1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My replays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BenC, Mar 21, 2014.

1. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

SirJack, Phil64, SkunkDoctor and 19 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Replays sterring locked Jan 31, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.9 no replays May 1, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues replays : no sound above a certain distance with TV cameras Mar 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Highlights/ replays Jan 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Full race replays...there is a tiny bit of hope? Oct 12, 2022
    ACC User Interface Triple Screen Replays Mar 26, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Exhaust glow does not appear in Replays. Jan 23, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shimmering and ghosting in replays Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Replays - automatic save function Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Audio Pitstop sound playing in replays Jul 16, 2021
    ACC User Interface Motion blur and DOF off but it turns on during replays May 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.6 Crash Loading Replays [audio system not initializing properly] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface Replays: lap times Mar 8, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Air jacks showing while on track during replays Feb 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface Adding the possibility to set a start + end for replays before saving Jan 14, 2021

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Thanks, will check 1Ms3/Vallelunga club replay

edit: I see what you did there @ sc1

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

I'll watch some of those with Muppets tune in the background :D

6. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Oooo fantastic! I will look forward to checking these. Many thanks :)

7. Berserker223

Berserker223 Racer

Very generous - a bold move to effectively give away what to some would be 'trade secrets' to setting the benchmark lap times on certain car / track combos. Many thanks, I will look forward to studying these in details.

Festa_PWR likes this.
  8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

One thing is watching other thing is replicathing what he's doing.

RatFink63, alex72, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  9. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Exactly, my replays look absolutely identical. But my laptime is always 1 or 2 seconds slower. Very annoying! :)

10. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

Can't seem to open the files. What extension are they?Can't seem to open them. What kind of files are these? I only get the last didgits as the extension.

11. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

They're AC replay files. Put 'em all into Documents/Assetto Corsa/replay then load them from the main menu

It's good of you to put these up, Ben. I'll get you one day :p

12. Cheers for this BenC.

Exactly. Every time I try a combo, I check out a replay. Attempt to do the same, and end up 5-10s slower lol

Mogster likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm not sure you can learn too much by watching replays. Threshold braking and acceleration, heel and toe gear shifts, you can't learn that by watching someone else.

What I do find is that replays of really fast times usually look really really smooth and so slow. Then I try to do the same and I can't get within 10secs of the time....

14. petesky

petesky Simracer

yes exactly, they seem to brake earlier in some corners but when I do the same I'm heaps slower..

15. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

I would suggest not even watching the replays if you're far off TBH. I would use it only to see if I make any bigger mistake in a certain corner or to just figure out the technique used. But you can only apply that after alot of experiance and yes, a tad of talent at least...

Just practice alot and rely on the feedback from the car, try to experiment all the time until you find the ideal braking, turning in, accellerating out of corners etc...

Practice, practice, practice and after 1-2 years(as a beginner) you should be close to your ultimate limit. There's 5000 drivers registered on RSR but only 1% if not less hold all the WR's so yes, to be very, very quick it is a rare talent indeed...

16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Its easier to get a WR on less active used cars like Lotus or BMW Z4 :p I did this on this way^^
    Edit: on this profile:

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=4852

@threadstarter: nice videos, but i cant see much difference like other guys already said. So congrats for those times :)

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Its kinda nice to have that, thank you.
    Im rather bad...ohm, Im bad and I dont want/cant spend so much time to become good, at least not soon, so this can be handy to get better ideas for breaking points, racing line and overall how a good lap looks or how all these tips you get as a not-pro work in practise.

18. Arno

Arno Racer

Thanks for the replays BenC, i wonder if you do requests?
    I would love a quick lap of Imola with the mp4 12c gt3, and it would be super awesome if you could also attach the telemetry file.
    It would be awesome to be able to compare to my own stellar:p driving to see where the most time is won/lost.
    Anyway big thanks for the replays you already provided:cool:

19. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

I'd be really interested in seeing that too

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

20. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

I strongly disagree. If you're slow, watch these 20 times with the same view you drive with. If you're really slow, hold your wheel and mimic his steering and pedals while you watch. It will give you a good feel for the line, which you can then go an practice driving on. Usually the biggest issue slower drivers have is not being on the right line and just doing countless laps won't help that if people aren't strong on the theory of what they need to be doing.

It'll also help give a feel for what corner speeds are possible, but only if you have the right line first, car attitude second, setup third.

Just doing practice on your own for 2 years won't get you to your ultimate limit. You need to know what you should be practicing. That's also why I recommend people read a book like Going Faster or Speed Secrets, but most people are too lazy to do that even though that small amount of effort can increase their enjoyment of simracing.

Practice doesn't make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. A good journeyman simracer will spend some time learning to try to improve his craft rather than just bash away at it hoping for a eureka moment.

A few people have mentioned that he brakes earlier. Turn the pedal display on, most likely he's not braking as hard. If you brake too hard you'll use up all your traction budget and the car won't turn in as well. Being the last of the late brakers isn't always optimal, especially if you're going into the corner with your front wheels locked up. Hopefully you're not watching the replay from an external cam because that can give a different impression of the braking points.

claudiopolez and Voodoo like this.
  21. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

COuld omeone upload to a different source? This "MEGA" host is giving me micro speeds -6kb/s