1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Old wheels

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by André57, Jan 13, 2018.

1. André57

André57 Racer

Is any body else own an old Wheel like my Fanatec Porsche 911 turbo S. Just want to share some impressions.

A couple update back, there was something about improvement for older wheel, I must say that I'm pretty happy since. FFB is more define and stronger. I have read some post about DD Wheel people said there are very stronger and more accurate, I wonder if I would realy want a stronger wheel on some combo I feel the need to clic on the minus key of my keypad because FFB seems a bit too strong. Maybe I'm getting old:D. As for the precision my old Turbo S is not bad , I can feel all the details of the road and the response of cars to my input. I can clearly sense when the front end is getting loose in time to release brake or the throttle and the wheight of the car when oversteer. All in all I have a very good experience with this old lady and I intend to keep it as long as she still alive.

Let me know how you feel about your old wheel.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    ianglate, Cote Dazur and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Add linearity or steering gamma for older wheels? Apr 29, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Alfa romeo rear wheels fold under the car Nov 25, 2014
    3D car models Help! what in the data folder determins position of the body/wheels ? Oct 8, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Braking distances with locked wheels vs. threshold braking Dec 10, 2013
    ACC General Discussions search ingame livery folder Feb 2, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Empty Ferrari Esports Folders Messing up Brand page Mar 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions graphics old assetto corsa Mar 13, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Transferring from old PC to new PC Feb 25, 2023
    General modding discussion CREATED old race track in south in Duppigheim ( france ) Feb 18, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager - Turn Signals Hold/Toggle Jan 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Gold licence and points Nov 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Physics AI in “Old” Porsche Cup car at Mt Panorama. Please help. Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Returning the old competition Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Gold licence not updated Jun 12, 2022

3. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I still use my logitech g25, ive had it since day 1 of its launch (back in 2006) I really cannot say a bad thing about it. I'm by no means a great driver, but i can certainly feel when the car starts to slip, the wheel goes all loose :) i can feel rumble strips under my tires, wheel spins, the lot... and the forces are still nice and strong, in fact i too have my forces turned down slightly, there have been a couple of times ive hurt my wrist because ive slammed into a barrier or crashed in some spectacular way and its ripped the wheel out of my hands due to not holding on as tight as i should have.

All in all one of the best investments ive ever made.. £150 11 years ago and its still going strong, ive never had a single issue with it, never had anything break, never had to replace or fix anything on it.
    In the same amount of time ive owned the G25 ive gone through 3 game pads, 3 mice and 4 keyboards...

Direct drive wheels are nice, but i dont really think i will be getting one (or any other wheel) unless this one breaks. Im not really at a driving level where i need that amount of accuracy.. Ive heard said on here many times " an expensive wheel will help a good driver get better, but it will not turn a bad driver into a good driver"
    The forces are generally stronger in a DD wheel, but like any FFB wheel, you can dial them down if needed. The other main factor of a DD wheel is its response times. Because the wheel is connected directly to the motor, rather than being connected via a set of gears or bands/pullies, you get faster and more accurate steering.

4. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

I have a G25 which I bought used after I killed my DFP with Assetto Corsa Tech Preview. I modded the shifter a few times to make it feel better but other than that I'm happy with it. From time to time I'm playing with the thought of upgrading my wheel but with only about 500 hours played in the last 3 years I cannot justify spending a lot of money, so in the end I don't buy anything.

5. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

G25 here. Still going strong after 11 yrs of service. Was thinking of an upgrade 2010 but held on to this fantastic piece of hardware. Wish it would break so I can move on... :D

victor86 likes this.
  6. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

DFGT here (and some more weird stuff, see my signature)

... absolutely fine still, and I even bought it used in 2009. I do give it rather extensive care, open it up a few times a year, clean the brush contact surfaces and apply fresh grease (special stuff normally intended for Trix model trains, for plastic) to all the cogs. But nothing broke. Motor brushes are still well within their lifetime

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Since you've been inside it, is there any way to adjust how tightly the gears mesh? Mine's fitted so tightly (I believe motor to secondary reduction gear) the wheel has a lot of friction. But I couldn't get the geartrain apart enough to really see without taking the little electrical plugs out and they felt like I would break them before they unclipped so I stopped.

8. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Don't think there is a way
    [​IMG]
    not my photo, but from here: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/diy-ffb-steering-wheel-mmosffb-in-progress.7769/

Mine has enough width between the cogs that I can move pieces of paper towel between them. But it's still tight (as it should be)

9. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

I've been a happy owner of PWTS for a long time. I'm still not sure about the set-up for ACC but the feeling is still very good. Use 3.11 drivers and 756 firmware that added two new parameters in the tuning menu:
    • SPR (spring) and DPR (damper)
    The instructions say that SPR and DPR are exclusive features for consoles. What do you think about it?

But yesterday unfortunately the right shift paddle broke and therefore no longer usable :(

20190126_155431.jpg

However I would like to know which setting you use in ACC

Ciao :D

10. André57

André57 Racer

My paddles had some serius cracks I fix it with a piece of sheet metl cut from an old VCR.

As for the setting I'll explore DPR and SPR and come back later on those.

ACC sems to demanding for my weak rig:oops: as it is now. I have try it as soon as i was out
    but I put it om hold untill I get a new computer, the FFB with PWTS was ok but not as great as AC for the few run I done.
    Sans titre.png

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  11. André57

André57 Racer

Sorry double post

12. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

I was thinking of something like that :)

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Some rally drivers would tell you to leave the hands off the wheel in event of a crash.

14. André57

André57 Racer

Ok I finaly had a look at those both feature. First: thanks to you to bring it, out I was aware of those set-up but was just ignore it. SPR and DPR setup pattern are similar, the basic set seem to be 0 (zero) on a scale from -4 to +4 with an OFF option at the bottom of the scale ( before -4). I have try both feature at -4, 0, +4 each. SPR act something as a power steering, some kind of help to steer if you like. DPR is more subtle, FFP is not affected meaning it is not more or less stronger it is just less sudden. Like if the effect came in with some sort of fade in. In both case the set-up I prefer is OFF. That's why I thank you. I believe that my wheel have always been set to 0, now that it is OFF the FFB seems more precise, I can feel the grip or the lost of grip sooner specially when tires are getting warm and the steering is more stiff. I now begin to understand why some guys use gloves to simrace. :D

ianglate likes this.
  15. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

In a real car, yeah if you are gonna crash, you should let go of the wheel. But on a FFB wheel, if you are holding tight enough you can stop it turning against any force. Just i wasn't holding quite tight enough :)

16. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

Here is my PWTS in action at Zolder.

17. rustygears73

rustygears73 Racer

i totally agree. have a G25 and love it. has served me well for many years. the pedals are also very good, but they compromised on the shifter somewhat. still, i have owned a Fanatec shifter (awesome no doubt), and a thrustmaster ( outstanding), and am now using the default shifter for the G25. aside from the lack of feel it is ok.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

G27 here... every now and then, i think about upgrading to a T300 RS/Fanatec Elite LC Pedal/G27 shifter combination. But then, i don't really drive very often, so, the G27 is alright for now. What i dislike about it a bit is that the FFB is pretty slow, and that it easily clips, when you raise the strength. Again, though, i'm not a gross motor skills guy, so, i get a decent feeling from the FFB, especially in AC, which IMO has the best FFB of all sims. It's just so easy to feel a slipping tail end.

To the person above with the Driving Force GT wheel: I had that before the G27, and, the FFB was very good. The pedals were utter crap though, but, i see that you're using G25 pedals anyway. :D

19. Shaftoe 47

Shaftoe 47 Rookie

I also have an old Fanatec PTSW I haven't used it for years but finally decided to get into AC. The wheel still works and controls the cars well but the FF is pretty weak and I don't get much feedback from curbs and red and white rumble strips, for example. Would you care to share your wheel/game settings? I have played around with it but not much seems to help. Thanks Andre!!

20. André57

André57 Racer

Hi,
    First of all I use the Fanatec driver: 311 Beta and firmware 756, you can find those on Fanatec site search for support in old or discontinue product. As for the setting I use Content manager and the page look like this: upload_2021-1-26_17-17-32.png
    There is a very long time since I use Ac interface, I don't remember what it looks like. If you can I strongly suggest that you use Content manager it is very efficient specially with a lot of mod. Hope it help.
    Good luck

21. Shaftoe 47

Shaftoe 47 Rookie

Hey thanks for the reply! I will certainly look into your advice.