1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Online car limit why!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Rik293, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Rik293

Rik293 Rookie

Hi,

This is the first game I've played where there is only a certain amount cars you can use in a lobby, ie 3 of each car.

Why is this? It's rather annoying.

Rick

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online/Multiplayer Races and Career Mode Aug 6, 2021
    General modding discussion What happens if I race online with a modified Kunos Car Jun 30, 2021
    Console Lounge ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ASSETTO CORSA PS4 CLASSIC CARS ONLINE RACES Apr 16, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected car crashing into online cars Sep 2, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Handling difference on same car in single-player vs. online? Mar 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Apex Online Racing - Circuit Paul Ricard 500km - 25th January 2020 Dec 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No effects from online cars Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Carrer ACC 1.0 and online connection May 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Online free practice lap timetables / (sector)times Paul RIcard Nov 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Limite number of online cars Mar 9, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Online server problem cars lost Jan 28, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tracks and cars missing from online search tabs Sep 5, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Car tuner and online Jul 29, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars teleporting - Cannot play online Jul 3, 2017

3. Keisuke

Keisuke Gamer

I have a like dislike relation to it, I like it because it gives a nice variation when you do a trackday but if you want to drift you only have about 4 cars available and only one is good for drifting!

Tomcul, SlimCharles and MLM_SPARCO like this.
  4. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunately this is something screwed up on PC also. While you can set it to have any number of a certain car on PC, the cars available are always predetermined and you can only pick from whatever the server has available.

5. MLM_SPARCO

MLM_SPARCO Rookie

please remove this feature

6. Borez

Borez Gamer

I second this, Id like to able to use the car I've practised in for online races. No reason why it should be limited.

7. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Really ? Haven't spent much time on AC as I've been busy in league races on pcars where we can actually organise events (another story)
    We often limit number of specific cars to add a little variation in our races .
    My only guess here is certain cars are grouped for top speed/acceleration?
    It's a bit crap though if you set a car up and then are denied it in the lobby .
    Just hope the devs are working on the few things that stop this game being the best in the business.....they certainly have the physics in superb shape :)
    A few tweaks with lobbies and I can finally turn pcars into a drinks coaster :D

8. Forcing a variance of cars within races is a good idea in my opinion. Even if I am not happy when only the Corvette is left for me at Mugello GP3.

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I like this feature. Specially in Trackdays. It gives variation.

10. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

The reason is performance. Every car which is available on a server will be preloaded by your client when you join. So no lags or other issues if someone joins or leave the server

I7akk0N and LeDude83 like this.
  11. Interesting background Information. Thanks.

12. Rik293

Rik293 Rookie

So what happens in the Fiat 500 only lobbies?

13. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

my comment was more meant for the situation where some guys want to join a server with any car they choose and not a limited choice from the server.

14. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Major flaw with this is balancing between performance in lobbies. I understand that AC is meant to be more about the enjoyment and immersion which I am enjoying but some events make little sense in terms of car choice and variety. Take this one for example: Trackday at Nordschleife. Clearly the fastest and best performing car is the KTM X-Bow R with the nothing in even remotely in the same class available. Here's the list of other cars available:

Abarth 500EsseEsse Step 1
    Alfa Romeo Mito QV
    Audi S1 Quattro
    Audi Sport Quattro
    BMW 1M
    BMW M3 E30
    BMW M3 E92
    BMW Z4 E89
    Ford Mustang 2015
    Giulietta QV Launch Edition 2014
    Lotus Elise SC Step 1
    Lotus Evora S
    Lotus Exige 240R
    Lotus Exige S
    Toyota GT86

I don't think it's an issue that one car is faster than the others as that always becomes the case when the community discovers which car has an edge over all the others which can vary also dependent on track but in these online lobbies there's only one track. The KTM though is significantly better than everything else giving nothing else a chance to compete with it, only one can be selected so one person will always be significantly faster just based on car choice not driver skill which brings me to the main reason I think there is an issue with the balancing choice, the skill level variation of players. It becomes incredibly hard to judge what other players are doing in general with the lack of communication/familiarity with them, this along with being in cars with 2 to 3x the performance capabilities means it is almost never going to end well overtaking/interacting with other cars on the track. Yes there is multi-class racing in the real world but there's also rules,repercussions and risk of damage/costs that real wolrd racers wont jeopardise. To me the KTM is closer to the Nismo R35 GTR than it is the next closest rival in that trackday.

15. Hmmm. For a track day full balancing is not the idea I guess. It is more like free racing on a track together with others no matter what car they drive. Actually I think thats a new thing for a racing game. I never saw this in other games. Much more sense it would make if we could have 100 Players on Nordschleife track day at once =)

For races for sure the selectable cars should be of an equal kind. But thats the case as far as I saw it yet.

Tomcul likes this.
  16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Would make more sense to just give us a group of cars based around a performance level or better yet why not just all cars since we aren't even racing. I mean when you stop and think about it, the point of multiplayer is to play with other people/friends, but it's not really like that when the cars in front disappear after one or two corners and likewise for the cars behind with considerably lesser stats. I have already been in the lobby I used as an example multiple times with groups of teammates and friends and after a couple of corners we are all so spread out due to the performance differences that we don't really have any fun other than driving the car we're in which might be fine now since we are getting such wonderfully unique experiences in each and every car but it pretty much just feels like i'm grinding single player races and can't really have any consistent fun with friends in a way of putting it. My team are mostly about drifting and we're used to bending fenders but there is very little to none of that the way it's set with the performance differences and 1 model per lobby limit. The latter also ruins the opportunity to all drive the same car which is something drifters and racers alike enjoy to gauge skill levels much more accurately(goes back to my skill level issue).

17. Risto182

Risto182 Rookie

Yes also I think the same. You want to drive Z4 GT3 for instant but you can not because is already taken by other few players..... not so good because in many cases everyon has one or two favourite models in eeach class...

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It was explained, already: performance reasons. When everyone can choose any car they want your flimsy console hardware will have to swap huge chunks of data in and out of the RAM and VRAM as you're fighting hard for a good lap time or positions.
    With Kunos' approach your console loads (almost) everything it will ever need for the race before you enter the track. It can then focus on processing physics and image as you race.

19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I really hope you're getting treatment for your passive aggression issues.
    I don't even know what in my post made you so upset...the term "flimsy"? If a PS4 is only almost on par with my flimsy CPU doesn't that mean I'm right in calling the consoles flimsy?!?
    Anyways, it's exactly the same on the PC if that helps in this discussion and for the same reasons - to save computing resources for a smoother race. There's no mod that changes this...IIRW it can't be changed.

LeiF likes this.
  20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

When your cpu costs almost as much as a PS4 alone yet only just specs better from factory, you don't have to wonder which of the two is flimsy and who should and shouldn't be throwing stones when they live in a glass house.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Your causal chain aside, where exactly did I throw stones?