1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Post your track day videos !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by William Levesque, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

you are saying that real life FFB isn't as good as it is on games for wheel ? :D

2. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

I ended up using very little infos from the wheel .. I tried to be as clean as possible , loading the tail and letting it settle before pushing it.. even in braking I realized that I was locking because the car went wider than expected, I instinctively released brakes, turned my eyes and saw the smoke... with this car you get very basic info on from the wheel

Another thing is the reaction on throttle opening, I don't know if is due to injection setup or transmission elasticity, but especially at semaforo (the slowest harpin) I didn't liked the reaction of the car, like there's a step on the torque delivery on throttle opening
    Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

not a track day as such although on this day my car took much more of a thrashing than I've ever given it on track, five awesome Swiss mountain passes in one day with two weeks worth of stuff (and mountain bike gear) in the back

Also drove Susten and Gotthard pass, not put together any videos from them as there was too much traffic

I vote for San Bernardino pass to be the next AC "track"

4. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

4th time in the general standings and the first 2 were wearing full slicks. AC practice payed off ;)

Turk, liakjim, bondyboy and 3 others like this.
  5. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

congrats! where is this track? seems very tecnical, with lot of linked lines between turns

6. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Thanks, it was fun! It's located in northern Greece (just outside Serres city) . It's the biggest track in Greece actually.

Racing_34 likes this.
  7. insomnia

insomnia Racer

Time to wake up this thread. People in the Eifel greeting each other "Frohes Neues!" (Happy New Year!) - sound of engines in the distant and near, smell of rubber in the parking lot. Touristenfahrten have finally started on the Nordschleife. Had a great first weekend. Drive safe everybody!

baboon, arthur666 and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  8. Wont wake up until May at the earliest, we're still getting a snowstorm today and car's in a tempo being worked on when it's not too cold :D

9. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Chasing a couple of Honda Integra Type R DC2's in my Integra DC5 at a very wet Castle Combe.

boabmatic and arthur666 like this.
  10. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

(I really need to get a video setup. :rolleyes: )

Trackdaze group at VIR Full course March 20/21 . This was my first solo drive. Ended up being a small group, so we had tons of track time. I think I had 10 hours track time over 2 days if I wanted. Only ended up driving about 6 or 7, which was plenty. Really recommend these people if you're on the East coast. https://www.trackdaze.com/ Great group, chill and fun, but safe. They have instructors for some sessions too, which is how I got to eventually solo drive on an open track. No pace cars or speed limits or anything.

TDz1.jpg TDz2.jpg

I drove a stock 2015 Mustang EcoBoost w/Performance Package, Dad drove his Focus RS. We switched cars a couple of times. :)
    The Mustang was a very friendly track car. Enough power to not get run-over by other cars, and very neutral when pushed a little harder. Did nothing unexpected, and when the rear breaks loose, it's nice and gradual. Though, Dad spun the Mustang in turn 5a/6.
    If the EcoBoost had a little more power, a louder exhaust, and I had dialed in a little more aggressive camber in the front, it would be quite the dandy track car. Heavy, but still very fun to drive.

The RS is like nothing I've ever driven before. So much torque. so much grip, so forgiving with its fancy AWD system. First time I've ever started to get motion-sickness while driving.

Perfect weather, nice morning.
    TDz3.jpg

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I just did my first track day last weekend at Putnam Park Road Course in Indiana with my 2015 Subaru STI. It was way more physically demanding than I expected, and I have started working out 4 times a week now to get prepared for my next one.
    Before I went to the track, I did a lot of laps in AC with the Audi A1S1 (which I assumed to be the closest official content to the STI) at a Putnam track mod. However the 2 experiences are vastly different. With the AC Audi I could play with the throttle in corners. For example if I lift off the car will come around a bit. But in my STI the AWD system works really hard, and I couldn't clearly feel instant impacts caused by me changing throttle input. With AC Audi when I exit the corner if I push the gas all way in I will understeer crazy, but in the STI when I exit the corner the car goes wherever I look at when full throttle. The other thing I felt was that in real life the car was VERY HARD TO SLOW DOWN and negotiate through the tightest corner of the track, compared to AC Audi. Although they are different cars with quite different weight, that corner in AC still feels a bit too easy.

The car is stock. The only change I've made to my car was I got a new set of Hankook Ventus RS4 tires and a new set of Hawk HPS brake pads at the front. I'm running 36psi/35psi front and 33psi/32psi rear (hot) in these onboard videos. Many of my friends say I overdrived the car way too much and I was killing the front tires. I would really appreciate people here help me finding the problems in my driving and offer me some tips and suggestions. I have been searching for and studying STI Putnam Park onboard videos of both my and other people's track days, but it is still not clear to me what I need to do different.

Last session of the first day:

On the second day I rode along with this guy driving a Mitsubishi Evo X. His driving style and his corner entry speeds affected me a lot:

After watching that guy tracking his Evo, I got in my own car and started to overdrive madly. Eventually I ran off track quite a lot. There was another more spectacular off track action later at Turn 1, but my camera's battery died.

arthur666 and baboon like this.
  13. Well, STIs aren't so good on tarmac, they will understeer pretty badly most of the time... The diffs dont work well for that. Even track-prepped cars don't look all that comfortable. Try to play with the pedals a bit more, brake release is very important for turn-in. Don't overturn the wheel, if the car understeers it wont turn anymore by adding more steering.

HPS pads ? No fade ? I've faded mine pretty bad on braking intensive tracks, and that's with a lightweight Miata... Wouldn't run any less than Street-Race pads now. How are the RS4's btw ? Got a set ordered.

14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm pretty new to high performance driving so I couldn't really tell if I got brake fade. The brake felt firm throughout my 2 days at the track though. There was no mushy feeling in it.
    I only have experience with these new RS4 and the STI stock Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires (used on 3 AutoX events). They feel slightly more responsive than the Dunlop ones, but for whatever reason I felt more fun with the Dunlop tires when they are on or over the limit. I don't think I've extracted all the potential of either the car or the RS4 tires though. Looking forward to my next track day event.

15. So... Suspension and cooling improvements aside, this happened:
    FB_IMG_1493587509781.jpg

#soon

16. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

- .500 per lap from drag.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  17. Angle has to be tweaked on track but so far drag doesnt seem bad at all, and I'll actually be able to use the splitter without dying.

18. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

I know I sound like a dick, but, I dont want to. For a splitter to work properly, it needs a flat floor. Same with a diffuser.

Adding random aero will seldom bring benefits. It really needs testing.

Money is best spent on good rubber or driving lessons. That's where you'll get the most time on track.

19. Splitter goes up to the front axle. It works, trust me. I'm not adding random bits here, what I'm doing has been tested on these cars for a while, maybe you should make some research first ? Of course a flat floor would be better, but keep in mind that its grassroot stuff here, gotta keep it budget-friendly and flat floors are a lot more R&D intensive.

Good rubbers have been ordered, as for driving lessons... Not too sure about that, not exactly a noob.

Anyway, I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

A flat plate like that will probably stall at any angle above 10 degrees. Whoever tested that had placebo full on.