1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Statistics/Achievements for Online Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mantasisg 2, Sep 5, 2016.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

First of all, sorry I'm new to this subforum, and haven't spent time reading it all. As much as I searched, I've seen that there are few threads with some kind of similar ideas, but not exactly fitting to post my suggestion there.

I'm aware that this might be more stupid than clever, but I hope it is good idea, I hope people will tell me how it is. I also would like to hear some similar ideas.

I must be not the first one who thought that it would be nice to have something to achieve in random online sessions. This something straight out of the imagination, idea might have drawbacks and limitations.

Imagine:

All players has some amount of virtual money, points or whatever by default, lets say 100... Everytime you beat somebody online you take one point from everybody you have passed, and give one point away for everybody who has passed you.

For example if there were 24 people race and you have finished 12th, then you get 12 points from all racers bellow you, but give away 11 points (a point for everybody who finished in front of you). You have earned 1 point. You have finished 10th - +5 points, you have finished 20th you have -15points.

Players should be earning or loosing points just if they participate in race session from beginning till the end. I'm unsure what about those people who are noobs or too busy to finish a session and exits server in mid race for their reasons. Probably simply don't count them.

Or any sort of statistics... like average starting position, average race result, number of podiums.... but that is irrelevant because there are many 1-2 or even 0 people servers, that's why I have "designed" this points system, because then it makes sense on how much competition there were. And points would have value.

I think that it also would be helpful to have average contacts per ~100km driven statistic, something like in minorating.

+

I think it would be nice to have average contacts per certain distance, and total owned points next to players name in online racers table. So it would give an idea about quality of a racer. This also would force everybody to race well. At the moment only Minorating does this job, and it works really well. I think public contacts/and owned points would improve everything even more.

P.S. I'm aware that there might be a lot of what I'm unaware about this matter. It is all in my head now, and it is nice. Yet.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    mESCx likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions online servers Feb 12, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashed in the end of an online race Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stuck not loading singleplayer race or online Feb 1, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If your point system became reality some players would rather take other drivers with them to death than let them pass.

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Why ? I haven't thought about it. Still can't imagine the situation.

You mean that it would be like this:

Lets say I'm a bad person and I drive 3rd in server with 12people. I'm about to get +7points. And I'm being passed. I realize that if I'll drop to 4th then I get only +5points so I'm going full retard, and crash with a faster guy and ruin everything for me and him, finish last and mess up mine average contacts statistics, and minorating if server supports it. Doesn't seem logical.

If you talk about wreckers, I think it would reduce them. Another idea - statistic which shows how many contacts player had in last session. Would be easier to identify wreckers. Many times server kicking doesn't work, because people are not sure if person suggested get a kick really deserved it, other reason is that people are too busy driving to vote :D. Or maybe even ability to know who has contacted who. I sometimes completely loose who crashed me.

I just realized that people quitting before the end of race would be major problem. People would quit if they realize that they are getting a negative points. Something definitely is not perfect there.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was more talking about the bad person that didnt let anyone pass him even though they were much faster. If the faster drivers try to pass him on the right side he just drive straight into them, stuff like that. :)

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes... thats obviously a big problem now, and it definitely would be still a problem. I just hope that this problem would be reduced, and it wouldn't get worse.

Fortunately in Minorating AB servers it never happens, though. Unless somebody does mistake, or does Verstappen, but with less luck and skill.

But if we had contacts statistics right next to the names it would be easier to identify them, it would demotivate a bit to act stupid, because it would have very visible result. Speaking of visible result - players with high crashing rate could have their names written in red, less crashes orange, minor crashing yellow, "normal" crash rate white as usual... things like that. Drivers with a lot of points could have crowns by their names, or something....

Points would motivate to try harder.

I wonder how often I will use "I realized" in this thread. I realized, that people who quits server during the race should still participate in "points game". Because quitting in midrace is always a big problem. If server is popular enough with full grid, usually half of the field quits. Mostly they are noobs who can't handle a car; normal human beings who rage quits because they keep crashing with noobs, or wreckers; people who realize that they have to go (can't blame this one). Points would partially solve this, I'm sure less people would quit server, because they would seek to loose less points, or even go up.

Yeah people leaving races should still participate in points game.

It is rather fun to play game designer. Sorry Kunos :D I understand that it is way more complicated.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Is there anything like that in other racing games ?

P.S. I thought Minorating concept is something never done before, but they say that it is something like that in iRacing, I haven't used it. They should have a lot of MP problems solved, because it use subscription model right ?

8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

iRacing has 2 separate systems, irating + safety rating, Minorating originally was doing both of them, now it's only the "safety" rating.

The irating is based on finishing position relative to the irating of other drivers, if yours is 1300 and you beat someone with 1400 then you gain points and they lose points. If you're both 1300 to start with then you gain a smaller amount of points. It uses the score to split up races that have more participants than grid spots, so eg. top 20 drivers get one race, bottom 20 another.

Safety rating is same as minorating. If you run into people it goes down, if you finish races without crashing it goes up. They probably use slightly different criteria as the iracing version is extremely simple (fixed number of points for a contact for everyone involved, your rating is based on the average number of contacts per distance driven) Races require you to have a certain letter rank, like minorating servers.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thanks for the info, never tried iRacing :)

Seems to be nice rating system. Somehow a bit similar to my idea, very similar though :D But I'm happy that mine is slightly different.

Is it all public in iRacing, can you see what is other players irating and safety rating ?