1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Server Set up requirments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Vargs, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

Im sorry if this qustion has been answered but i couldnt find my answer and just recently my modem has been upgraded to a download speed of 9970 kbps and upload of 1485 kbps will this be ample to run a server or do i need more upload speed. ?

thanks Vargs.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nitrado Server Settings Slot Reservation Oct 31, 2022
    Bug reports Unable to join private servers with steering wheel settings selected (g923) on XSX. Jul 22, 2022
    General modding discussion How can I set up an SRP server with traffic? Apr 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Setup Rolling Starts for MP Server in CM? Mar 5, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Server Manager - Time of Day not 24 Hours? Jan 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cars Ghosting through each other for an entire lap? [Server setting] Dec 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crash waiting to enter CP server [VR headset disconnection] Dec 15, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multiplayer Server Settings Oct 18, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione Server Jun 19, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Setting up server - json confusion? Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Setup server with multiple tracks Feb 22, 2021

3. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Is that in kilobytes KB or kilobits Kb
    try going to speedtest.net and run a test there should give you the results of your test in megabits Mbps

4. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

sorry mbps im not too good obviously

5. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

6. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Your internet speed is a bit on the slow side the best way to test would be to just run a server with say 5 slots to start with if that runs without people lagging everywhere then increase the amount of players gradually.

If you could post a speedtest result it would make it easier to see your true speed of your modem.

7. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Try clicking the speedtest image in my sig (the blueish image) that will take you to speedtest.net your results image seems to be using a different link speedtest.ookla.com

8. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

9. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Test results vary anyway depending on the server chosen but you have roughly a 1 megabit upload, your download is fairly decent @ just over 100 megabit which is plenty
    as for amount of players I havent really tested how much bandwith gets used last time I hosted im sure my network upload for a 18 player server was only at around 500-600Kbps which is quite low for 18 players but this was when MP 1st came out.

your upload of 1Mbps (megabit) = 1024Kbps

10. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

Thanks very much for your patience

11. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

Would you please be able to send a link on server set up and other config changes that are needed to host that are current thanks in advance

12. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

As for setting up a server try this thread Chargincar did a video tutorial about setting up a server
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/server-setup-video-guide.9947/

or just check the sticky threads in the MP section should be able to find what you need.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/multiplayer-bugs-issues.30/

If you happen to have a 2nd screen it could be handy to open task manager and and have it on the network I use win 8.1 so might look different if your on something like win7 or earlier
    Task manager > Performance tab > Highlight network or ethernet. If you dont have this open Resource Monitor and choose network.

Just keep an eye on the send data in Kbps try to keep this below 1024Kbps as you have roughly 1 Mb upload you dont want to max out your upload or it will cause problems / Lag.
    bandwith.JPG

alex72 likes this.
  13. Vargs

Vargs Gamer

I do have more than 1 monitor though I use all of them for driving and would alt tab out inbeteeen or que up a server for the day so friends and I could jump in or out during quali or race without booking hopefully this would be adequate ? And thanks again