1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Screwed up with my video card upgrade

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rally_Wagon, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Rally_Wagon

Rally_Wagon Rookie

Soooo I screwed up. Tried to upgrade my power supply and video card but my motherboard wont support PCI-E 3.0 cards

Current motherboard is: ipisb-ch2 and processor is a Intel i5-2400

Heres what I bought:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-radeon-r9-270x-1120mhz-f2-91110-1423.htm
    http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-600b-bronze-600w-80-06-89067-1423.htm

The power supply works well but the card doesnt fit well inside my case so I'm going to dip into my savings and build a whole new system now that I already have these 2 items.

Can somebody point me in the right direction on what I should buy on a tight budget?

Should mention that I did a BIOS update, and unistalled all my old video card drivers before installing the new ones.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager has screwed me Nov 4, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Screwed in the pits ...again! Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay FFB screwed up only with steamvr Apr 5, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues 1.4 screwed it all up again for g25 owners Dec 21, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Rc1 triple screen resolution screwed up after minimizing acs.exe Oct 16, 2014
    Tracks modding Help please! uvw maps screwed up after rescaling and exporting to fbx Sep 1, 2014
    Tracks modding Solved: blender particle system -> screwed up trees in ac editor Aug 8, 2014
    ACC Screenshots & Videos GoPro POV videos Apr 12, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture Jul 4, 2022
    General modding discussion Car mod Nico Rosberg uses in this video May 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 Video options Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Comparision Video 1.7.2 to the new NG version (massive Sound downgrade) Feb 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Video of unfortunate behavior on competitive server Feb 10, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione Videos and Live Streams Policies Jan 29, 2022

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Well.. you could buy some cheap motherboard for 50€ that supports intel cpu lga 1155. Even if they are cheap, they are somewhat modern, so they will give support for pci x16 3.0 graphic cards. How do I know? I have a cheap 50€ motherboard with support for modern video cards.. but I think the stock on this hardware is low, since the cpu socket lga 1155 is outdated. Just search online or find a local pc hardware store.

4. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't necessarily buy a new 1155 motherboard as QUF suggests unless you really don't have much money. 1155 is an outdated platform and was replaced by 1150 (really confusing that they went backwards with the numbers, but 1150 is the more recent socket) and it is also going to be replaced by 1151 very soon. If you are on a very tight budget the G258 processor is amazing for the price, and you can pair it with a cheap 1150 motherboard for less than $150. Your i5-2400 is a quad core while the g3258 is only a dual core, but the g3258 has far better single core processing power, and for games that is often the most important part for a processor. You would also at least have the option to overclock your g3258 as well, while it's not possible for a base 2400.

One plus if you did just buy a temporary 1155 board is that it would allow you extra money to upgrade to 1151 and Skylake in a few months if you can wait.

5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

if memory serves me right, PCI-E V3.0 only works on forth generation CPU`s.

Example 4820k.

Have you tried selecting Gen2 In your Bios Options?

6. It should automagically 'downgrade' to PCI-E 2.0 if either mobo or gfx card don't support it.
    It's same as running GFX card, which is x16 speed at x2 with PCI-E risers, or often when using crossfire/SLI mode on some mobo's that either both or one is running at x8 speed.

robertedell likes this.
  7. robertedell

robertedell Gamer

My older motherboard only supports PCI-E 2.o and I have a 3.0 card and it works just fine at 2.0 and you really do not take much of a performance hit in doing running it at 2.0

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. Rally_Wagon

Rally_Wagon Rookie

Well I cannot get my computer to boot with the card installed. I don't know what I am doing wrong

9. Rally_Wagon

Rally_Wagon Rookie

Where do I find the BIOS options?

10. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Something like this (taken from google images)

[​IMG]

11. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

sorry RW, not familiar with HP let alone the Pegatron range.

Never touched HP even with a 10ft barge poll.

Reason, in the good old days, dell/hp used different wirings in the psu, thus not being able to use clone parts.

Best advice would be to contact HP customer services and tell them about your problems.
    hopefully then can sort your problem out.

Worst case scenario, the Motherboard might not be compatible no matter what you do.

It seems a lot of users are having the same problem as you describe.

I wish you the best of luck

12. Rally_Wagon

Rally_Wagon Rookie

Found the problem, my mobo is PCI-E 1.0 so 3.0 will never work

13. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Gamer

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    jasjeet likes this.
  14. My Sapphire 280x also had button on itself for UEFI - maybe your card has the same? click/un-click it?

15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I had the same PC case for nearly 10 years, it was an amazing Antec one that I purchased in 2005. It was so light (all aluminum) you could almost pick it up with one finger.

I had to retire it last year due to buying a new video card (780 GTX) and it would not fit in the case.

Aluminum cases are becoming rarer now it seems, I guess cost comes into it. My old one only cost something like £60, you need to spend £120+ now to get a decent aluminum one.

16. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

There is so much rubbish here.

PCIE is backwards compatible!!
    Meaning a PCIE 2.0 slot allows PCIE 3.0 devices to function same as a USB 3 slot allows USB 2 devices to work.

Did you plug in all the power leads to your GPU? If it has 2 power sockets both must be connected to the PSU.

i5 G3258 from i5 2400 that is the most daft thing I've heard in a while.