1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Steering wheel -VS- Controller

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by IzNoGood_NO, Oct 18, 2016.

1. IzNoGood_NO

IzNoGood_NO Rookie

Is there a possibility that Assetto Corsa make a server special for the players with wheels and special for players with controllers ?
    Because it is a massive difference between controller and the others with wheels when you on the same track
    and drive on the limit !
    Absolutely unrealistic battle :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering Wheel skipping first 10% Mar 30, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to hide steering wheel on XSX? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Invisible steering wheel/driver and greyed out button Jul 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Bentley GT3 Animated steering wheel not moving Jun 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 steering wheel animation Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheels & Linux OS Feb 14, 2023
    Bug reports Unable to join private servers with steering wheel settings selected (g923) on XSX. Jul 22, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Steering wheel rotation problem G923 Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals steering wheel lock value in-game doesn´t change Jun 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Compeotizione - G923 - turning steering wheel freezes graphics but sound still plays Mar 27, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions assetto corsa steering wheel problem Mar 7, 2022
    ACC User Interface In car selection screen, rotation, zoom in/out by steering wheel needed Feb 8, 2022

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Not going to happen, even when you hopefully get private servers you will not be able to set this up. Sorry for the bad news.

edit: The Steam link under us PC users has vanished in the console threads. :D Good call Kunos. Ooops! Maybe should have stayed quite. :) :) :) :D Looks like it was a Maxthon failure. :(

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  4. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I personally don't see a need for this honestly. I race with guys on wheels multiple times a week and have no problem holding my own, giving room, and making clean overtakes on the controller.

5. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Iznogood, I'm sorry to contradict you but ( I know its only one bloke) one of the quickest players I have come up against ( in the hotlap challenge) is on a controller against approximately 15 others and he is quicker than most of us... have you got good settings for your controller? The right set up can make a lot of difference.... Don't get me wrong if I was using a controller I am definitely not as quick -
    I didn't finish writing this as I was interrupted a couple of hours ago - HavanaBob is that man

Dying_Snail and HavanaB0B like this.
  6. myimac

myimac Alien

Can you share your controller settings? I'm on Xbox but your theory will help me

7. HavanaB0B

This is what I use.

8. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

hhh, always glad to see people using it ;)

HavanaB0B likes this.
  9. IzNoGood_NO

IzNoGood_NO Rookie

I think it would be fair to every player on the server in addition has a label whether he uses a controller or steering wheel ?

10. HavanaB0B

I mean you could have this I guess, but honestly when I'm racing the last thing I'm thinking about is what someone else is using to play the game. You can have people that can't control their cars on wheels just as you can have people that can actually drive with a controller. I don't think seeing what someone is using will change that.

Kubr0 likes this.
  11. hman

hman Gamer

Splitting controller users and wheel users would be dumb. On PC the top controller players are just as good if not better than wheel users, and the consoles use the same settings for the controllers as PC. For example I'm one of the best controller players on the PC, and almost everyone that I meet online initially does not believe that I use a controller. You can be just as fast on a controller as a wheel. If anyone is interested, my controller settings for steering are the default ones except I turn up the rumble intensity to the max setting.

THERAYaka, Grand Apeiron and Kubr0 like this.
  12. Roble

Roble Gamer

Get a wheel Hman! :p JK.

You are very quick with a controller mate, I just find it's the consistency in an actual race that is hard with it. You can relax an arm with the wheel but have to have a claw grip on the controller for the entire time which can be uncomfortable.

13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

It would be an exellent idea as when wheel and pad users are on the same track its a recipe for disaster (in most cases NOT ALL). A must IMO.

14. EMW SMILER

I don't know if the general standard of skill has improved, though I'm sure it has, but when I was on the controller I found that the wheel users were smoother than those on controllers and now I use a wheel I can see why. I was a die hard controller user til I tried the wheel on here... the wheel I'm using is not supported and therefore isn't very good (no FFB) but to be quite honest I would advise you gents on controllers to try the wheels that are available...
    To separate racers because of their chosen input method would be a mistake with the largely fragmented population of this game already...
    But on the issue of identification of control method I would want that on leaderboards but as a track tool (no not me) they would be appreciated by many I'm sure....:)

Grand Apeiron and IzNoGood_NO like this.
  15. IzNoGood_NO

IzNoGood_NO Rookie

16. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

I actually spent 400 hours in this game using a x360 and then a x1 controller and afterwards (last year), I got myself a G29 with a shifter (600 hrs with it already). I mean, ofc, a wheel is very nice, but the main reason I wasn't playing with a wheel from the beginning was that I didn't simply have the space for it. Money wasn't really a question here, but needed to use a controller since the space I had for gaming was very limited. After things changed and I made enough space to have my setup (also stored when I want to play BF4, do have a wheel stand pro v2) I got the wheel and yes, with wheel, you can be more consistent, its more natural, its more relaxing, but still, not everyone is able to use the wheel for one or the other reason .... :/

But what I wanted to get to was, my times didn't necessarily become faster, when comparing myself on RSR, I was still trailing roughly 10% after the WR (if it was a popular combo). The only thing which it significantly helped was my consistency over a race, it was much easier to slip the finger a bit and do an error with a controller then it is with a wheel. And ofc, as said, wheel is much more enjoyable, just sheer driving excitement ;)

Grand Apeiron likes this.
  17. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah, not because they can't do it...

The failure would be doing what you've striked out, console players don't need to be subjected to fake insiders sabotaging real issues being brought to light, only way to improve the game:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Anyone else notice that the bugs/errors section of the AC site accounts for almost 50% or more of the discussions on the forums, says it all right there to me.

18. hman

hman Gamer

You just gotta find a comfortable grip. As far as consistency, you just have to put in the hours.

19. Horus

Horus Alien

It should be 95% as this is a support forum, not a community forum. But hey, Kunos are good to us and let us get a bit distant from the forums main purpose. :)

20. Roble

Roble Gamer

I used one for 2 seasons, seasons 2 and 3. A wheel gives you alot more consistency and flexibilty. Kudos to your controller speed though.

21. EMW SMILER

When I first started playing PCars on a controller I found very similar issues to those I found with AC. To solve the problem of twitchiness I started using 'stick extenders' and found this also helped with AC. Its not a 'fix' but it worked for me and several others - they are not silly expensive - maybe worth a try... (cheaper than a wheel) Good luck on your controllers and Happy Racing:)