1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

steamcharts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

http://steamcharts.com/app/244210#1y

Extremely impressive gain, almost double where it was a year ago. Says a lot about a game's quality that increases it's player base years after launch compared to most that lose players after launch, Battlefield, Cod etc. I have my gripes with it (poor AI, multiplayer browser could work better), but with the added revenue there's hope outstanding issues like these will be dealt with.

Guidofoc, TDS, Cote Dazur and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room STEAMCHARTS An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers. Jun 24, 2016

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

wow, its just raising in average players.

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

wow thats actually really surprising.

5. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I believe I read somewhere AI will be a focus in one of the next updates quite some time ago and Stefano having huge headaches because of it. So let's hope they were totally worth it. I honestly think the AI is quite a lot better than what Forza Apex and Gran Turismo had to offer in my opinion. It's just this "No overtake on straights" - behaviour which is so bad.

Mogster likes this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

7. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

That is great for Kunos. Interesting, I wonder if pCars has more console users than PC. For rookies they did pretty well. DX 11 is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

SMS are not rookies. Shift, Shift2, played those?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slightly_Mad_Studios

Mogster and colombianomd like this.
  9. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I played AC a lot in Early Access, but by the time it released I was playing it for a week or two each time new content or patches came out but somehow always ended up doing something else when the novelty wore off.

One of the patches about 6 months ago was such a big step, plus with the Porsche packs and the wonderful updates that have come with them I'm back to playing AC every spare minute I get. I've just filled the 917k to the brim and lapped the Nordschleife Endurance until it ran out of fuel, why would I want to play anything else after an experience like that? :D

Literally every car I've driven since 1.12 has felt fantastic, and with several new features too I'm not surprised it's doing so well :)

Old Geezer likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

colombianomd likes this.
  11. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

No, I'm unfamiliar with Shift titles. So I stand corrected. I only got in on 2013, and just tried Grid before finding AC. Maybe there's a wiki page... Hard to keep up with all the developers even in this small genre.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Many of the guys at SMS were also a part of making gtr2. I think that was one of the biggest reason that many had very high expectations on pcars.

Mogster and colombianomd like this.
  13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I think gtr 1 & 2 where mostly made up of the sms team.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Nothing beats the day when laserscanned Nordschleife impacted on the grounds of the race sim world. :)

victor86 and Mogster like this.
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

According to his SMS bio page Ian Bell worked on GTR, GTR2 and GTL as well as the Shift series.

16. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Looks like the colaboration with Porsche gave Kunos a very good result.

17. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I give them much respect due to the Pagani's active aerodynamics modeling. The same with the hyper cars since they are so complex.

aphidgod likes this.