1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 New AI

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Gysepy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I had an issue last night where it felt like they didn't hold their racing line. TT Cup race at Nurburgring GP and every time I tried to take the classic out braking inside line into turn 1, the AI car would swing to the right into me. Regardless how far I tried to stay to the right, here it would come over. I'm going to try and run that race again tonight to see if it was just a one time thing.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I've seen weird behaviour with the TT cup too: they ram you from behind inside the corners if you brake a little bit too much and they take corners badly; meaning they go inside the corners, they open too much and when they release they are going to go off track or go out the driving line, they turn dramatically to correct the driving line.

Jezza819 likes this.
  3. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

ive just had
    an insane battle with AI in the praga r1 .... i think there is still few issues with certain cars but im sure kunos will tweek them

4. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

i also think the AI in pcars 2 arent going to cut it from some of the reports ive seen on youtube today

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Silverstone GP. 8 laps. Group C grid. Myself in second place with a 787B and the first one with the same car. I was noticeable faster and I couldn't overtake the other car in the whole race: remarkable stuff (seems that in Silverstone the AI work fantastically).

God bless Stefano Casillo for this update.

pippo10 and Rich 1701 like this.
  6. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Agree with you really enjoying the AI in AC feels (to me at least) like I'm racing real people, I know it's still not perfect but it's getting there. I also want to thank Stefano and the guys so much for continually improving the game, I bought Project Cars 2 and all that has done is make me appreciate AC more and more, the physics and FFB feel so much more realistic in AC, can't comment on the AI yet in PCars2 haven't had chance to do a race. I just hope Stefano and co keep on improving and adding things to AC and then AC2 and so on because I can't enjoy Forza, Gran turismo and PCars2 etc in the same way again after experiencing Assetto Corsa

SlimCharles and Reinart86 like this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Pcars2 AI currently.

kBb7JmK.png

Rich 1701 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  8. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I Tried PC2 and immediately after A.C. same car Ferrari 488 GT3 in Barcelona. Sorry to say for SMS they improved their game but it is still far far far from A.C.. Kunos 4 SMS 1. Only the number of tracks...

pippo10 likes this.
  9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I think its best to look at Pcars as a game rather than software you use to enjoy driving cars you can only dream of owning. Objectivly speaking, pcars2 is probably the best racing game to hit consoles since the first TOCA game on PS1 ( not talking about physics but just as a video game). And the great thing for AC lovers is that Kunos can not rest on their laurels, they cant just offer AC2 with more content than AC1. They need to bring something to the table that gets the attention of the press and the non niche players who only care about physics first.

They need to match Pcars for many of its feature, and surpass it. I propose Kunos add some Trophy trucks, with some stadium courses, and with some modified courses on circuits like they do short rally courses at Monza. They could have 20 odd courses that way, and why not, an official license. I think it would be awesome to have them in a proper SIM.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  10. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Nice... Cars can actually climb on top of each other that's quite something. Now I know why they call them self's Slightly Mad Studios:p

Hugo Catarino and MaxStrong01 like this.
  11. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I agree with you when you say that PC2 is a game and not a simulation despite the media tried to assign to it this title. From this point of view PC2 is still far from AC and IMOalso the graphic despite is well made is too toys stile. In addition if you got a look in the PC forum you can see that PC2 is a festival of bugs. SMS repeated again the same mistake they did last time. So thank you Kunos for realising A.C. with custom championships and new AI on console. If you like to "drive" AC is your software meanwhile you like to "play" then up to you....

pippo10 and Reinart86 like this.
  12. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

What is this? The Great Wall? :)

Rich 1701 and pippo10 like this.
  13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've seen a few videos where inputs from the controller completely cut out during a race. That's a pretty bad bug.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  14. So is the new AI improved across the board? Including career and special events? Or only custom championships and quick race?

15. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

if your talking ac AI then yes they have massively improved in 1.15 patch
    im still getting used to not being knocked off the track 3 wide round a corner :D

turismoslayer likes this.
  16. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Yep, some combos are obviously going to be better than others though.

turismoslayer likes this.
  17. Thanks friends! Yeah I’m talking AC AI, but on PS4 if that’s what you meant. I know this is a XB1 thread, I figured both platforms performed the same in this aspect. I haven’t had much seat time with the latest update unfortunately.

DUNKY- DOPEUS likes this.
  18. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

yes im on ps4 should imagine xbox are the same
    i feel dirty as ive been on pcars 2 since release but the AI are useless i shall return to ac :D

pippo10 and Rich 1701 like this.
  19. Ha ha same here, sort of. I went to playing PC1 again for the gameplay neglecting the latest and greatest from AC. I’ll have to give it another go this weekend.

20. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

My experience of the AI is a little different I'm afraid. Brands Hatch in the 98T and the AI seem to struggle to take turn 1 without going wide and then the car just sat there for the rest of the race. A few laps later another car does exactly the same and I ended up with multiple cars there which caused further problems any time a car did the same again. This happened at several spots around the track, between the two sweepers being another place. The last corner they also struggled especially if following close behind and invariably drifted off wide. Also, every lap out of that final turn they would jink slightly right losing pace and make it very easy to pass underneath along the straight. Into turn 1 was another place they were too easy to pass.

Obviously this is only one car and track and I did have some decent racing in between these thungs happening and I hope I find things improved like you guys have as I have more races over the coming weeks.