1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Progress appreciation thread!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Sep 15, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

There are, of course, areas for improvement, but overall, I'm really thrilled with 1.15 and the Ready to Race DLC. I love the 911 GT1, and the MC12 GT1 is just as much of a delight. These cars strike a wonderful balance of incredible performance, while still moving around a bit, like an actual car. It really makes me miss GT1 racing :( Incredible job, Kunos!

I just got electricity and internet back after Hurricane Irma here in South Florida, and the 1.15 release and DLC were waiting for me as soon as I fired up my PS4. It was a really pleasant surprise after so many hours of boredom and sweating my butt off because of this storm :mad::D

I haven't tried all the cars yet, but I immediately jumped in a couple:

Maserati MC12 GT1 around Spa - Is there a better combo? I'm not sure I've found it. Maybe GT3 RS around Nordschleife Tourist, but it's a really close competition.

Audi TT RS (VLN) around Nordschleife Endurance (VLN layout) - Is this car FWD? AWD? It's so balanced! Absolutely incredible for a FWD car. Honestly, I never thought a FWD car would make any of my top lists, but the way this car works through a circuit is just incredible.

Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo at Highlands Short - Jam the throttle and toss it in, this car can take it. It may not be the fastest, and it may understeer terminally, but there's something incredibly fun about this car when driven around a tight circuit. It's like you can't get yourself into trouble. The saying, "when in doubt, throttle out" must have been written about this car.

Like I said, I haven't had a chance to properly explore the new content yet, but so far, I'm really happy with this DLC. Just the three cars I listed above would be worth the $8 bucks.

cave, MaxStrong01, Fbrg90 and 14 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Loosing save progress mid race and after race. (Xbox series x) Mar 19, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GAME SAVING PROGRESS - CHAMPIONSHIP Dec 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC not saving progress Sep 2, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost the last 10 days worth of progression!!! Jun 22, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost rating progression Jun 6, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Safety Rating Progress not saved Jun 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [solved] Career progression lost (saved career desync from progression) Apr 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost Driver Rating progression after servers up again Mar 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Version - Progression not fully carried over Feb 23, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Very very new to AC - career progression?? Jun 10, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Zandvoort track medal issue. Progress bar resets Apr 4, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Saving game progress Apr 2, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How should a hotstint progression look like? Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Loss of Medals and Progression Apr 1, 2020
    Console Lounge All progress lost again Dec 30, 2019

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

What a excellent update, lost all 12 months data. Brilliant job.

Lewisxbone and Gurkensepp like this.
  5. Wait, you lost data that just a few days ago you couldn't save?

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Lol, we couldn't save anything for the first 6 months, then we couldn't delete anything for 5 months then we couldn't save championships for 2 months.
    I was 3/4 the way through career then the Ai went awful so I parked the career, and waited for the Ai improvements because the cars in the last 1/4 of career are the ones I prefer.
    Now I've got to start again.
    Also I have invested a lot of time in the first 6 months on special challenges, bronze,silver,gold I'm not the quickest of racers, so I had quite a few different achievements scattered through the challenges, now all these have gone.
    Setups well these have been a disaster from the start in terms of saving, not a lot more to say on this.
    So after 6 months and the Ai broke, we switched to multiplayer, very enjoyable had some great races, then they bought in the private lobbies, well that stoped our racing community, servers went to complete rubbish, high pings servers, getting disconnected, then we couldn't even load the game for 3 weeks on and off.
    Servers are still rubbish after the latest update, high pings, game is now reset to new, the frame rate in special events is just awful, so please don't get saying how good the last update is.

So my thoughts are do I start again, and trust Kunos that they have sorted the issues out, or do I give up on it and uninstall i, or wait for Xbox x which would probably sort the frame rate out.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  7. fitzy5

fitzy5 Rookie

For the past few months I've been having a familiar feeling while playing Assetto on the Xbox one but I couldn't put my finger on it until now. Assetto reminds my of an ex, I enjoyed some of the things in our relationship so much that I was willing to overlook the thing I hated. Unfortunately the things I hated eventually outweighed the thing I loved and the relationship ended. I don't want my relationship with Assetto to go the same way.

8. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

And what are the laptime's between both cars on one of the same track ?

9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

The MC12 GT1 and 911 GT1 raced during different eras. The 911 GT1-98 came at the end of the 1990's GT1 era, a time when GT racing under when the significant upheaval. It could be argued that Porsche "broke" (as in, made obsolete) the regulatory homologation model used at that time. Other manufacturers followed suite, and GT1 died as a result.

The MC12 GT1 was one of only a couple of GT1 cars that raced in the FIA GT1 series that was revived (and short lived) in the 2000's. The cars did not have quite the same pace as the 1990's era.

In short, the two can't/shouldn't really be raced directly against each other with the expectation that competitors will have a level playing field. That's true of many cars in AC though.

Traks1 and svenvangent like this.
  10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Assetto Corsa as an 'usual game' has been a failure, no doubt. You unlock your medals only to see it wiped out, no leaderboards, etc. If you need these game aspects to be satisfied, you're right to be disappointed.

But if you don't care about that stuff, Assetto Corsa is the best thing that could have happened on console. Before this last update, I had huge amounts of fun only by hotlapping and trying to improve my own times with several different car/track combos, all noted down in a Google Docs spreadsheet.

But with this update, the new AI added the possibility of having incredible races like never before. It's been immensely fun to fight those 'guys', as they hold on their positions and try to overtake you all the time. They are still not perfect (I think a difficulty level slider is what's still missing for that); but if before I would have rated them as '4', now I would say they deserve at least a '8'.

The framerate is not fantastic for sure, but it's more than decent enough. I can't notice a big difference between AC and PCars in this aspect, even with all AIs loaded on track. This update has also improved the overall looks of the game, with better colours, shades and interiors in many cars. Handling is also better for many cars, which I couldn't have thought possible.

In conclusion, I also found this update brilliant, to say nothing of the R2R pack: what fantastic cars it has added! My only complaint is I have been playing AC too much since this Monday and I fear my knees will soon start to ache.

11. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Ok thank you Bradleyland , didn't know they where from different eras in time .
    So mixing them up in a AI race want be necessary to have a close race between them .

bradleyland likes this.
  12. MCM Henri

MCM Henri Gamer

Its so weird because I agree with everyone!

I want to moan about all the problems (so many problems) but at the end of the day the thing that upset me so much about the launch issue wasn't that I felt ripped off because it was faulty, but that I thought I wouldn't be able to play Assetto Corsa.. the only game that actually satisfies me as a driver on console..

And then the update came and improved things to the point where I can actually have great battles offline when AC is claiming "no servers found" for the millionth time.

I don't even care because the game is so damn Italian, it's almost it's charm that the game never works! It's something like a 70's Alfa GTA; it's so unreliable at some points that you just want to throw it in a lake, BUT you just can't blame it because you know that its trying so hard.
    But when the stars align and you get in a lobby with the right people, in the right car, on the right track.. nothing comes close.

wow I'm dramatic.

rallyesax likes this.
  13. bluesky

bluesky Alien

Do you know that it is 2017? It should be possible to implement leaderboards into a video game in our time.

But this is an Xbox - problem because Microsoft allows (or on the Xbox 1 can be handled) only 8 different general leaderboards.
    That's the reason why Turn10 dropped F and E class in their games since fm5 and why it is so hard to develop leaderboards that make sense.

And to see all progress gone isn't really usual and definitely it is more than a small let down.
    If you are only interested and being challenged in improving your lap times, you are on the lucky side and you really don't expect much of a racing game.
    Others need the challenge of earning medals or unlocking new race series. Do they expect too much of a racing game in your eyes? I don't think so.

l also think that is not too much to expect, that made progress isn't wiped out after an update.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If it can happen on Gran Turismo which is made by a big Sony dev then it can happen to Kunos too. On GT5 I had finished 95% of career mode, then my game save data corrupted. But here is where that was far more damaging than losing everything on AC, I had hundreds of cars all tuned and customized. I had all the 20 million credit cars and plenty of credits left. All gone in one swoop! This was not a closed case either, it was happening to a lot of people.

Might be too late now but if Xbox stores saves online you should try using that. My game deleted everything the other day, luckily I had a save backed up on PSN the night be for, so restored everything thankfully. GT5 taught me to regularly make copies to USB of all game saves I care about.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If you have a moment, post it on the PS4 thread I created with the same name as this one, so the devs know.

16. bluesky

bluesky Alien

As soon as you are online, Xbox saves the game in the cloud without offering you the choice of a preferred place.
    If you have played without internet connection and you go online, the cloud synchronizes with your local game save and transfers it to the cloud if it is newer than the cloud save.

On Xbox is no option to save on a USB device or to save the cloud to the USB device.

In case of Assetto Corsa the meaning is that the update deleted both savegames, the local and the cloud one.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Also 505 games on reply from the bug form I submitted on data loss, answer its nothing to do with them, please post in bug section on forum so devs know. They did apologise though, which is more than anyone from kunos has done so far.

SlimCharles likes this.