1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My sim slate is wiped.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Oct 12, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

firstly would like to apologise to Stefano for my stupid post, it was immature and senseless. Humans work hard on these Sims and they deserve the respect for that.

secondly I'm going to wipe my sim.slate clean. Which means I'm going to look at them all from a fresh outlook from.now on in. So now more rf2 is the best blasdeblah no more ac is forza comments. New outlook is what each sim does excel in and not to compare anymore , because we know that fuels war on most forums, and me saying daft things.

on that note been playing ac tonight and realised how darn good it is, the ffb the physics the car tracks and the feel of racing cars basically.

and I will even say I like the Ai they dint give up and i like that in them. Yes the start can get tad messy but it makes you aware. The ratio thing is probably different cars feeling well different! Short wheelbase etc etc. That not a bad thing. I've been just too harsh on ac with a step back its actually pretty damn good
    thank kunos I owe you a apology
    dan

dlc 2 here I come

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    sarabwt, Torcano, illko and 17 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Kudos simulazioni Friday at 12:49 PM
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB from Simagic Alpha Mini Aug 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Pagani Zonda R - Sprint Series | Thursdays Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FDSR - Final Drive Sim Racing May 26, 2023
    ACC User Interface False Brake Bias value with SimHub Dashboard with new v1.9 cars May 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Waiting for my Simjack Pro pedals, super hyped! Apr 25, 2023

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

HAHHA we have drawn another into our cult......err i mean im happy for you

sarabwt, St3fan, John514 and 3 others like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I've only been sim racing for a few years and I'm taking it all too damn seriously! The whole rf2 is the be and end of all Sims has got to be erased from my memory because its ruining my whole enjoyment of others. Don't get me wrong rf2 Is impressive but too hold it on such a high pedestal is just ruining my time on these great Sims.

I/we have a great choice of race simulators on pc why ruin this time with them *****ing over comparing enjoy what u like don't play what u don't!

Gona practise what this post preaches.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Psit

Psit Alien

You need help.

eXo, TCLF, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  6. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Don't know why people are rating this down...no matter what anyone says, it takes a lot to admit something even if they all laugh at you afterwards. Kudos.

I think what I've noticed about the game world since I was a kid is the need for gamers to sometimes become like metal fans: always comparing and arguing who is better than whom, in this case with game titles. I remember my first "GT is better than Forza" fanboy rant...haha, British guy talking about GT 2.0 and how it owned Forza blah blah blah. It blew me away how serious some people take this stuff. Some of it is warranted because it's in the nature of people to get behind stuff and defend it against other stuff. But I think what you've said is that it can be taken too far, and you're right on. Marco, the team licensing agent, posted some time ago about how many teams are friends with each other or know each other well, posting pics with SMS boss and crew, and adding that they all mostly get along unlike what we sometimes think.

rF is a great game; in fact, few are truly bad. If they seem "bad" it's because we find one suitable to what we think driving as opposed to another. I think what contributes to a lot of the fanboy antics is relative ignorance about what driving at speed really feels like. Heck, I'm as guilty of this as a lot of people.

Stefano posted in one of his last live streams about how close sim driving comes to real driving, and said that motion simulators in his opinion really are a waste of time, and that drivers he's talked to generally find simulators not as bad as we might think. It boils down to the fact that they know there will be shortcomings, but see the potential in each. Heck, I've had the pleasure of talking with Christiaan Frankenhout and a few other drivers, and what most of them said surprised me. Bonk Motorsport uses AC, others use rFactor, many use most of the simulators we do. I race all of them for their best qualities, iRacing and their glass tyre, rFactor and their lack of content, AC and their in-development physics, it's all good. The team knows...they raced these and probably still do while they develop AC :)

MsportDAN and Ischemica like this.
  7. Glad to have you back and glad I didn't opt for a permanent ban (like others got :p ).
    Just remember, don't use the P word in here :D

MsportDAN and F430_458_F12 like this.
  8. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Maybe start a blog OP?

nate likes this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

thank you stefano. :)

im the sort of guy that needs to get things of my chest. I dont mind admitting when im wrong even though i know i would get remarks like the one above.

LeDude83 and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

The only people who can really qualify how good a sim is, is people who spend a lot of time driving in simulators AND in real cars on real racetracks. Otherwise it's just arguing on the internet about which is a better game. :) I'm no pro driver, but I do about 12 track days a year and no sim comes as close to replicating the experience of driving a car at the limits as AC does. It's practically uncanny.

Phil64 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hahaha what a refreshing thread :D

Yeah, sometimes we need to realize that on the internet (even though noone likes to admit) it's easy to get agitated, aggressive, sensible and thin-skinned...all at the same time, lol!

I'm trying to stay away from these stupid fights, recently with...erm...moderate success but I'll get there ;-)

We should all just "drive what's there" and do more (friendly) discussions about how to get faster, how to make good setups etc. Our time is way better spent this way instead of questioning the final 0.01 % accuracy of this great title!

Cheers
    Chris

Oliver Coats likes this.
  12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

5 stars for being a man and admitting your weaknesses. It's a refreshing change here where we have too many arrogant knowitalls. Kudos!

illko, mistery, TCLF and 3 others like this.
  13. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

14. Well said, MSportDAN. It takes guts to admit that you are wrong and post it on a forum. You have my respect.

Glaurung and Minolin like this.
  15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

thank you guys..... i thought i would get more negative posts, but im pleasantly surprised.

i want to repeat what i said on a neighboring thread. that is...

"i put on AC last nite, and with a new outlook, i pretended it was the only sim i had... and do you know what..

i enjoyed it a lot more.!!!"

i would like to welcome the new Msportdan. :)

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Why!?

I mean yes, you violated something that appears to be rule #1 on the internet: Don't change your mind.
    But I still can't find anything than respect for your turn-around. Also nice to hear that your time with AC could improve just by your perspective.

You filthy fanboy.

Jebus likes this.
  17. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

Go on Dan, stroke my ego, did my post on ISI's forum encourage this change?:)

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i think yes and my brothers and the whole attitude of sim racers on forums these days. :)

ive been swallowed by this disease of the sim world of cussing & disrespecting other devs and sims, and frankly bored of it and its just ruining my limited time playing these titles.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    sarabwt and Jebus like this.