1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

RHD vs. LHD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChrisR, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I just wondered if there was any reason why the lotus cars, elise, 211 etc where all LHD when in england where they are made they are RHD.

Is this going to be changed in the future?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room LHD/RHD question Mar 6, 2014
    Suggestions Car Interiors RHD Vs LHD Nov 15, 2013

3. I'm not sure but it seems logical to me that they are all LHD because on almost every other countries, except England, they are this way and don't forget that these cars are made in Italy bu Kunos. ;)

xrider55, Akis Kev and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Surely the most logical way would be to match the handedness with the country it was made in.

Well to me it is.

MsportDAN likes this.
  5. stabiz

stabiz Gamer

The only reason to make a car RHD is if it only produced as a RHD. Most people use LHD.

Robilon likes this.
  6. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

i much prefer RHD especially in a BRITISH made car

7. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

Why not allow both to make everyone drive what he's used to ? like LFS.
    no need for much graphics work to do this.

Flinty72 and JDuvel like this.
  8. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I would like right hand drive option too for all cars it's available on in real life. About 35% of the world drives right hand drive, including Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Ireland and about 70 more, it's not just England.

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I dont mind driving LHD, id just like to see cars using the correct handedness from country of manufacture.

10. ChrisR, are you saying that LHD Lotus are incorrect?
    I always though that LHD or RHD had to do with country of registry and not country of producing. As I said in Italy cars are LHD and on rest of Europe, North America and most of other countries cars are also LHD. You must understand that RHD is the exception, not the rule.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Lotus and mclaren are both made in england.. They should be rhd

12. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I don't think it matters where the car was made, if it's available in RHD in real life, I don't think it's asking too much for there to be a RHD option in AC. It doesn't matter if more countries use LHD, it doesn't change the fact that RHD is used in real life by hundreds of millions of people. The thing you have to understand is, the only rule here is most cars are made in RHD and LHD only cars are the exception. ;)

13. endgame

endgame Racer

I prefer RHD because it's what I'm used to in real life but also because most circuits are clockwise orientated and from cockpit view I find it easier to nail apexes when they're closer to me relatively speaking.

Old Geezer and RelapseUK like this.
  14. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Same for me, only prefer LHD, When I see RHD cockpit I want to vomit, and shifting gears with left hand (I am righty) feels uncomfortable

15. Ruskyv

Ruskyv Gamer

Dont bother me to be honest I live in england so i'm used to a RHD, all i do is keep my H pattern on the left as per what i'm used too. If i wanted to i guess i could just move my H pattern to the right for immersion sake. but its not going to make me any faster left or right so there is no beef with as to which side i prefer to sit:p

16. sinbad

sinbad Racer

They're Euro-spec. Whilst they're produced in RHD and LHD, if they choose to model a LHD car then that's the way it should be. Imo it's better for the cars to be fixed, be it to RHD or LHD, rather than have people switching all the time (and the physics question of how much advantage that could provide).

17. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I guess some of the most interesting Japanese cars won't be on this game if RHD isn't an option to have :(

18. If it's produced in England it should be RHD...that's plain nonsense. Should their speedometers also be in mph only?? Most people drive LHD so it should be like that. Only if a car is produced only in RHD it should be like that.

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

seems i hit a nerve... :rolleyes:

20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Seems more like you don't have a clue.

21. barclay123

barclay123 Racer

Damn i would love to have an option for mph that would be awesome :) haha