1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Road Traffic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fahim, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Any chance of Kunos introducing this. I loved the original need for speed series on the pc,to be able to cruise the street/highway circuits with slow moving road traffic. I will be downloading a few mods later which I know are not perfect. I saw them on youtube and brought back memories of having a look to make sure the way is clear for an overtake :)

Also a clip with this mod with VR looked pretty good how you could move your head and look around any blind spots to make the overtake maneuver more realistic.

Apparently it's not that difficult to code? Would be nice to have a vote atleast :)

Cote Dazur likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Physics AMG front splitter not fully modeled (no scraping on road surface) Apr 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Road Effect Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC broadcast docs Jan 21, 2023
    ACC User Interface Gap time disappears when in Broadcast view Nov 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to enter the broadcasting mode in PS4? Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How to hide this se3ssion info widget in ACC Broadcasting Mode? Jul 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Mclaren 570s on Coste Roads May 25, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Drive to Dream - road to 2023 Porsche Carrera Cup Italia. May 20, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars road reflection artefact/flash when wipers move with rain at cockpit cam Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Mixed Reality Race at Mount Panorama [Real Wheel and hands with Broadcast Style Angles] Feb 11, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Replay is bugged when FSR and 16:9 Broadcast Cameras are enabled Jan 11, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Broadcasts with commentators... look them up here Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller Rumble - Road or Engine feedback too strong? Dec 9, 2021

3. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

People seem to have a really hard time to understand the concept of a racing simulator.

4. Orne

Orne Alien

Traffic can be pretty cool. I really like it at sp237 which is a point to point course. Having to look out for traffic in the opposing lane while racing ups the ante for sure. Street racing but sans all the danger doing it in real life would entail.

Fahim likes this.
  5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It can be done by creating a AI fast lane on any "road" like track, as long as there is a loop at both end, try SP 237 available on Race Department.

Fahim likes this.
  6. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Ace Pumpkin, Fahim, mms and 1 other person like this.
  7. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

"Racing simulator" is a bad slogan for Assetto Corsa since it is very little developed in this sense. I'm not interested in traffic, but it would not be a bad choice for Trackday.

Fahim likes this.
  8. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

why ? because it has race track circuits ?
    this is what I'm making. plenty road networks

9. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

No, let me elaborate.

I'm not against traffic, or open roads, in fact it would be a dream to have AC physics and graphics, and FZ Horizon like open road network, and that online, that would be totally awesome.

However, traffic ai has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with a racing simulator, so therefore it's not really needed.
    Kunos is a relatively small developer, so I rather see them dedicate their resources to actual improve the racing features of the sim, and not some simcade features that a minority of the user base wants.

P.S your ''track'' looks amazing!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  10. Fahim

Fahim Racer

Minority? You should read posts to the full. I think we should have a vote to see the results. And are you a coder? Do you know how long it would take to code traffic in a sim. Nope.

11. Because its race system has not become a standard like on iRacing, for me Assetto Corsa is the best virtual driving experience so far. The steering, the weight sensation, the laserscanned tracks.
    I mainly start long practice sessions with different cars to enjoy the ride and nothing else, no victory goals etc. To me Assetto Corsa is like the virtual pleasure of driving ;)

AmorFati and Pixelchaser like this.
  12. Pixelchaser

this is why a cruise track can work. even loosely involved with real traffic rules, its still a blast. and let me tell you from my experiences all these cars I see in a different light because ive been able to drive on relatively realistic roads. their handling, their sense of personality simply comes alive other ways, its quite amazing from what ive been doing, very worth while and strangely enjoyable. navigation alone is a concept rarely enjoyed in a sim but its a real thing. that can be simulated :)

Michele Papis likes this.
  13. Btw the main problem is the speed sensation, take that video for example, it's not like in real life sensation, you can get corner also too fast and it's not immersive.

14. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Yes (only a totally different occupation) and partially, please don't make a fool out of yourself

You asked for opinions and I expressed mine, so what are you trying to say here........?

15. Things around are too static, also inside the car you can't get that fast blur effect just around your eye sight that let you feel the speed. It s an old problem of Ac, try for example Trento-Bondone, drive on it at real speed like on your car irl. You can reach 100kmh and seems you re driving at 50kmh, and you can't get brake points right. On the hairpin feels quite odd and the dimension scale feels wrong to me.. I can get that kind of immersion.

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

16. Pixelchaser

you`re wrong about the speed sensation. doing 220 mph on a built up highway in P1 left my heart racing. its a very intense speed to maintain and you certainly rarely get anywhere near this on anything else. watch my vid after 26 mins. I had to stop because of how intense it was. you havnt experienced that before in a physics heavy sim, trust me that its not conveyed very well in the video due to crap streaming quality but in game its something else entirely trying to concentrate.

17. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps you should recheck your FOV, can make a massive difference to the perception of speed.

''you can't get that fast blur effect just around your eye sight''

I've never seen that happen, and I reached 320 on the Autobahn, it's just a trick some games did to give you a false sense of speed.

fr13del likes this.
  18. It's not really a kind of blur, sorry for my explanation, but while driving I mean..if you look outside on the car side near objects there is a kind of movements, not like a special effect of course, but in Assetto corsa if you look in the same way, looks like that movement is really slowed down and break the immersion.

19. Fahim

Fahim Racer

[QUOTE="You asked for opinions and I expressed mine, so what are you trying to say here........?[/QUOTE]

Just slow down mate and stop acting like a child. lol It's only a game and we are allowed to ask for a vote atleast. :) take care.

20. But from what can I understand, intense because you have to battle with the wheel, intense about the difficulty to drive the car at limit, but if you watch a replay onboard it feels static, not like irl.
    Try for example and Abarth SS on Trento, drive it at maximum and is not that challanging like in real life, try that speed in real life and you get mad about the road is close to you. You can push over 120km/h but everything around seems totally static, for a small road like that. While irl just pushing at some lower speed you have to start pray..
    Tried a lot of fov, don't know..

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sure, why not. They can also throw in some speed traps and police chases while at that, shouldn't be that hard, right?

AmorFati likes this.