1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

System upgrade time??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by RYAN, Jan 1, 2014.

1. RYAN

RYAN Rookie

As you can see my system isnt that flash and may need replacing or upgrading to get the best from AS.

Do i get a new card, ram or get a nice shiny new pc
    I do have a £900 budget but would like to spend less if poss.

Any techies who offer advice would be appreciated.

cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I had system halted after the last upgrade Apr 18, 2016
    Suggestions Upgrades system Dec 30, 2014
    Liveries Assetto corsa: upgrade system (nissan skyline r34) Sep 8, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Need Help with Creating an Upgrades Menu System Apr 17, 2014
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    General modding discussion AC2 dedicated server API for competition systems Apr 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Rating System down? Feb 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error occurs at any time during the race [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash [multiple failure points - system instability] Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error [multiple failure points - system instability] Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Tools SimRacing Management System Jul 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Systematic crash of the game Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022

3. goldtop

goldtop Racer

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I need upgrade aswell:rolleyes:

Which GPU is the best in terms for price/performance for 3x24' screen setup?
    Team green GTX770 4gb ?
    Price at my local i-shop for Giga Byte GeForce GTX770, 4GB, GDDR5, WindForce 3X OC = 366 euro

5. Faran

Faran Gamer

I'd say go for RAM firstly and upgrade to at least 8 GB. GTX 650 Ti is still a pretty descent card but it's starting to get slightly old. It should still do you fine unless you want to play some really taxing games, in that case, get something from the 700-series.

The PC Goldtop linked above to seems to be very good value.

6. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Just bought a Asus gtx 770 and its awesome really powerfull silent,performance is really top notch even on triple screen!

7. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

If I run with SLi disabled it still runs really well. I would go with a 670/770 if on a budget and need something with some umph.

8. Fahim

Fahim Racer

go sli. maybe another 2 gig of ram. over clock cpu. go on water. spend ur lovely budget on water cooling :) you wont regret going on water.

9. XN-Sigma

XN-Sigma Gamer

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but anyone has any insight if the recommended specs in the AC site could actually run the game at MAX graphics in a single 1080p monitor at constant 60fps? I'm sure it probably would run AC as it is now, with a single car, but the one thing worrying me is the AI, I can imagine having 24 cars on track with reflection resolution/frames at max would be an absolute framerate killer. o_O

10. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

I'm pretty sure my rig will without struggling. Don't know for sure since we don't have any metrics on what the performance will do with AI. So there really isn't any way to tell - but from what I've already seen with load times and the loading on my machine during simulation it appears the engine is pretty optimized.

11. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

With AI most, if not all, the processing is done by the CPU. Any modern CPU should do the job nicely. Graphics is highly subjective, up to a point. The rule of thumb is that single cards will be fine for single screen gaming at 1080p, GTX 760 for example. as soon as you start to increase the amount of monitors you'll be using then it becomes a 2 fold affair. You'll need to make sure that you have a bigger frame buffer on the card 4GB GDDR5 is a good start and then more raw graphical horse power. I would say that for a 3 screen setup you'd want to consider maybe 2 x GTX 770 4MB cards in SLI. This should provide enough raw horsepower with a sufficient frame buffer. Obviously if you can afford a 3 way sli system then this could provide an additional amount of grunt however, not all games respond well to adding a 3rd or even 4th card to the mix.

Your current card I doubt will handle all the yumminess that AC will throw at it. I have 2 x 1GB GTX 460's at present (My GTX 760 popped) and have had to compromise the graphics quality for smooth game play, and this is largely down to the small frame buffer. I cannot comment on the current range from AMD as I am not a fan of their products by enlarge.

12. Take all the money you can, add a couple hundred to it and build the most badassed system you can...The more you spend now is the longer until you spend again. Any current CPU will be fine, pretty much any current MB and memory will be fine. Spend the big bucks on as powerful of a GPU as you can afford. Nvidea seems to be the way to go for a GPU if you are buying a top end card today.

13. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V3 beats easily Intel Core I5 4670K and its cheaper.
    Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3 beats Intel Core i7 4770, but its 1% slower then i7 4770K and again way cheaper.
    GPU: AMD R290 or go with nvidea
    RAM: take 16 gb and you are finish with it.

14. Nullbert

Nullbert Gamer

Very true. I build my PC almost 4 years ago and up until a few months ago I haven't even had to use crossfire to get good performance on the games I play. One thought about crossfire/SLI, don't plan on buying 2 cards and using them together (unless you have 3 screens); instead buy the best single GPU card you can afford. Problems can and do arise from using crossfire/SLI that don't happen with single GPUs. As far as AMD vs Nvidia, either one is fine although I am a bit of an AMD fan boy.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. Giacomo

Giacomo Gamer

Even Nvidia/Amd claim they can't provide good/smooth fps with SLI/Crossfire. AVOID LIKE PLAGUE :)

16. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

I use an SLi machine and while what you say is generally true it's not in all causes. I have dual monitors but only sim/game on one but it's a 2560x1440 screen. SLi shows a MAJOR difference in performance depending on the game of course. The scaling on SLi has greatly improved after the 500 series of cards with the 600 and 700 series in some cases seeing 90%+ scaling results in games. Admittedly in Assetto Corsa I don't see quite as big a difference I do see a large enough gap and change in smoothness between rendered frames it totally makes SLi worth the investment on my setup. If I was running 1080p or lower I don't feel I would need the extra power. My SLi setup is the smoothest game play I've ever experienced. All this non-sense of issues and frame jitters etc are simply not true across the board.

With that being said my 670 SLi setup new was $417 x 2 just for the cards in the computer build. At the time the best card you could buy was a 690 which was $999 so it made it worth it. The next card down in price that would have been sort of in the same ballpark was the 680 - but at $700 you may as well have higher performance and go SLi for $100 more - it really placed you in a pretty specific price point and configuration. It really depends more on the resolution you are playing at, than what play pretties you have turned on and your sensitivity to frame rendering spikes and valleys.

If I had to pick between companies, and I do every build I've done, I always simply go after who has the best technology at the time. I generally don't factor in price unless there is a major difference. Generally the top of the line cards from either company tend to be within $25-75 of each other. It also depends on what game engine I plan on playing a lot of because differences in how cards can be more optimized for a certain engine's rendering type. There's lot of variables there - if I was buying today though I would go with Nvidia because of the heat, power draw, and fan noise of the new 290 cards from AMD versus the 780TI and it's performance.

Lots of options! It's a good time to be a PC gamer! Just my $.02.

17. I only have crossfire because I got a hell of a deal on my cards from friends (two 6950's for $200...can't pass that up) but yeah, buy one really nice card...8 GB of ram is all and more than you will ever need but another 8 GB should cost well under $100 if you just want it because....My 2500k processor hasn't even broke a sweat on any game yet so any current processor that you find on sale will be more than enough for quite some time. Spend more than you think you should on a good power supply...buy one that is considerably more powerful than you need and get a good name brand..don't skimp on the $$ here. Get an aftermarket cooling fan or self contained water cooling unit. Get a nice (big) gaming case if space is not an option; the more fans and airflow the better....Most important, buy everything from Newegg if you can and build it yourself. It is a jigsaw puzzle with a dozen pieces or less...Very easy to do and there are many videos on youtube to help if you need it.

18. cooknn

cooknn Alien

There are great deals out there. Don't overspend. I nabbed my Quad Core-i5 @3Ghz including 23-inch monitor for $599 at Tiger Direct. Threw in an nVidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti and this cost effective box competes head on with a PS4 or XBox One. You can do the same and save big bucks in the process. You just have to look.

19. RYAN

RYAN Rookie

Thanks for all your replies, lots of great advice. One quick thought, if i bought say a gtx 7?? would my processor be a bottle neck??

20. Giacomo

Giacomo Gamer

Unfortunately I am one of those ppl sensitive to Stuttering, Even with high fps (>120) on dual 770gtx I see stuttering (playing with triple 23"). It's not about fps.

21. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Whilst you CPU is comparable to an i3 it is a little week but should be OK. The AM3+ skt has some great CPU's for quite cheap. You could upgrade this at a later date. If you are upgrading in stages I would go for the GFX card first, you will see the biggest performance jump from this.