1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Not able to drift...can't firegure out what i'm doing wrong

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by strelokstk, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

This exactly. 540 degrees or even more. Not less!I started learning to drift with Grand Prix Legends ingame. I do drift irl at track/driftdays(BMW 1M :)) and GPL /RBR AND LFS made me a better drifter also in real life. AC is doing very well physically. The E30 M3 S54 driftcar is the car to practise with. Also sometimes let go off the steeringwheel: It turns/countersteers by itself, just irl. keep on practising is key here.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Robin

2. Fahim

Fahim Racer

strelokstk: I think simulation racing is for you. Keep your g27!!! What is your fps by the way and also have you got v-sync on?

Snarffu mentions: "trick".
    You need to be ahead of your car, know what the car is going to do. The only way to get that is to do it wrong a lot first."

This what he mentions could counter the slight input lag you "MAY" have.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/cars-cant-be-saved-from-spin.3940/

Also keep practicing. You will learn to love this game lol and you will love it and g27.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  3. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Drift lessons in AC:

Lesson 1: circles of various radii, figure 8

Lesson 2: "arab drift" straight line transitions

Coolio likes this.
  4. klieberung

klieberung Gamer

with last patches now I am able to drift better with 900° steering and stability control off.

5. isamu

isamu Racer

That is encouraging to hear Lucas - Xtremepsionic. I am an iRacing member but haven't used the service in months. If the Lotus 79 is driftable as you say, I;ll give it a try. How about the Lotus 49? How drifty is the iRacing version compared to the AC version? Which one can perform and hold slides easier in?

6. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

We need large parking lot though. The drift track is awesome, but to for beginners it's roads are too narrow, veryl little margin for error.

rge75 and Bill like this.
  7. hahaha do you think you can buy a football shoes and go and score a goal at wembley stadium?, everything requires practice, and practice

8. Bill

Bill Gamer

+1. i'd quite like a skid pad myself. would make learning a whole bunch easier.

9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

L79 with its downforce is even more difficult to drift than the L49, the latter being very snappy, sensitive, lighting up the rear wheels by looking at the throttle alone...and if you get in a slide 8/10 times the physics are thinking you're on ice , resulting in a spin. I tried the Rufs a few weeks ago. They're not bad(compared to the rest in iRacing) , but not really driftable and eventually snappy in a slide.

In short; AC is miles ahead of iRacing physically imo.

AC's L49 is a blast. It's 'easily' driftable/controlable and way more forgiving than iRacings L49.

That's a pitty because David Kaemmer invented GPL (with the L49 in it) with some nice physics and the ability to control/drift it.

Cheers
    Robin

10. Petercheese

Petercheese Gamer

That's what I've found. I'm not much for drifting but some of my friends love doing it so I'm trying to get better at it to rope them into AC... The drift track is tricky as ever though. We need the Top Gear track. :p

11. I'm no pro drifter, high score of 14000 in ac only! But with my limited skills I've had many occasions where I could slide the lotus 79 and actually hold it. Not at very large steering angles, but it was so much fun!

The lotus 49 in ac seems more grippy and linear than the Iracing one.

To be honest, my real car is so far from these racing cars that i have idea if the physics right or not. Just to give you an idea, I wear out 3 sets of rears to one set of fronts on my real life m3 during daily driving, so i love oversteer!

Drifting in ac is a lot of fun and it feels pretty realistic!

12. Artikbot

Artikbot Rookie

I've been advancing my drifting skills for the last months, with over a hundred of hours of practice on my back... And I still have big issues keeping the damn thing in place :p

It just needs more practice. Being able to do it IRL (which I can't) also helps a lot.

13. isamu

isamu Racer

Thanks Robin and Lucas. Great posts guys :)

Sounds like the L49 in AC is gonna a blast to drive once we get some proper old historic GPL tracks with long sweeping turns. Dundrod anyone? :D

14. klieberung

klieberung Gamer

am I the only one that find drifting easier after 0.5 patch?

Kristaps likes this.
  15. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Because tire model and ffb got better:)