1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possible to raise camera in bumper (1st person) and bonnet view?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Whitestar, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

In most cars the bumper view is a little low (too close to the ground) for my taste. Is it possible to raise it somehow, either through in-game apps or some INI edit?

mesa and ConcreteC0w like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Sounds modding Is it possible to raise the level of the rear channels? Jan 13, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Is Cheating in ACC still possible -Seriously- Dec 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC-Server incident logging possible? Nov 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    General modding discussion Is it possible to animate (tank) tracks? Nov 21, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Impossible to play online in ps5 Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to make AI performance more similar to each other? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to use the ACC Dedicated Server app for the PS5/PS4? Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Possible cause of dashboarding on 1.8.7.1 Dec 10, 2022

3. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Hmm It seems fine to me...I don't know if you can or not, but try to adjust the seating position see if that is possible in bumper view.

4. ConcreteC0w

ConcreteC0w Rookie

I'd also love to see this feature. Maybe KS could make the 'onboard camera' settings available to tweak all views (although i'm only interested in bonnet/bumper cam)

5. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

Yes i would prefer higher positions for bumper cams

6. Whitestar

Guys, I found a solution on how to do this. Really simple, plus we still get the onboard audio. :)
    I'm going to use the Z4 GT3 as an example here. You can experiment with other cars yourselves.

Start the game and select the Z4 GT3 and any track. Start the race.

1. Press HOME

2. In the console type these three commands. Press Enter to execute each command.
    set driverEye.z 1.31 (forward/backward --- use 1.1 or something similar if you want to see a little bit of the bonnet)
    set driverEye.y 0.99 (height --- 0.98 is about the same height as bumper cam)
    set driverEye.x 0.01 (left/right --- middle of the car, i.e. not realistic but works for 1st person view)
    You can test these settings against the default 1st person view by pressing F1 until you reach 1st person view (about 3 times I think). Carefully study the 1st person view, then press F1 again to return to the onboard settings view and see the difference. Adjust your settings until your onboard view closely resembles your 1st person (bumper) view.

3. Move the mouse cursor to the right edge of the screen and open the Onboard Settings app. Change the FOV to about 57.

4. Now press F1 until you get to the 1st person (bumper) view again. Carefully study the exposure in the 1st person view. Press F1 again to return to the onboard settings view and quickly press PgUp (Page Up) several times until the exposure is about the same as the 1st person view was (note that the exposure increases for all views when you press PgUp. That's why you have to remember how it was in 1st person view to begin with).
    All this is done to get rid of the "window effect" so that it looks like you are outside and not looking through the window. Remember, we are still technically in the in-car view looking out through the window. But by increasing the exposure we can achieve about the same exposure as outside of the car and "pretend" that we are outside.

5. Click Save in the Onboard Settings app

Your eye position and height are now saved here: \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars\bmw_z4_gt3\view.ini
    Your FOV setting is saved here: \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Please note: I don't know if the exposure adjustment is saved. Please report back here if you find that out before me. :)

You might want to use another FOV than me, since that is a personal preference. Please note that if you do, then you also might have to slightly adjust some of the other settings. So it might be better to adjust the FOV in the Onboard Settings app first, and then use the console.

I love this game. :D

Alexims and Phil64 like this.
  7. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I worked out how to do this yesterday, I'm really happy with the results but not too keen on bumper cam.
    I use a 50" screen which is about 1.3m in front of my head so having the dashboard that far away felt too much like I was sitting too far back in the car. What I wanted was the camera to be a few mm in front of the windscreen so I could see the bonnet from the correct perspective and feel immersion.

Using the Zonda R I set the seat fully forwards and the pitch to the centre of the car, FOV 55. Then press home key and enter "set driverEye.z 0.7" result, I got exactly what I wanted.

I also love this sim :)

Whitestar likes this.
  8. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Ummm... The devs have activated the WASD keys to adjust the viewpoint of the bumper and hood cams, so you can skip all the above, unless you absolutely MUST have the inboard audio.

9. DevonK

DevonK Racer

^Read my post - they have done it. Now they need to fix the external audio or (better still) use the internal audio for hood and bumper cam like other sims do (eg pCars).

10. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

A couple of reasons to do it from the cockpit view..
    1. Internal audio is much better than external
    2. The view of the bonnet is active - you can see the suspension reacting in sync with your ffb

DevonK likes this.
  11. Whitestar

Yes, I much prefer the onboard audio. :)

12. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Here's the problem - I don't expect the ability to access this view using the console to be available much longer. Why? Because the game is still "seeing" this view as a cockpit view, so for races where cockpit only views are specified, it becomes a way to cheat. Bye-bye to this solution.

13. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Neat - had not noticed that yet. So in other words the camera is not really "stuck" to the hood the way it is in real hood view, and you see the motion of the hood relative to normal driver head position, much as in cockpit view? Have to test this out...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Phil64 likes this.
  14. Whitestar

Well in that case it's just back to the WASD solution you mention above, and exterior audio. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :) I guess we can also hope for an option to choose onboard audio when outside as well.

Phil64 likes this.
  15. DevonK

DevonK Racer

I've posted a request in the audio issues forum for just such an option - anyone who agrees on the need for it please add your voice there, maybe it will lead to some action on this issue.

16. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Tested and there is a difference as noted, but it's pretty subtle (at least on the Lotus Elise SC I tested with). If you weren't looking for it you would never notice it.

One pleasant surprise - the custom setting you create per above instructions gets saved over game restarts! Nice, I thought you'd have to re-enter it every time you played.

17. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Try it on the Zonda, makes the bumper cam look very tame and really adds to immersion. I use lock camera to horizon so if you turn that off it might make a difference too.

I think it might be necessary to save the on board settings app to make it stick.

18. Whitestar

Great! Done :)
    Yes, they get saved for each car (separate folder) if you click Save in the Onboard Settings app. Unfortunately the FOV setting is universal, so it must be adjusted if you use different values for each car.

19. DevonK

DevonK Racer

Nor are exposure settings saved but they are a quick adjustment from the keyboard.