1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Poorer graphics after 1.03 patch?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pleite, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I see. Maybe an option to keep it static could be a good way to settle it, so as to have it in a way similar to how it had been before the patch when, in my opinion, the overall looks was clearer and crispier. Thanks for the input.

2. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I can also confirm that the bonnet reflections look a lot worse post-patch. They're really quite pixelated/low res now. I don't drive in that view so not really a big problem for me, and I assume it's a by-product of the general performance increase, but they certainly look less than good now whereas before they looked fine.

3. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

I fail to see the correlation between, frame rate issue, and physics/handling, and force feedback! Think you're in the wrong thread.

4. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

You guys have got the best sim, with the best physics and probably the best force feedback on console, and you're complaining about reflections on the bonnet-- which 9 out of 10 times you can't see anyway, if you play in cockpit view.

I'm glad I'm not Kunos, or I would be be tearing my hair out at this point.

Jan Duin and RoccoTTS like this.
  5. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I think it's more a case of they looked perfectly fine before the patch and now they don't, so either Kunos knows and have decided that's what we will have from now on; or something unforeseen happened in the patch and they didn't know the reflections graphically had altered and are happy it's been pointed out so they can work on it. Only they know this of course, but if it was unintentional and can be rectified then a thread like this might be beneficial, yes?

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Ok, fair enough.

My guess is that the shadows were compromised for a performance gain elsewhere.

I think it would be beneficial at this point for everyone to be conscious of the fact that this is a sim, and its emphasis is the physics, the accuracy of tracks and cars, and the force feedback. And given the hardware limitations of consoles, it may never be the eye candy some people expect it to be on console. Personally I'm fine with that as long as the original vision of delivering the most accurate simulation remains intact.

Tomcul, RoccoTTS and Mauler_77 like this.
  7. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

I totally agree and I add the fact that Kunos is relatively new to the console world, so let's give them sometime for improving overall performance.
    We have finally one of the best and most accurate racing sim on console, and Kunos is a team which listens to players' feedback, so let's support them in the right way, pointing politely what should and could be improved, but avoiding ranting and ****storming.

8. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Agreed. And to be fair, the OP was perfectly fine and well-mannered IMO. It's the angry rants that are unnecessary as we (should) all know.

9. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

And so, on the topic of graphics issues, we await, a next update. The game runs better, if you want to play single player career/hotlap, if you set console to offline, through network settings.

10. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Assetto Corsa is indeed the game / simulator that has managed to offer the best driving experience I've ever had. Sure these guys have gone a long way in this achievement, which is, by far, the most important feature in a game like this. But such an achievement also means this company has in its team highly capable guys, who would probably be glad to know about minor shortcomings that are still around and could be easy for them to sort out (bearing in mind the limitations of a console, of course), taking all the time they need for that. It's true that one can already be very satisfied with the many amazing things AC already has to offer, but maybe it would also be in the interest of Kunos to repair small imperfections, so as to achieve even greater excellence! So, constructive threads that bring up suggestions for reasonable improvements should be considered, imo, in a positive way. The main intention I had in mind when opening this thread, was to find out if there were people experiencing graphical problems to the extent I've been; based on the answers above, it seems that the reason for the problem could be something on my end. So, to solve it, I've opened a ticket with 505 and I'm waiting for their support. I'd like to thank you all for the inputs and, as to myself, this thread can be closed (I don't know if I can do it myself - anyway, I've found no means to do that)
    Thanks again!

Grand Apeiron likes this.
  11. Screen tearing are gone but after the patch the wheel calibration was wrong and there is a imput lag when you push throttle. I've taken now a ticket because everybody have different expecting to this game. Lot of people use driving assists and drive mainly the gt3 cars and therefore the calibration is okay. The only one who can really decide if there's something on it are the devs.

Pleite likes this.
  12. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I think they now have to call the Dan Grenwalt hotline and borrow some graphics and optimization coders to get this to the level the title deserves.

13. the-D-

the-D- Racer

Kunos is bald already, make of that what you will ;) (no personal offense intended Kunos, just a laugh)

14. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Thanks for that. I'm sure he never gets tired of being reminded of the fact that he is bald.

15. c172fccc

c172fccc Gamer

Hope he can take a joke better than you can. ;)

the-D- likes this.
  16. the-D-

the-D- Racer

I don't think anyone who's bald would forget that they were bald, and so needs reminding,...food for thought :p

17. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Ok. I'll chew on that for a while.

the-D- likes this.