1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Shift light with vintage cars (Porsche Pack)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by menos | M6, Oct 30, 2016.

1. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

i am tremendously enjoying the Porsche Pack (the 911 RSR 3.0 is what I have been waiting for).

One issue I have is that I race these older cars with a Fanatec GT rim with integrated LCD and shift lights.

In my rig setup unfortunately the tachometer is just hidden enough so I depend on a shiftlight for shifting just at the right moment.

As standard the entire Chistmas tree is lighting up - terrible and not at all contemporary.

I want just the three red center LEDs to light up at once - resembling the shiftlights these 70's era Porsche race cars often had in the cockpit.

Is there a way to do it?

I have already played with Fanaleds but could not get the shiftlights working properly.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 488 shift lights do not match up with wheel Mar 11, 2019
    ACC User Interface Shift light timing, all 3 are different Oct 12, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mercedes EVO II - no shift light? Jul 7, 2017
    General modding discussion Dual function shift lights led Jun 11, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Evora S shift lights Feb 22, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Porsche 919 "shift" lights in-cockpit Jan 4, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues missing additional shiftinglights Porsche 919 hybrid 2016 Dec 21, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues F458 GT2 shift lights - definitely not right..... Jun 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Missing sauber c9 rev shift light Apr 9, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Mclaren mp4-12c shifting animation slightly delayed. Mar 26, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Weird animation of shifting and no lights in replay. Mar 13, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 shiftlight and uhd Feb 12, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Bmw gt2 shifter light color order Nov 21, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues F458 gt2 shift lights trouble Nov 7, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Looking to sell sst lightning shifter need advice Nov 7, 2014

3. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

FanaLEDs is your best option tbh. AC doesn't support the LEDs on any wheels natively AFAIK.

4. or a bit of tape covering the outer leds... ;-)

5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Just for information, shift lights were not in use in the 70s.

menos | M6 likes this.
  6. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

G27 shift leds work with AC.

7. menos | M6

Thanks for the input guys.
    To clarify: with Fanaleds the shift light LEDs and LCD display do work as designed.

It is just that I would like to remove the christmas tree high tech behavior and have a single, red shift light as these Porsche 911 RSR did have back in the days when they were racing.

I got half way there with Fanaleds:

- in Fanaleds in the selector which shift light style you want to use, select "disabled" (this will stop the shift lights from sequentially lighting up with the rev counter)
    - select each of the three single red shift light LEDs and sign a engine rev percentage to them

Now the three red LEDs will indeed light up when the specified engine rev is reached.

The problem is:

THEY STAY LIT and don't shut off once the engine rev falls under the specified value !@#$% !
    Did I over look a setting here? It doesn't make any sense to behave that way.

8. menos | M6

Thanks for the info David.
    It's strange, I do remember (maybe wrong) that I raced 911 RSR 2.8 and 3.0 in … maybe GTL or the later Power&Glory mod (I just can't remember) and I do remember that in some cars one of the warning lights in the dashboard was utilized as a shift light.

I could not find any onboard videos showing such a modification in original vintage Porsche 911 RSR racers.
    Indeed you are most likely right and such modifications surely were added in later years when such vintage cars were raced in modern events (same as retrofitted safety features as modern belt systems, fire extinguisher systems, timers, …).

Nevertheless I would love to get the Fanatec LEDs working in a similar fashion (all three red center LEDs lighting up at once without flashing).

Oh - the earliest reference for Porsche racecars that had shift lights were Porsche 935 racers which did have some really fancy high end cockpits for the time (in the late 70's already) - certainly not in the early 70's with Porsche 917 versions and naturally aspirated 911 racers.

Dookie and Mogster like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The AC Ferrari 312T has what looks like a light on the right of the tachometer. In rl if it wasn't a shift light what was it?

10. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

My best guess would be a warning light. Maybe for oil pressure.

Mogster likes this.
  11. menos | M6

We need a Jay Leno's Garage video on that car to get the dashboard explained:

"Let's see what we got here … speedomet'r, tachomet'r, we got our oil pressure gäydge, … "
    "I think it's time to take 'er for a riiide."
    "Let's see how she cruises and take 'er on the highway"
    [driving by with flying hair] "Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy !!!"
    "You know I hate it when people on the internet say Ferrari 312T F1 cars are unreliable or shoddy made … you just have to do them right … I had one for 60 years and another for 25 years and we did the restoration 4 times and only now she is perfect … "

Obizzz likes this.
  12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

fuel light I think. The gauges look to be water temp, tach, oil pressure, and either another pressure or voltage.

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

GTL modelled vintage cars brought a bit to modern standard because it modeled a modern "Historics" cup. I remember the Porsche there had an LCD laptimer in the cockpit, for example.

Mogster likes this.