1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Slow in modern GT cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by jsTrecu, Jul 16, 2016.

1. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

So I'm always 2-3 seconds off the pace in GT cars and can't get into them as they feel strange and dull to me, specially with ABS and TC. It's like a chore when I have to drive them.
    Yet driving other type of cars which are more difficult to handle I'm usually more competitive and enjoy them so much I sometimes catch myself smiling big.

Hoped the new GTs in the Red Pack would help me like them more but no luck so far...

And it pains me as Endurance/GT racing is my favourite thing to watch in real life, and was a huge GTR2 nerd with 100s of hours spent in that sim.

So I'd appreciate any tips you can give me, be it setup or driving style. I'm just completely lost with GTs and don't know why...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Slow down GT2s Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Slowmo Replay bug Dec 14, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Tire rotation visuals at slow speeds be like Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Physics Game makes my car slower about 1s. Dec 10, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Slow and delayed steering. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Super slow in Formula Hybrid cars and setups don't do anything Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Driver overtake people while being slower and doing slower laptimes Dec 13, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT4 AI to slow after pitsop Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Single Make Race: AI getting slow after pitstop Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Slow downshifts with automatic gearbox Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay parts of replay in slow motion if replay is viewed while race is still going Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus - VR Very Slow Load into pit menu and Exit Screens [log bloat] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions McLaren 650 too slow Aug 8, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Monza lap times suddenly slowed. Apr 24, 2021

3. As you say you drive more difficult to handle cars, perhaps you could simply be over driving the GT cars. A video would help to see what you could possibly be doing wrong, but I find the GT's need smoothness but yet aggressiveness to get the best out of them, especially under braking, if that makes sense? Smooth driving style, but still pushing them. The default settings are set for understeer, so, try removing a rear wing by 1-2 clicks, or softening the front ARB or hardening the rear ARB by 1-2 clicks (or a combination of both). And just drive lots of laps at a circuit which is a mixture, like Silverstone GP. Dont be afraid to brake late and really stamp on the brake pedal too, especially if you have ABS and TC on +1 setting. All other driving aids can be turned off though. Start off steady, then gradually push more and more, braking later, taking more corner speed each lap etc...

Hope that helps.

Tundra, jsTrecu and Alistair McKinley like this.
  4. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Should I stop trailbraking and and trying to put some slip angle while driving with ABS and TC both at +1?

Driving aids might be why my driving style just doesn't work.

5. I trail brake in the GT's, but I do modulate the brakes, so its not 100% all the time all the way, but it does depend on the corner, some require different approaches, but I do also run quite front heavy brake bias. I dont adjust the slip angle on the cars - but thats not to say it wont make you quicker.

You might be better off just trying a variety of things and combinations of driving aids and setup changes, but, the main thing to do first is to just drive the cars. There are subtle differences between each one but a good one to try first is the BMW Z4 GT3, its pretty well balanced out the box (and it makes an awesome noise). Just drive lots of laps on the default set up, perhaps set some hot keys for the brake bias, ABS and TC so you can adjust it on the fly (perhaps reducing ABS and TC a step at a time every 1-2 laps). Get comfortable with pushing it harder and harder, then look at adjusting the set up after.

jsTrecu likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You should start with no trailbraking...straight braking and then turn in with a settled car. When you know how the cars behave then you can start dialing in a little trail braking. If it unsettles your car and it needs a little wiggle to calm down you're not winning anything with trail braking. IMO it's a bit overrated.
    Driving with ABS and TC is fine, especially ABS is a must. Mandatory question: you know 1 is the strongest, 12 (or whatever is the highest number) the weakest setting?

Mogster and jsTrecu like this.
  7. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Ok, I'll try.

I thought 1 was the weakest, never used TC/ABS before but I felt I needed it to compete in online GT races. So I'll go with 12 first then.

Thank you both :)