1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setting up the toe, how and why !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Guillaume Francois, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Nao

Nao Alien

@ChrisR Bumpsteer is in most cases bigger effect that what we can get from torque steer of toe, so just braking / accelerating is a poor way to test it. But yeah the effect is in AC. (Doing a simple test with E30, between coasting at constant speed and braking at full throttle to get the same constant speed there is around 0.05 deg of toe loss on the front wheels.)

Also about the bumpsteer (from your previous post) i can't say much about popular real life suspensions but in ac most cars experience bumpsteer in the opposite way, when you brake you get for example: massive negative rear toe on Evora GTC, and similarly every other racecar / formulacar i remember checking, gets positive rear toe on acceleration.

Oh and some food for thought for others too, when you drive on very smooth road, (like many of the track conversions, like BlackwoodGP etc) negative toe on the front doesn't actually work as advertised and only slows the turn in down :p

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Snoopy likes this.
  2. Arch

Arch Alien

Bumpsteer does not always increase toe out on bump. It can go either way on either rebound or bump depending on the geometry. Most streetcars for example gain toe in on bump.

To my knowledge, AC does not actually simulate the wheels moving from forces. I have found that the only effect you get is from bumpsteer. I figured this out when trying to make my FC3S Weissach Axle work properly, and it did not because flexible suspension is not simulated.
    If someone has better knowledge, do share. The cars perform as they should, though, like the E30 gaining toe out on the rear on acceleration, but I'm wagering it's just because of weight transfer. I'd really like it if forces affected the wheels though!

Snoopy and Nao like this.
  3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

im pretty sure it depends where the steering rack attaches to the hubs, if its before the centre line it will gain toe out if its in front the opposite

Snoopy likes this.
  4. It works for me most of the time. . Which articles are you talking about?

5. pojkofd00m

pojkofd00m Gamer

You said toe in in front and toe out for the rear but eveything I've read racing related was more in favor of having toe out in front for a better turn-in and toe in at the rear to avoid excessive oversteer.

SvenUilhoorn, Nao and Jebus like this.
  6. Jebus

Jebus Alien

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

This is my go to move in setups too, I admit I've no idea what I'm doing. Most the time I'm trying to just get heat in the front tyres so let some wind out of the front tyres and set some extra negative toe. Nothing ever really works, although I do tend to desperately make changes while I'm learning the track/car combo in the practice season of a racedepartment event.

I can't really tell the difference between setups, it takes most of my concentration to drive fast I've no metal capacity left over to notice if the setups working better or worse through a particular corner.

8. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I did some driving in raceroom experience and fideling with some setups. In AC the realy effect I could see and feel is the aero downforce Changes.
    Toe and camber is almost like a placebo effect in the game and going from one extreme to Another would only marginally do something in the car behavior.
    In raceroom when I changed the toe from plus or minus to neutral the car instantly gained more topspeed just like it would in irl.
    In AC I have never seen that. Whats your thoughts about that? Note that I have not done any setup testing in AC after 1,5.

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Toe is doing miracles in most road cars. It's the first thing to play with.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk