1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Problems drifting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hellraiser, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

Hey there,

I bought and installed the game yesterday, still beeing really hyped about it. But I'm really having a hard time drifting the cars and driving them on the limit in general. I'm not really sure if it's because of me (I am by no stretch of the imagination a good driver) or due to the fact, that my Thrustmaster RGT only has a rotation of 270°.
    As soon as I enter a drift, no matter how fast I countersteer, the car keeps sliding in the direction I forced it to. I just don't get the car control I need, it seems.
    I already fiddled around with the speed sensivity, but that didn't solve the underlying problem. But some hours ago I mentioned, that when the car is standing still, I can turn the ingame wheel lock to lock, as it should. Even tho as soon as I gain speed I can't anymore.
    E.g. I'm driving the BMW M5 in second gear and when I fully turn my real wheel to the right, the ingame wheel is turned only about 90°.

Hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to explain, as I'm kinda lacking the words right now and English not beeing my mother tongue. :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Having problems with drifting/powersliding Jan 5, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server Launch Problems (TCP socket error detected 10054) Sep 14, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Xbox serie xG923 problems with ACC May 9, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer strange connection problems - multiplayer lobbys Mar 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Any problems with AC and Windows 11? Sep 16, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 2 problems with contrast from day/night conditions Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster wheel problems. Aug 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Logitech G920 and brake pedal Apr 3, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards New SimRacer having problems getting first TR Mar 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Problems starting ACC Mar 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec CSL pedal problems as of PS5 nextgen 1.7.7.5 Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer SA Competition Server problems Jan 22, 2022
    General modding discussion content menager problems no synchornization Jan 12, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Problems with shadows and images blur Dec 3, 2021

3. EZehnder

EZehnder Rookie

You're going to have a hard time drifting a car with only 270 degrees of wheel rotation. Check videos of people drifting. You're going to need a wheel with 540 degrees rotation minimum, I would think.

4. pclipse

pclipse Racer

270 degrees is pretty hard to drift with in the first place. Post a video if you can, then we'll see what you're doing wrong (y)

5. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

Im fully aware that 270 degrees is far away from ideal, concerning drifting. But at the moment I'm stuck with that wheel, so I gotta make the best out of it. I'll play around with the steering gama and see if it solves the problem.

6. pclipse

pclipse Racer

Sure if all else fails, post a video of your attempts, maybe it's just a matter of technique.

I have a video of messing around in the E92 at Magione here:

Far from ideal drifting, but that was the first time I tried the car :p

7. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

Saw your video and it supported my suspicion. As soon as I'm driving with regular speed, the wheel doesn't turn more than about 90 degrees per side. Only when I'm standing still and driving very low speeds I have the ability to turn from lock to lock. No surprise that I can't drift properly, when I'm not able to (counter-)steer as I should.
    And I reset the steering gamma back to 0, as it just made matters worse.

8. pclipse

pclipse Racer

Ahh that is really odd. Not sure how to help there. Are you driving in "Pro" mode? Because I know all the assists could possibly cause this. I even saw a "brake assist" option somewhere in there :p

9. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

Yep, everything turned off except throttle blip :confused: Hope the devs have something to say about this

10. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz Racer

I think that the problem lies in your controls configuration. It seems that you have speed sensivity enabled, which is normally for keyboard and controllers, not wheels.

11. SAi66

SAi66 Gamer

Posted this video on another thread, but I guess I'll post it here too. Controlling the weight of the car is key in Assetto Corsa drifting.

12. Roli

Roli Rookie

its just a force feedback thingy. try 85% FFB and 0.17-0.18 damping. then the drifting feels real

13. Ruskyv

Ruskyv Gamer

That sounds like speed sensitive stearing. Have a look at turning that off and sebif that helps.

14. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

I don't have speed sensitivity turned on at all.
    @Roli: I think you missed out the important part, I don't have a problem with the feeling of the FFB. Again, as soon as I drive at regular driving speed, I don't have the full rotation (=lock to lock) anymore, even tho I turn my physical wheel to the fullest. While driving a corner, ingame I have about ~90 to 110 degrees of steering available from the center, in both directions. Hence the problems with countersteering.

Hope you get my point now :)

15. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Anybody who thinks drifting is easy doesn't know drifting ;). I think GT5 and Forza 4 have spoiled a LOT of people.

16. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Gamer

I think we can all agree on that, but unfortunately, this doesn't help me with my technical problem :p

17. pclipse

pclipse Racer

I don't know why my thread of "E92 M3 has too much body roll" isn't getting more credit. The body roll looks really bad, looks like it's on old rusty springs. Maybe we're just missing the "M" mode button? Devs need to fix the Body roll, then the E92 will be perfected.

18. Ruskyv

Ruskyv Gamer

Remember you can dial out body roll with a good setup. The default setup is there as a good base to work from but its not going to be ideal for every track. Saying that it looks bad means there is scope for you to tune it to your own driving style. After all its called a race sim for a reason, that means spending time in the garage as well as driving ;)

19. pclipse

pclipse Racer

You want to tell me how I'm supposed to dial out body roll with Toe, camber and tyre pressure :p

I know how to tune a car, but the E92 doesn't have tune-able dampers, ARBs etc.

20. Ruskyv

Ruskyv Gamer

From your video you can drift by the look of it so I guess those setting won't be missed by you then :p

21. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

Check out the Chris Harris links in the first video.

In general though I have found the best way to get the back end out is Scandinavian flick or by dumping the clutch.

As for your wheel just make sure its all set up linear maybe bind a button for the clutch ?