1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

multiply the fuel consumption rate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by nicky stevenson, May 22, 2017.

1. hi was wanting to make ai pit during a race (single player)
    i seen somebody say you can multiply the fuel consumption rate i cant see how to do that
    can anybody help
    thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage value for the new 720S GT3 Evo May 27, 2023
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan GT3 evo2 Fuel usage May 12, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Porsches run out of fuel at Spa 60 minutes Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI Qualifying Fuel Load Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Gameplay fuel and tire wear Sep 14, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Shame on you Toni Vera. Low Fuel Motorsport race in Spa Francorchamps Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Physics Max Fuel in Shared Memory is Wrong for Porsche 911 GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps May 10, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Audi EVO2 fuel display in MFD Mar 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Display fuel per lap, no rev meter Mar 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions BMW M4 GT3 fuel useage Mar 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay my cars don't use fuel Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Physics [Shared Memory] maxFuel isn't affected by track bop Dec 26, 2021
    Bug reports replay not showing fuel Dec 23, 2021

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Iirc you can change the fuel consumption rate in the same place where you choose track condition, time of the day, race laps etc.

I've been using Content Manager so long that I can't exactly what is where in the official launcher.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In the race setup options, before the game starts to load the track and session.

5. so can u change it too x2 x3 etc ?

6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yes. Up to 5x.

7. nope cant find it theres only fuel consumption off on and slipstream effect but no fuel consumption multiplier
    im i missing something
    thanks

8. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I think you are right it's only on and off in the UI but you can go into your documents folder/assetto corsa/assists.ini and change FUEL_RATE=1 manually to what you want

Jebus and ochn0e like this.
  9. can this be adjusted on the ai as well? sorry for questions
    thanks

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

That value applies to all cars but I'm not sure if the AI is going to be smart about it and know when to pit. I don't know how they evaluate their own fuel consumption. Test at your own risk type of stuff!

11. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I do that in ini file all the time.I put it on Fuel rate:2.And in races with 8 laps AI pits in the end of lap 5.Its great fun but sometimes they dont pit if track is short and car use small amount of fuel so I put 10 laps with those...

dphodgdon and ochn0e like this.
  12. ochn0e

ochn0e Rookie

First I set FUEL_RATE to 4. I was driving 10 laps on Imola with the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and a full tank with 4 times fuel consumption rate would have lasted 8.6 rounds so I and everybody had to pit. Results were mixed because some cars seemed to pit a lot more often. When I finished first and the race came to an end, some cars finished the 10 laps but ca half of them only completed 5 or 6 laps. My opponents were a mix of GT3 cars.

Then I tested what djtopa said. Fuel x2 and 10 laps with the same group of cars. Everybody pitstopped once. The ai pitted on lap 6,7or8 or maybe it was 5,6 and 7. It definitely was on 3 consecutive laps that I saw cars in the pitlane and not every lap like the race I had done before with the 4x fuel consumption. At the end screen I could see that evrey car finished all ten laps.

It was a way better experience and I think I will try this some more. For shorter races this is definitely a nice workaround.

dphodgdon and chksix like this.
  13. thanks everybody for the info maybe the people involved in the game will introduce pitstops for the ai.
    thanks for all the info

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Altering those values is currently the only way to go but it's a bit of a kludge. Until they integrate proper pitstops for AI (i.e. the ability to force pitstops in the race settings or the ability to set AI fuel levels without cheating the consumption rates) one thing you can do is race the Alfa Romeo 4C; I discovered yesterday that it holds so little fuel that even a 20-lap race requires a pitstop!

15. aymeric69

aymeric69 Rookie

I tried on my own and it didn't change anything. My fuel rate remains intact, i.e. at X0