1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Multiplayer and the Slow Down Penalty

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DrVegas, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I have read through many threads describing the multiplayer issues but wanted to ask about the slow-down penalty and how it relates to the online racing.

At first I kind of liked that when the slow-down flag is given to the racer you actually have the option to take this penalty at a later time (i.e. the next turn that you were going to slow down for anyways). However, I've noticed in multiplayer games the racers just stop in the middle of the racing line and break check half the field! For this reason I think they should just auto penalize the driver and send his car to "ghost" mode similar to how this is done in GT6.

Is this the same for the PC version? If so, how has it been addressed if at all?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Game interface extremely slow in multiplayer Nov 15, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023

3. Hi DrVegas,
    yes it is the same for PC version: in case of cut, you have to slow down for some seconds before the end of the current lap.
    Unluckily, it is up to the drivers to do it in a way that doesn't harm anyone.
    In real life racing, the drivers are given a different penalty (like Drive Through, or +5/+10 seconds added to their race time, depending if there is the chance to pay the penalty before the end of the race and other factors).
    I agree that having to pay the penalty on the same lap isn't ideal, but it can generally be done in a safe way except in some corner cases (eg: cut at last turn).
    IMHO the main problem is that most of the guys show very little awareness of who/what is near them, and the current AC solution isn't (pardon..) idiot-proof enough :)

DrVegas and Horus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

It is a pain, so the best thing to do is not cut, especially at Monza as there are no really slow corners after the Lesmo. It is a pain when you get someone slowing down in the most inconvenient places, but then there are some that park on track and attack passing racers, those that ram and weave and others who have not practice in anyway at all. So as a sim I do not want to see ghost cars, just a little respect from other racers. Time added to the end of the race could be good as it will really force you to be more careful and if you receive 3 or more you get a forced drive through (reset to having another three cuts after drive through, not like some games that once you have three warnings every new one gives you another drive through).

DrVegas, talby71 and Maxx69 like this.
  5. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Would be nice to have the option to add the penalty to the finish time at the end of the race as slowdowns cause real problems (at times) on track .
    That's a feature I'd really like to see available in the future .

LeDude83 and talby71 like this.
  6. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I agree ghost cars while under penalty is also not something I would prefer. Not sure I like adding time at the end but that might be the best solution.

I was playing through a PlayStation "Party" the other night with a friend (from GT6) the first night he had the game and he didn't realize how the slow down penalty worked and ended up DQ in the pits. Of course we gave him a hard time telling him not to bring those "Cheater lines" he was used to getting away with in GT6.

Another online question - I have read that currently the multiplayer is "Region Locked" and I would not be able to play with anyone outside of North America. Can anyone confirm this? :eek: It appears this might be the case since all I see are a handful of "drift" lobbies and maybe one or two race.

7. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Don't think so bud I'm in the UK and have played with members of our community from all over the world Inc America

DrVegas likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah I'd like exactly that so everyone can keep racing. Would also be good for truly accidental or crash avoidance cuts because the frustration of being downgraded one or two positions after the race is certainly less annoying than having to leave your duel mid-race as you spend the penalty...just because you avoided a crash.

Maxx69 likes this.
  9. Siekier

Siekier Rookie

The penalty system is good. Its just players that cant use it properly.

via Xiaomi Mi5 ver Karramba!!

10. Horus

Horus Alien

If you avoid an accident and get a penalty you might not feel that way. It teaches you to stay on track, but it is harsher than Alex Jones voice. Still it all there is for you console guys, we have a few different ways to control naughty behaviour, Minorating and sTracker. Still I have never liked AI stewards as they never see the whole picture.

DrVegas likes this.