and he was still pulling away like wth.

9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Laptime in Bmw: 2:18.212 (With softs but was only .01 faster than my best meds time)
    Mclaren: 2:18.835 but I don't feel comfortable at all with the setup and lost a lot of time due to lack of confidence.

10. That' is normal the z4 is easy to drive , easy to safe, and easy to not make mistakes
    The mp4 is the contrary to be fast it is really knife edge car, hard to save sometimes, easy to make mistakes, etc..

Jaye likes this.
  11. High 2:20s are the best I have done in the GT3 cars (low 2:20 in the Nissan), but then my "setup" (if you can call it that) is very conservative :)

PhenOm likes this.
  12. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

This is, of course, highly subjective, but I never really liked driving the 12C until I had a brief chat with Rune Janssens, who also supplied me with his hotlap setup. This was quite a number of months ago, though, so I don't exactly remember whether it was before the tyre patch or after. However, I use that setup to tailor it to my needs for every track, because I perform very well with its approach. Used to do 2:20s, now I easily run 2:18s. I'd say hit him up and ask him,he's a nice guy and set really quick times. Maybe you can even find it on RD or RSR.

PhenOm likes this.
  13. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Aight, thanks for the headsup :)

14. that's the easier way to go but not the smarter.

I would experiment myself and understand the car, this way you will be able to set it up as you want for any track, and other cars too.