1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Newbi Driving School by Shaun Cole

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The better half of ISR started a new column on his site, TheSimPit.com
    For all the ones adoring AC but not having a clue why all the other guys are so fast, Shaun Cole did unveil his new driving/racing school. In time he will talk about not only the basics of race craft, he will cover all that's needed to get really fast. So the adds say. I will give him a try, seeing what I will gain from it. Shure there's much to learn for me, why not from this eloquent, sympathic fellow. Share what you think of this, I go racing...:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions help please for newbie, no throttle May 26, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Newbie Oct 27, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality PC newbie - advice please for VR Jun 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much would you recommend the game to a newbie? Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm newbie Feb 7, 2020
    General modding discussion Car Mod Newbie Help Oct 31, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Newbie question Oct 9, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR NEWBIE HELP PLS Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Easing newbies into ACC Jun 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Newbie Question: Starting the car in Pro Mode May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Practising for newbies - the next level May 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions VR newbie advice May 18, 2019

3. iVG

iVG Alien

Seen the first part. Looks and sounds promising for all guys who are just starting. Interested to see what goes in the advanced section. That's where the interesting stuff is for me anyway :p
    I think people should improve a lot just by watching his videos and practice, practice, practice. So much stuff that is intuitive to some is weird and alienish for others. Especially the other column about set ups. That's where it goes wrong after you're about 104-5% off the record.

Brixxlnator likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Hai iVG: That's were it gets interesting. I thought 100 per cent is where you get. One over and you're off. So getting from a pro(or so) where we can improve to getting to the edge is where we are looking at.

5. Doggy

Doggy Racer

I have to hugely disagree with this after what he did to ISR, then now he is basically trying to kill ISR with The SimPit. If you don't know what he did, then I will let you know :)

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

let me know ...

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

OK.... Send me a PM if you feel to be real disgusting about this :) But I don't see why...
    So what the heck

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

AND I don't want to start a fight about x or y, just stating out here there's a guy who thinks like us... And he's new stuff, so let's get to it at fast as possible;)

9. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Partnerships break up all the time, or if you don't see it as having been a partnership then employee's leave employers all the time to pursue things themselves. Probably never more so than the last 10 years. He didn't do anything different.

It's a hobby as much as anything for him, he can do what he wants.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

didnt he have to move house?

11. baboon

baboon Alien

12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I always was a tiny tad more interested in miss Lopez, sorry.

Cheers
    Robin

13. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

oh do tell (pm)

14. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

So what`s the big secret then ? , personally I though Ghangi was well up his own arse anyway , as for the Broad , yeah baby !!

15. winet

winet Gamer

As Shaun and Darin mutually agreed to split isn't it Shaun's right to do what he pleases ?

16. Raymond

Raymond Racer

Sure send me a PM I would like to know. Shaun has stayed very low key about the whole thing. And it is not like Darren not to say anything unless he is obviously in the wrong. So I would definitely like to know the circumstances of what happened to this long standing relationship. It always felt like Shaun was the guy in the background and never an equal partner in ISR (at least to me).

17. Doggy

Doggy Racer

Sorry from not replying quickly. But from what I have seen Darin say is that Shaun abruptly decided to leave ISR, taking the half of the ISR equipment, leaving Darin by himself needing to get back the few things he needed. Maybe a came across a bit brash in the first post: I don't mind that Shaun is setting up Simpit and whatnot, good for him and I kinda hope he does well but to me it kinda seemed like a dick move. And another thing I remember, I believe he told Darin he was stopping Simracing/Youtube (I think, I might be making this up lol). Anyway, to be honest I prefer Darin simply because its ISR and I have been following them for almost 5 years now :)

18. Raymond

Raymond Racer

I am on the other side of that fence, I have always found that he was full of himself and he used his site as a soapbox to spout whatever he wanted. Two things stand out to me that really defines for me who he is as a person. The first was the fiasco with Fanatec and second one where he used his site to go after another sim racer because he didn't like the way he raced. We are a community of sim racers some good some not so good, some aware of driving etiquette some not so much. Some of us have lots of experience and others with none. But for him to single out a driver and identify him in public was distasteful and showed to me a lack of any sort of class. Meanwhile Shaun tried to take the high road in both cases, by straddling the fence which thought made him look almost as bad (it made him look weak). Anyway just my thoughts.

yusupov likes this.
  19. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I thought there was a smoking gun you were going to email people but you have just said some of what has been around as told by Darin.

Thats not the impartial insider knowledge I thought you might be privy to.

Ethan Dean and yusupov like this.
  20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i quite like the new guy so far (sorry this is derailing so bad) on ISR, but its a shame gangi being gangi is going to keep him under his thumb. i have a feeling everything jasons critiques are going to be muffled in the same kind of innocuous way that seems to be the norm for their reviews (except for that rfactor2 update...idk what was going on there lol)

21. Doggy

Doggy Racer

I meant it in a way for the people who knew nothing about the situation so they could make a decision on their own. :)