1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Screen Tearing on PS4

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Gabrien, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Rookie

Very distracting to have so much screen tearing in the PS4 version! Doing my best to enjoy the game, and yes the driving model is still king, but coupled with occasional but persistent frame drops, as well as other issues mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the overall sense is quickly becoming that of experiencing an inferior version of the game, and that is simply not what was promised.

Hopefully there are fixes in the works. As it stands now, the whole is a frustrating experience, with clearly excellent driving model being hobbled by lacklustre presentation, technical issues, and lack of basic features.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Screen freezes/tearing Jun 17, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Vsync /fps cap/screen tearing Dec 8, 2019
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Screen Tearing even with Gsync Oct 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions MASSIVE PROBLEMS WITH FPS AND SCREEN TEARING Aug 28, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Terrible frame rate and screen tearing Aug 27, 2016
    Console Lounge Screen tearing - PS4 / Xbox or both? Aug 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bad stuttering and screen tearing after switching to Nvidia May 8, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Screen tearing after a fresh install v.1.1 - amd graphics Mar 17, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Screen tearing/sutter since rc 1.0 Oct 16, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Terrible screen tearing since last update Sep 16, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Screen tearing led tv. Jun 22, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues New GPU, screen tearing w/ vsync on or off May 13, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Screentearing (Add a 1920x1080 75hz option?) Mar 5, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024

3. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Not got the game yet (Prestige edition on its way) but the tearing and performance is my biggest fear. Don't care if the career mode isn't fleshed out, or that there are no private lobbies (for now) or even custom button mapping (although come on, that should definitely be in), I'm just concerned the tearing will irritate me. SMS proved optimisation is possible so I hope performance is addressed ASAP.

warth0g likes this.
  4. monkuan

monkuan Rookie

Yup, there is a lot of tearing and performance issues. I'm waiting for the patch which will adress those. Again I'm feeling like a beta-tester when it comes to racing on console. Maybe it's time to buy PC just for racing sims.

5. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

You do understand that the statement you made makes no sense whatsoever ? Console versions are far more polished then it was for a long time on the PC... PC players really where the beta testers for it...

6. monkiusz

monkiusz Gamer

Right now I'v got Dirt Rally on PS4 (still after so many months after release - where on PC everything is ok) with broken FFB settings and now that - Assetto Corsa with graphical issues which ruin my experience. So I feel like a beta tester console player too.
    And I don't even talk about many missing options from PC version like possibility of turning off on-screen wheel and so important stuff like an option of change ffb settings during race.

I'm waiting for patch.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

I've found the screen tearing is better but still present in either of the 2 cockpit views as it seems to have less track detail to render with everything but the view through the windscreen effectively masked off.

However, a lot of the trackside details already seem to be woefuly low res and clunky anyway so I'm concerned that there's not much wriggle room left for optimisation. I've never wanted to be proved wrong more that being said

Alex delooze likes this.
  8. Alex delooze

Alex delooze Rookie

Greg7272 likes this.
  9. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

Agreed but my mate has it on pc with a gtx 980ti graphics card and the visuals are unreal. The devil is in the detail. You say "far more polished then it was for a long time" but thats the key word isnt it? Was. Its now better on pc. A lot better. A lot better than ps4 anyway. The trackside details are 'gran turismo 3' like on the ps4.
    As to what OP was saying, "hobbled by lacklustre presentation, technical issues, and lack of basic features", I couldnt agree more........