1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multiple Racing Styles to AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tmanning47, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Tmanning47

Tmanning47 Simracer

Would bringing other styles of racing to AC be feasible, such as offroading or rally. It would be interesting to see how Kunos handles off road physics like that of the Pro-2 and Pro-4, and even baja/endurance. Hell, maybe even a bit of Stock Car racing, yes this is boring, but I'm just curious as to if Kunos is considering adding anything else.

Anyone else want to see any other forms of racing?

Nahkamarakatti likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Multiple instances on same computer Dec 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error occurs at any time during the race [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error [multiple failure points - system instability] Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA & multiple drivers Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Multiple drivers get drive through penalties on start for unknown reason Dec 13, 2021
    ACC User Interface Multiple Seasons May 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Setup server with multiple tracks Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiple questions, and I did my search :) Dec 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [SUGGESTION] able to run and save multiple championships Dec 19, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiple crashes during league race... my fault? Nov 5, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Multiple crashes during league race... was it my fault? Nov 5, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Launch AC with Multiple Settings Sep 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiple Race and Qualifying Sessions no longer work after 1.5.6 Sep 20, 2020

3. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I don't think they will do it, but damn I'm always up for some hillclimbing and trail whatever it was called. Getting all muddy or dakar, would be great for sure, but so far noone has done anything decent in this department, some has tried, but for me casual fun haver they all have been overly too competetive for the overly casual gameplay...

4. I would rather they focus on what they're doing now. They're only a small team and if they stretch themselves too thin the quality of the game will take a hit.

A new off-road racing simulator would be nice though. RBR remains excellent to this day, but it's getting really old now - we need something new.

5. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Stefano Casillo wrote some time ago (on twitter if I'm not wrong) that at one point they may work on a off-track physic but that it will not be official supported. Basically if that will ever happens we will have the engine to work on but the modders will have to make the whole work
    Not needed to say that I can't wait for that day!

6. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I do think karts would be a nice addition, would be excellent for training my kids too.

Don't think a new physics engine would be required, just a few small tracks.

nivadepi likes this.
  7. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Utes!!! :cool:

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Would be cool, but Im happy if they and the modders just make it possible to deliver different kind of tarmac races.
    So tarmac-rallyes, Hillclimb, Downhill, civil road (+city tracks) that you can race in rallye-style (time) and in a grid.
    Therefore I hope AC's physics are good for tarmac in bad shape.

In fact I buyed the game for the physics and less the laserscanned circuits, cause most circuits arent exiting more me for long.
    I wait for historic Spa, NS, Trento, tracks like JP or Drift Mountain etc. (see modding-forum).

9. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Rfactor2 has EXCELLENT karts, fantastic physics and everything. Highly recommended if you want your kids to practice karts in particular!

10. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

Is it common in the PC Games industry to buy a circuit race simulator and ask for off-roading? lol

11. plaid

plaid Alien

Is it common to offer a circuit race simulator with a hillclimb in it? Further: Did you looked in the trackmodding-forum?

Afterall it would be cool to get a sim that includes everything (with or without the help of modders) and share the basic physics, if they are good at least.

12. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

It just seems very alien, to buy a tarmac based simulator and then be asking about off-road stuff.

13. plaid

plaid Alien

I understand that. One thing that make people do that is the lack a good and realistic of rallye or offroad games, that isnt nearly a decade old. On the other hand you got many many sims (IR, RF2, AC, PC, R3E, SRW...), now with actuall good graphics (AC, Cars).

There is no alternative for me, for example, even Im not the biggest fan of most "usuall" circuits. But Im happy with tarmac-rallye/civil roads, besides the few circuits I like.

14. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Racer

Modders, should be able to create tarmac rally stages, but I would be very surprised if the physics works on gravel, dirt and snow etc.

The good thing about rally stages for modders is that stages change every year at each country, so they're free to make whatever they want to.

15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

I think there is always a danger to become Jack of all trades, master of none. AC is fantastic at tarmac racing, but still misses a few things (low speed physics, weather , aquaplaning, many iconic cars etc). It really needs to concentrate on that, and not spread itself to rally and its peculiar physcis and cars and tracks and other such stuff.

16. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Europeans and Americans probably don't know what a ute is and if the did they would be saying why would race that.

Phil64 likes this.
  17. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

There is still too much work with normal racing.

18. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Games which try to be everything never work.

mistery likes this.
  19. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

i don't care too much about off road simracing, but some good tarmac rally would be awesome. maybe a couple of montecarlo stages laserscanned... :Q___
    or anyway, a nascar car made by kunos and an oval... they would be so good to race, with the physics of AC. and i'm not a fan of ovals :p

20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

JP already has a pretty good tarmac rally feel.

I thought loose surface tyre physics were penciled in for after 1.0. AWD will be included with the Nissan GTR. I'm hoping for an 80s Group B rally DLC for 2015. :cool:

21. plaid

plaid Alien

There was mentioned once, that after the first DLC, there should come a historic DLC.
    Anyway, so far AC is a circuit sim (Trento aside) and there are only circuit race cars. So its questionable if they pick Group B, while I hope so, too. :)

But there are allready rallye-cars in the mod-section, I believe converted models made(!) for an older game, like a Lancia Delta etc..
    But I dont know how high the potential is to bring them on the right level physicswise, I never downloaded car-mods for a sim.