1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Server option for no custom car set-ups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by hooligan|uk, Mar 16, 2015.

1. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Ok Im more than likely gonna get shot down here with comments like 'go play forza,GT etc etc.And I understand a lot of simmers enjoy squeezing every bit of performance out of a car,and enjoy the set-up part just as much as the racing.

I was racing with a guy at magione last night,and we were doing nigh on the same times lap after lap(one lap we done identical times) then he disappeared into the pits for ages,he told me he was reading the stats and performance of his car,set it up then come out and was going 1-2 seconds faster per lap and that kinda killed the 'race' for me.

So wouldn't it be nice to have a server option that gives the option for no custom set-ups allowed??? it would make the racing closer for us dummies that just wanna race and not spend half our time in the pits looking at some performance graph and wondering 'so wtf does that mean'?Dont get me wrong I understand car set-ups are a skill in itself,and respect people that can do it,but sometimes I just want a fair fight on the track not in the pits.

1karl1, TAM Spencer, Slavc and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Any plans to improve MP lobby and give public servers more options Jan 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Please make /manual start a server settings option Oct 14, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server Options - Driver View Restrictions & other Aug 4, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Options for private servers Jul 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Enhancement Request - Training Server option Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Car stability control assist option in server config Jun 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer private server save option / favourite server May 31, 2019
    ACC User Interface MP Server List Sort Options Dec 14, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Manager Advenced Options Aug 23, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Manager - new threads option Aug 14, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can someone explain the IsOpen (acServerManager Can Join) server option please? Jun 28, 2016
    Suggestions New options for cfg.ini server configuration file Dec 22, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues No server command line options? Dec 17, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ac server configuration with cockpit view option Nov 2, 2014

3. Abominus

Abominus Racer

I support this post and wish you luck.

4. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Yes, I agree it should be an option selectable to have or not have a restriction for the server: use only default setup for cars.

It's not like it's forced on all servers, only those servers that want to run it like that will run it, but the option should be there nonetheless.

There is even a deeper level of restriction that I would want and it's mean to replicate a track day at Nords with road cars only. The problem is that some of the road cars come by default with semi-slicks which is not real, so you should be able to restrict from server only street tires + default setup.

5. There are many of us that would love to either be able to lock a server to default setup (might happen) or lock everybody to the same custom setup. (probably won't happen)

I know that the devs know that we want it as an option, and I have heard that down the road there will be plenty more options available when setting up a server so I would think we will get our wish one of these days.

At the very lease it would be great to at least lock everybody to one tire compound.

hooligan|uk and PAKFA like this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wasn't really interested until I read this. A forced setup (or maybe even parts of the setup) could be a clever way to enable server-defined tyre choice and ballast, and this doesn't sound too complex to implement. So ballast could be a simple setup thing, maybe next to fuel.
    We'd need to attach/link setup files to the entry list (individually, so you can do a BoP inside leagues), where distinct entries can be defined. The server sends this to the client upon connect, the client just disables the defined setup possibilities.

(Not yet mentioned) Possibilities:

- Better car matching by ballast
    - BoP to match faster drivers or "penalise" the last race' position like some GT leagues do
    - Fix default-wings and gearbox for public-pickup fun in order to get closer races w/o everybody has to figure out his wings
    - Lock street/vintage cars to the most fun tyres (usually the lowest ones)

Bonus poins: Added tyre/ballast info to the python API, so we can do admin tools that display those values, so potentital cheaters are visible.

hooligan|uk and ears1991 like this.
  7. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Here is the 1 million dollar question: do you guys think we can get some of these server options/settings/restrictions this year?

hooligan|uk likes this.
  8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Honestly - yes, because this is one of the few things that actually look promising in things solved vs. added complexity and effort.
    But I don't know if it's recognized, or just vanishes behind 10+pages repetative discussions like the most good contributions.

hooligan|uk likes this.
  9. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Hm, tricky subject.
    Sounds good in paper but ... not everybody drives the same and in some cars default setup can actually make you slower. (make some slower while others are just as fast)
    For example in GT cars, most would have GREAT trouble keeping the tyres warm, thus preventing graining, which quite frankly, would make AC feel awfully close to iR.

All in all, I would say +1 to this suggestion and we go from there. (see the used/abused ratio and adjust)

10. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Yea but everyone will have the same set up so it will be more down to driver skill rather than their skill with a spanner.Tyres will be cold for everyone so will have to manage graining like every other driver.

Surely thats better than some guy being 2-3 seconds per lap quicker just cause he understands how to set a car up,you can save your set-ups for hot-lapping or go to servers that allow them.Nothing tricky about it,theres over 700 servers out there(thats more servers than online racers sometimes) so its not like there isnt the space and scope to choose.

And lets not forget we have a LOT of players that are coming over from games like NFS,Shift,forza,GT etc etc,who dont understand the set-ups (me included)and we need these people too stick around to grow our game and community,so lets make it easier for people to get a good fair race.

11. rolli7

rolli7 Gamer

More options = more fun... I just hope we will see in future some infos about a server before joining it!
    e.g. Server xy, no autoclutch, abs allowed, track grip x%, ..., ..., ...

PAKFA, hooligan|uk and Horus like this.
  12. Horus

Horus Alien

Couldn't you do this by just taking some of the default cars and making your own with the sdk and locking the settings down to a few options or having no manipulation at all?

edit: I agree it should be an option as it can make for some interesting racing. The previous post also states something I would like to see implemented.

13. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

I'm cool with it being an option, but isn't tuning a car for a specific track an important part of racing? I hear what you're saying about creating a level playing field but it never will be as long as H shifter is faster than paddle is faster than controller, but I do like the idea though.

14. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

As a guy who enjoys building setups, despite this I can safely say that fixed setup racing > open setup racing. Level playing field.

Michael Hornbuckle and PAKFA like this.
  15. Gary Munson

Gary Munson Racer

"...I was racing with a guy at magione last night,and we were doing nigh on the same times lap after lap(one lap we done identical times) then he disappeared into the pits for ages,he told me he was reading the stats and performance of his car,set it up then come out and was going 1-2 seconds faster per lap and that kinda killed the 'race' for me".

That was me, I was having a tea break, :). Already had the setup , came prepared. Like the suggestion though.

16. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

I'd be into this too . Makes any race more of a fair fight . Sometimes if your racing online without set up knowledge your taking a rolled up newspaper to gun fight .