1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 Setup

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Apr 17, 2017.

1. After looking at the chart posted about optimal tire pressures and temperatures, I ended going back on Mediums @ 18 PSI. I went back to default spring rates, turn all the fast bump and fast rebounds all the way up, set the front bumps at 10, rear bumps at 11 and all the rebounds at 8. I raised the car a little more... 35 in the front, 25 in the rear (that's the setup page numbers... the actual ride height in MM on the telemetry seems to vary by a millimeter or 2 whenever I load it up). Front travel range up by 5. Raise the deceleration lock one click (by 5)... I think it's an improvement overall. Just wanted to update anyone that might be interested.

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I was running with your old setup online, much better than the default one, i'll be giving this one a go later.

3. Cool man, I hope it helps. Also, just to clarify, when I say things like, "up by 5 travel range in the front," I'm talking about from default settings... same thing with the differential.

AZT B Tender and ppbucko like this.
  4. Okay so, one last update. Usually, I come up with 2-3 setups before my final base... but this car has taken considerably more tries so forgive my constant changes... but I feel I've finally got a good base. So... continuing the thread of the things I've done... and to add to my last update... I stiffened the spring rate one click up from default, adjusted the height a little higher and added a little more rake... 34 in the front, 26 in the back (78mm front, 81mm back on telemetry and loosened the front bar up one click. At least for Spa, I think I've found the sweet spot. Good luck guys! Hopefully this can help someone else find their perfect setup.

EDIT - I'll post screen caps a little later.. I realize it might be a little hard to follow with all the changes.

Kembro and paul_wev like this.
  5. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Look forward to having a blast with your setup. The screen caps will be easier to follow.

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Camber & proper tire pressure make a load of difference on the PC version. On console, I don't know.

I think keeping all tires around 26psi on tracks is a good startup(you look at the tire temperature at each lap while running). Obviously you will learn that not all tires need same pressure.

Example:
    You set your pressure all to 26psi LF26 LR26 RF26 RR26

You tire pressure on track end up like that each lap
    LF 25(need 1)
    LR 24(need 2)
    RF 27(too much by 1)
    RR 28(too much by 2)

After you head to your setup
    LF 27 (26+1)
    LR 28 (26+2)
    RF 25 (26-1)
    RR 24 (26-2)

Once on track all your tires at 26C during laps.

The Outer & Middle on front is usually around 4~6C or of difference while cornering. (Higher negative camber because to tackle the curbs. If no curb to run at, you keep the inner & middle temp close)

The Outer & Middle on back is around than 1~3C or less when cornering, since it doesn't meet much the curb.

The Inner is always in contact to the track.

The higher the negative camber, the higher the difference of temp between Outer & Middle
    The less negative camber, the lower the difference of temp between Outer & Middle

It's important to always recheck the tire pressure if it's all good after you change setup.

alternatingcurrent and paul_wev like this.
  7. Okay so here's the setup... I tuned this at Spa and Barcelona... so should be good for GP tracks. I tried it a little on the Nordshliefe and it seemed good there too.. might need adjustments for that track, might not. Haven't gone into it... but this should be a good base. Hope it helps.. Once again, it's just a base, feel free to change whatever to your liking. I believe setup has a lot to do with preference. Here it is..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any input/comments are welcome.

8. AZT B Tender

AZT B Tender Gamer

i love your setup, alternatingcurrent! It has turned a 'broken' car (thats how i felt in the default-version of this car) in a quick and competitive monster :)

9. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Dirty trick for all :

Lowering the car lets you drive with less aero, until aerostall sets in when coming too close to the ground .

Have fun :)

10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Suspension, alignment & aero setup affect how fast the tire heat up. Depending of the track condition & tire choice, you can't stick on the same setup. The tire app is quite useful to see that.

Example: The tire tend to get cold, you stiffer the spring & use a positive toe to increase the load so they heat up faster for cornering. If they tend to heat easily, you go for a softer setup.

When you increase the lock of the differential it help the inside tire to keep the heat up, but doesn't if the tire tend to past the optimal range temperature.

With all the setting available you have quite the tool to control for the tires temperature to keep within the optimal range. It's a different way to make a nice setup.

kashifm, paul_wev and Lewisxbone like this.
  11. kashifm

kashifm Racer

Would a toe-in be just as effective at getting more temperature in the tire?

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@kashifm Just go with trial & error by looking at the tire temp or look at the color.

In my testing it is slower than having toe out. By how much I have don't have an exact answer, but I suppose you get what I mean.
    There's those guide that show that if you change some setting it make the car oversteer or reduce it. The question is, do you actually oversteer?

Using the tire app & those suspension setup guide have some correlation & have a better idea what the car is doing.

13. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I was having a lot of trouble to control the "tail happy" of this Porsche. I was almost quitting. But since I´m a persistant guy, I started to look very carefully at the setup and I found it: the travel range of the rear dampers. I lowered to 65, only to test it, and the problem was solved, like magic! My thoughts: "Hmmm, the height of the rear is low, the major weight in the Porsche is on the rear, so with a long travel range, maybe the rear is flooring or getting unstable because the suspension is "traveling" to much...".

I don´t know if my thoughts were in the right direction, but the thing is that worked. the rest of the setup is personal, I was only trying to end with the "tail happy". After this and some adjustments in the tyre pressures, I was able to win the silver medal in the special event with this Porsche at Barcelona.

14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I didn't expect the thread to come up, but I actually cleared this one on Barcelona

(setup below, oops it's for PC only)

On this special events, the back tend to overheat easily which you need a much softer suspension. Increasing the rear height increase the rear downforce which slow down the tire temperature increase. It's a way to reduce oversteer.

Attached Files:

paul_wev likes this.
  15. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Any help for a good setup for the GT3 R? I lose the rear when i want to enter the corner (no throttle etc.) + tyres getting very hot .. ?! I also have this problem with other GT3 cars like the Audi R8 LMS Ultra 2016

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017