1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Multiplayer server screen improvments

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Jan 17, 2017.

1. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

I have been playing a bit of AC multiplayer recently, and the experience is.....frustrating.

It doesn't need to be, there could be some simple fixes to make it less so.

1) Remove full and in race session servers from the list, there is no point having them on there, they just clutter the list.

2) Make the information on the server screen current, it's out of date, I lost count of the amount of times I saw a server with 12/16 players, only to try and join the server and it show 16/16, go back to the server screen and it still shows 12/16.

3) There is something funny going on with the allowed cars and the car limits, numerous times did I try to enter a 15/16 GT3 server only to be told that all the car allocations are filled, despite there still being space on the server, this could also be related to item 2, maybe some kind of server lag.

4) Stop people spamming "restart" & "kick" messages, give them a cooldown, there is nothing more annoying that someone spamming restart over and over.

5) Does the server restart the event?, I have sat at the end of a race for what seems like ages, and the event never restarted, either the wait is too long, or there is an issue.

6) Add some kind of championship events, multiple events, maybe some kind of weekly championship, just something a little more fulfilling than, single race, find another server, single race, it all just feels a little disjointed at the moment.

Seria17hri11er and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can not create public multiplayer servers Jan 21, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Collision Off during server multiplayer racing_possible?? Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Server Down Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer refresh server list freeze. Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer connected but not serverlist Apr 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions how to create multiplayer servers Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Car won't move in multiplayer [issue of the server entered, not the user side] Oct 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer Server Settings Oct 18, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Hacking the EntryList to permanently ban drivers from multiplayer servers Aug 5, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Where can I find a guide to the multiplayer server listings? Aug 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer No multiplayer servers Jul 5, 2021

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

1) It is not useless. It can be usefull to know how many people are online. It could be even more usefull if it shows how many laps or time are left to the race to end and it could be less annoying if there was an option to hide them.

4) If you put limits to the times someone can vote, the the vote system will be even more useless than it is now. Rammers will never be kicked and qualifying sesions will never be omited (and this just would be catastrophic in Nordschleife).

5) Yes it does. What you are saying I belive it's a punctual error. It happend to me twice (or if someone is still racing).

Agree with the rest

4. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

1) Ok, so we half agree!, they could serve a purpose if there was additional information, even better if you could preemptively spectator join, if there are free slots, so you can join in when the race restarts again.

4) I get that, but in my experience, it's annoying, plus I don't think I've ever seen a vote pass!