1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

returning to pit penalty, whats the point?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Dec 14, 2016.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

can someone explain why we have this ridicules feature?
    so if someone crashes me during the start of a race and i have damage and choose to go back to the pits, why do i get a penalty? isn't it bad enough that i had to go back to the pits and i'm now last place? i now have to seat more then a freaking minute in the pits with locked controls?
    that completely ruins the whole race and now i'm down a lap and will just be getting out of people way the entire race because i will be waved blue flags.

Buggi likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality VR : Menu disappearing when returning from pit into garage Jan 2, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds ACS.exe stops working when returning to pits. Mar 29, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Front left camber value changed when returning to pits Feb 11, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ac hangs immediately after returning to pits after race Sep 28, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Returning to pits on first lap results in lap not counted Mar 17, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Losing Control-Ability when returning to pit with the Formula Abarth Nov 10, 2013
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Returning the old competition Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game hangs when returning to main menu [Fanatec LEDs] Jun 18, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues AC crash once returning to main menu from race session in VR mode Jul 1, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Content Manager UI reduces scale after returning to it after a race Nov 28, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuttering and millions of 'EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (fin_AOA_CD.lut)' errors Mar 2, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Black screen entering race or returning to main menu Apr 2, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Intermittent ctd after returning to the lobby app Jul 26, 2014
    ACC Gameplay [Nords] Retired AI or AI in pits do not count as having finished the race Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024

3. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Some options:
    - Play in server with damage at 0%.
    - Be prudent on race starts
    - Stay away from wreckers
    - Do the lap and enter the pit without the magic "return to pit" button: you're going to avoid 20 seconds of penalty.

Have fun!

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Going back to pit was an loophole that is now fixed. ;)

5. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

1.its not 20 sec its more then a minute
    2.this is not real life and i dont wish to circle around with damaged car till i get to the pits.

didnt really explain why the penalty is there? what is it meant to do ?

6. This.

Mr.Mugel likes this.
  7. Then this:

8. The penalty is there because having the game DQ you for warping to pits would be too harsh.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The main point is it was also a way around skipping a pit stop, changing tyres refuelling and fixing damage much faster then you would in a regular stop.

Id prefer a server option to have this off, as is currently or not allow people to resume after going to pits.

If your joining a race and regularly need to escape to pits and want to keep re entering after wrecking your car getting in the way of others actually trying to race, I would rather set servers as simply not allowing anyone to resume after escaping making it possible to have longer races in pub servers. The way it as atm most seem to wreck out early and then just hot lap oblivious to others racing or blue flags, if they knew they cant escape and resume then more would take some care at the start of the race. Those that don't will leave the server and so in the end it will make races more enjoyable for all except those that are in a hurry to be the first to crash.

GhostMan likes this.
  10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

most public racing servers are sprint races 6-8 laps with short 10-15min Q no need for pit stop.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Most public server races need to be short sprint races because running a long race is fairly pointless with so many constantly escaping to pits and restarting to run longer races amongst these people. If this is such a big issue for some people then maybe they need to look into driving better to avoid contact or pick servers that have a better standard of driving in it if they claim its always the others causing their crashes. ;)

Also if there is no need to pit why are you escaping back to the pits? You can drive back to the pits and repair the damage or just keep driving if you dont need to go to the pits. :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  12. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

I enjoy the challenge of driving back to pits with 2 flat tires and my steering pulling to the left. Builds character and "immersion". They need a animation of the driver getting out and throwing his helmet into the garage.

13. or a fighting subgame where you wait for the guy that hit you in the pit area and beat the **** out of him with lots of different combos :D

GhostMan, snyperal, LeiF and 2 others like this.
  14. Oh yes, I would love to have some VS fighting added ! Then both of my preferred game genres are united :) Be sure to add proper arcade stick support for the fighting part ! <kidding>

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Suggestion for subgame hidden level v 1.12 :D

snyperal and Ozcanuck55 like this.