1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New collision model - Amazing improvement in multiplayer experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kakusso, Apr 25, 2016.

1. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

There is an amazing improvement in the multiplayer experience since the new collision model has been implemented. No more massive crashes at T1. People are now actually breaking without being projected to the car in front by a bump at the back. In general the level of skill also has improved, except for the aliens the top ten are now separated by less than two seconds. Some new servers with 10 laps are the best now, 6 laps server are the opposite, full of "hit to pass" people. As a rule the more laps a server has the more serious the drivers there.

eXo, Tim Meuris, Horus and 7 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Collision Models Jan 11, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars End of t1 at spa collision model Aug 4, 2019
    Tracks modding How can I make models collision? Mar 24, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Zonda R model collision box off Mar 14, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Collision Off during server multiplayer racing_possible?? Sep 25, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server API info about collisions Feb 15, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA rating dropping without collisions Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Detection of unstable client connection and disabling of collisions not works on race start Jul 2, 2021
    ACC Physics collisions with the ground Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Brands Hatch AI Blue Flag Collision (1.6.3) Nov 27, 2020
    ACC Physics Nissan GTR collision physics May 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Collision without touching anyone Mar 14, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI Judge on collisions Sep 10, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Netcode problem, or a collision detection failure? Sep 8, 2019
    ACC Physics Collision detection, car stuck in ground Aug 19, 2019

3. iVG

iVG Alien

So how does the collision model improvement influence how and when driver's use the guy in front as a brake? I don't get it...

4. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

The new collision model prevents the big cascade collisions at t1 but doesn't prevent guys from using the car in front as a brake. That is more related to personal values.

LeDude83, Horus and TDS like this.
  5. The collison model certainly has improved the situation at T1, but probably only because there is less of a "domino effect". I still see (and this was clearly evident on the GT3 server where I was racing yesterday) far too many people trying to win races in the first few corners. I get the feeling that some people think that if they catch you at the start, then you are automatically slower than them, and must be overtaken at all costs :rolleyes: In addition, blue flags are still being ignored by some drivers (something that resulted in two separate crashes for me yesterday).

Having said that, I also witnessed plenty of drivers being careful when exiting the pits, drivers slowing down on outlaps to let hot lappers through, and also generally improved "care and attention" through the first few corners by a large percentage of the grid. As usual, it's the "vocal minority" that cause all the problems.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  6. TDS

TDS Alien

Public gt2 or 3 servers are where the crazy kids are, be aware lol
    ive made some races there to test new v7 tires on the gt and gte cars, they are much more fun to drive now, not going back to gt3 servers too soon, i agree its improved with new colisions and MR, bit still thos servers are where everything happens at once sometimes.

7. On a side note.....any suggestions regarding essential setup tweaks for the Mercedes AMG GT3 would be very welcome! I am not looking for complete setups. Just a general idea of how to get it to shift a bit quicker on track. I increased the front ARB to 6 yesterday (to keep the rear a bit more stable), and reduced the front splitter to "0", but nothing else seemed to work. My best lap @ Mugello yesterday was 1:50.052, but I really do think that I should be hitting at least the mid 1:49s by now on a regular basis....

8. iVG

iVG Alien

Message me on private I'll craft one for you.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. Please load it up on setup market mate. :)

mms and TDS like this.
  10. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

you are not going to get faster in the amg gt3. it's not on the same level as the other gt3 cars. expect 1-3 seconds slower times.

11. iVG

iVG Alien

Any evidence for that?

12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

OT:

Have been driving C7R in several 10+ lap races lately, and certainly the improved collision detection is much appreciated. I've experienced a lot more paint trading without disasterous consequences, so much more fun!

After_Midnight and TDS like this.
  13. I think you've experienced racing :)

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I can race, but it´s been much more fun to push or be pushed without going "WTF!?". Also noticed a lot less rant in the chat after contacts, other than the usual guy that are 5+sec off pace.

After_Midnight likes this.
  15. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

Motor racing is not a contact sport. Push and be pushed is not motor racing, at least not according to FIA standards.

TDS likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I've been driving it around Barcelona and Mugello yesterday and today. What helped me was

- Decrease rear damper rebound both fast and slow by 2 clicks
    - Increase front damper rebound both fast and slow by 1 click
    - Decrease rear neg camber to -2
    - Decrease diff accel by 1 click, increase deccel by 1 click
    - Tweak front toe one click towards positive

These tweaks stabilized the car a lot for me but it's still pretty tricky. You simply don't want to be off throttle with lots of steering lock in this car. When you add curbs to the equation the front regrips a lot quicker than the rear in default, hence my damper tweaks.
    Then again the car seems to have very good traction out of the turns and I wonder if I'm just driving it completely wrong.

My best lap @mugello was 1:50.5 on hard slicks.

Christopher Low likes this.
  17. Psit

Psit Alien

The new netcode and collisions are HUGE improvements to me.

TDS and liakjim like this.
  18. I will be conducting further tests tonight to see if I can isolate a setup that enables me to shift the car a bit quicker. It is becoming a bit of an obsession :)

19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Thanks, Sensei :cool:

TDS likes this.
  20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is our latest league reverse grid round. I didnt properly get involved in the collisions this race but a few around me had some rubbing to test them out. :D

The collision report had me as having 2 contacts on the same lap with Rob and Matthew but I cant even see the contacts in the video must have been the lightest of touches.

This race was a single file rolling start, I would have prefered 2 wide but our standing reverse starts didnt work and this was a last minute change so single file it was.

mms, WallyM and 6S.Manu like this.