1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Pc vs console bug reporting.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ppbucko, Feb 21, 2017.

1. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Thank you very much.
    We just have to wait..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

2. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to abuse your time and courtesy, but what about differences between PC and console updates? Like brake pressure for all cars, which was introduced on PC by the 1.10 update on Nov. 22? Unfortunately, It's still missing on consoles.
    Every time a PC update is released, do the PC team "send it" to the console team, which need to introduce all the new fixes and features for PS4 and Xbox? Is that how It works?
    Thank you for your time, Luca. Have a good evening.

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Good question. I think your right how it works.

4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

We accept the patches take time to approve but this does little to explain the variation between the base versions of the game. If the same versions of the game were just a few days even weeks apart you would have few complaints. There are elements of the PC game such as custom controls that are simply missing from the console version. Then we have issues such as cars assigned to the wrong class in single player races. The Porsche Pack 2 Special Events being missed from the PP2 launch, surely the suggestion isn't that this was caused by console patch delays? Then we have specific console issues like the ever troublesome framerate that we have no idea if anyone is addressing. These issues are not caused by patch approval delays.

How does every other developer manage? I see often see patches on the same day, sometimes a couple of days apart sometimes but never this kind of issue with other games.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because they let pc players wait for their patch so consoles get them at the same time which take away one of the advantages with pc: that you dont need to get patches trough certification but yet we suffer from it. I dont know how that would improve the game for console players to have pc wait for patches.

6. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's not exactly that easy like many people think (i.e. "please enable ps4 support!" or "update graphics!!11!!" or similar requests that denote a total lack of knowledge about development) EDIT: it is not referred to you of course. Porting requires time. It is not like "ok, did it on PC, now I click here and voilà! Ready for console!". No, nothing like that. It requires time for porting and testing (and sometimes, like in every other game out there, even testing is not enough to catch bugs). About brake pressure, I can't give you precise information but as usual news will come asap.

One last thing for everyone, take it as a suggestion: if you want to criticize game and features, feel free to do it but in the right way and with the right attitude. Also remember: there is no game on earth that can please everyone. The neverending harassment that sometimes comes from some individuals will not change things, but this is our forum and the only thing that makes this forum growing are rules. Look at the threads, look at the FB page, there is plenty of CONSTRUCTIVE critics, they are still there, not banned or moderated. Ask you why. If someone still doesn't understand how to behave in our forum and how things work in development, so please leave or at least accept the fact that sometimes "your opinion" is just not the truth and spamming it is not something that we allow here.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    SlimCharles likes this.
  7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I haven't got a problem with pc getting it months before console, it's a pc game ported to console. I just want the same feedback as pc side get in fixing/problem solving. The bug list hasn't been touched by Kunos for over 2 weeks in console section. In pc side it's more or less instant. I haven't got a problem with waiting until next update either to receive it. I just want to know that it's been reported, then updated to no issue,working on it, fixed as in the pc side.
    I also don't understand why there's critical bits of the sim missing, button config, bits added in pc updates then left out of console version. I also don't understand why pretty basic bugs are released with updates, I mean we was going on for months about game setups not working, then when that is fixed after 6 months the other 2 bits on same page are now broke. Another pretty basic bug was from update 1.09 to 1.10 when the brake bias d pad on wheel was broke, this didn't work for 6 weeks.
    I also don't want to think I'm some sort of continual complainer, because if you look through my posts I actually think your handling system/feel on wheel is tremdous which keeps bringing me back to the game, also if I didn't care about the game I wouldn't bother posting in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Athix01, @P73 and MBK72 like this.
  8. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

kofo, that's not the issue here, I agree no need to delay PC updates at all. No matter how long the delay the missing elements from the console games aren't going to be added when they are not in the code in the first place. When we have to wait for other games patches when we get them they are the same not a very different version.

9. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

But porting is your job and when you release a retail boxed game we have a reasonable expectation that the game will work as advertised. This is not an early access, beta or programme where we expect major bugs or items to be missing and you to add them over time. It has taken your team 6 months to solve a basic Xbox One save game issue, which was only resolved when Microsoft escalated the issue.

You and/or the publisher have implemented systems of bug reporting that are either ineffective or being ignored. The issues on the forum are often repeated because they remain unresolved, the very point of this thread. If customers are frustrated with a lack of answers what do you expect them to do? No one is swearing or ridiculing individuals here just questioning the state of the game.

Telling us, your customers, the ones who've paid good money for your products and stuck with you to this point to go leave is the second worst customer relations approach I've ever encountered, the Lord owns the worst example when he called a forum user a goat. Of course if the objective is to slowly get us to go away and save yourselves the problem of actually fixing the game then this may well be the point.

Superb, glorious game on PC and at the same time the most bug ridden and feature lacking console game of 2016. If you decide to ban me from your forum the issue will not go away, I intend to make sure you fulfil those marketing claims and will also work with your industry regulators to make sure this type of behaviour cannot happen to consumers in future. You hold all the cards here - delight the customer and win us over with the quality of your work, not excuses.

Dyr_gl likes this.
  10. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

My personal opinion is that the emphasis has been on realism, totally at the expense of fun and a cohesive career experience. The bugs jus serve to drain the fun out of it even more.
    Once the initial "wow this feels great" factor has worn off, there's very little progression or draw to come back and play more. The game feels incomplete and lacking. I recently returned to PCars after a five month AC sabbatical and in comparison it feels like it's been written with the user in mind, rather than a showcase for its programmers talents.
    Like I say, just my opinion. It's taken a while, but the playability of AC has gone. There's nothing to keep going back to. The game, and to be fair as a console player, all feels a bit cold and disconnected.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    ppbucko likes this.
  11. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Maybe there are two kinds of players on console today: 1- those who like the traditional bollocks that caters for people after 'fun' (fireworks, prize wheelspins, leaping bunnies, so on...) and 2- those more serious minded who are after a good driving feel, full stop.

Although you're entitled to your opinion, I believe the initial "wow " factor to which you refer wouldn't have worn off if you were a player of the 2nd category above. I never get tired of this game, actually the more I play it the more I like it, for the driving feel alone. I like it is of a Spartan kind; actually, I'd hate it if they decided to make it more 'fun' by bringing in those abominable gaming elements of category 1 (just my opinion).

Good to know you've found a game you like more. We're all different and there's plenty out there to cater for all tastes. Is AC perfect? Of course not. There are still lots of things missing that are hopefully coming. But am I tired of the game for this? No, like @ppbucko says above, in spite of its present shortcomings, I always want to go back to it for its addictive handling system.

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I actually think there's 3 kinds of players, there's the wheelspins, fireworks as you put it lol, then there's the hardcore sim racers who demand the good driving feel, then there's the ones who race in small racing communities, leagues who want the driving feel but also require the game multiplayer to do this on.
    I put myself in the 3rd category, the game delivers on driving feel but sadly at present let's us down on all the other fronts.

@P73 likes this.
  13. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the reply. I tried to sum it up but I know It's not an easy process, for updates and new features as well.
    I also understand that each update needs to be approved by Sony and Microsoft and that takes time. Personally, I don't mind waiting and I'd be happy to wait a little more if that would mean bigger updates with more fixes, improvements etc.

Reinart86, ppbucko and @P73 like this.
  14. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

I agree!! I didn't think so long time to have a console version upgrade. I'm disappointing.

15. @P73

@P73 Simracer

No patronising meant. You said you've lost your interest in AC for its focus on realism and lack of joy/enjoyment/fun... whatever. If realism makes you feel bored and you say you crave for fun, how am I patronising you if that leads me to understand you'd rather have more of those Forza 'leaping bunnies' like fun in this game so it would be enjoyable? My interpretation could be wrong, but I'm not to blame.

Like I said, if you are of the kind that thinks the simulation aspects of a game matters more than those 'fun' stuff of other ordinary console games, you'll still enjoy AC in spite of its still obvious shortcomings; there's plenty to enjoy there, if you have a mind to driving with realism. Other than that, of course it could be tiresome for its Spartan like style.

Missing features and bugs? With all that, the game is fully playable and enjoyable; if the problems are eventually addressed (hopefully they will), it will only add to the enjoyment of playing it. But that's only my view and you aren't at fault for having a different opinion. Sorry if it sounded like I was patronising you.

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Long time since the last update on the bug report section. Hope it will be updated soon.

PD: Apreciate to see the devs on the console forum :)

ZX636 and ppbucko like this.