1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Remote Play badly needs to be fixed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mattbeastblood, Oct 18, 2016.

1. When using Remote Play on PS Vita with Assetto Corsa, the Throttle and Brake are mapped to the top corners of the touch screen.

Nuff said.

It's just another example of AC needing better alternate control configurations. I believe Kunos said they would add some more control setups, but I thought I'd point out how bad the config is on the Vita because IMO, the only time a developer would.

The ideal control config for the Dualshock 4 AND the PS Vita would be right analog stick up for throttle, right analog stick down for brake, shifting done on the R and L buttons (or R1/L1 on DS4)

But even a config with X and square as throttle and gas, or R and L (R1 and L1) would be better than the touch screen obviously.

Remote play maps the triggers (R2 and L2) to the corners of the touch screen by default, so to me this seems like Kunos never even tried using remote play before. I can't see how else gas/brake would be mapped to the touch screen. I can't believe any developer would prefer to have it that way.

Scuderia Paul likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues mp remote player prediction when connection lost Oct 25, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Remote player throttle telemetry Oct 21, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks Oct 19, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room AC server on remote pc Sep 14, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI-based Race Assistants with full (remote) Pitstop automation Jun 17, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AC remote configurator and control Apr 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server - remote control Mar 31, 2021
    ACC Tools Remotely Manage Rack Service Server with GUI? Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Remote cars illumination Jul 7, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues doubt creating a remote server Dec 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Nissan GT-R /C - the ultimate remote-control car for gamers Oct 11, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Forcibly Closed by remote host Apr 26, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Camera names on remote cars Mar 25, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Remote connections cannot see me - i can see remote connections Jan 6, 2016

3. Horus

Horus Alien

I should not reply, BUT! It is made for the PS4, yes the PS4 can stream the game to the vita but I can stream it via steam onto a crappy laptop and I would expect it not to work to its best ability. Still, I agree that you need controller mapping. I'm sure Kunos are looking into it for you guys. Keep the faith brother, keep the faith. :)

P.S. Good on you man, purchased on console and PC! That is what I call supporting the cause. Peace and Love to you and yours.

4. Well I was simply commenting on the button mapping of remote play. Mapping the 2 of the 3 most important functions of a racing game (throttle and brake) to the corners of a touchscreen is just senseless.

The way remote play works in general is bad for racing games. Even Steam's in home streaming ads too much lag for racing games, BUT, I just think it's crazy that they would map something as important as throttle and brake to a touchscreen and wanted to point it out.

It also relates to the fact that AC really needs more button mapping options or at least better configurations.

But yes, I've had AC on PC since day 1, and all the DLC too.

Horus likes this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

I was just saying I do not think that Kunos thought someone would try to play AC on a touch screen tablet. :)

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  6. Which is most likely why the throttle/brake is mapped so poorly on it LOL (btw, Vita isn't a touchscreen tablet. It has a touchscreen but also a bunch of buttons, 2 analog sticks, etc. but it's missing a R2/L2, and R3/L3 button so those are often mapped to the front touch screen, the rear, or both, but USUALLY, the R2/L2 is mapped to the R and L buttons on the Vita, not the touchscreen)

Also, supporting remote play is basically a requirement to make a game on PS4. There's not a single game I know of on PS4 that doesn't support it AND, even beta's and early demo's support it. They had to code the support for it in, they had to know remote play with the Vita is there, but they just never tried it obviously.

I wonder if they even own a Vita tbh LOL

Horus likes this.
  7. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey! We just wanted to step in here... If you're experiencing issues with Assetto Corsa, please reach out to our support team! They can look into any problems you're having! You can get in touch here > https://support.505games.com/support/signup

8. It's kind of more a suggestion. It's a button mapping/control configuration issue.

Throttle and Brake (R2 and L2) are mapped to the touchscreen of the vita, I was just pointing that out because I would honestly be shocked if you guys had it that way by design.

I think it's obvious why mapping the 2 most used/important functions besides steering being mapped to the corners of a touchscreen is an issue.

But the problem will be solved if more control configurations are added, especially one that lets us use the Right Analog stick up for throttle, down for brake.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016