1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T300 GTE no ffb consistency in the center

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michele Papis, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hi drivers,
    I own a T300 for a lot of months and is a huge improvement from G27 wheel. My only wondering was about
    consistency, expecially on center, because I got no more deadzone and it's more precise, but the ffb is not consistent also after LUT configuration.

My settings on profiler are:
    75%/100/100/0/0 and 900°
    My AC settings are:
    100/0/3 effects 30/30/30
    - All the cars goes from 85% to 110% with hotkey configuration ingame.
    Sometimes the steering is weak so I increase the value, but when reachin' the amount of downforce it clip easily, so I have to lower down the car value. It makes difficult to choice the right settings for the car and for the good driving.

The main problem occurs when the car gain downforce, so the wheel become very stiff but just over 60°/90° of wheel, and when I have to made correction expecially on bumps it's a problem; by leaving a bit the wheel to go inside the center it become loose, so I've got this bounce effect and it's a pain to have the right control of the car (not like when you leave the wheel alone on straight as on G27). I can't do the right micro-correction to keep the line because I don't have the right ffb strenght starting from center point.
    Also at lower speed with some car is funny how weak is the steering, expecially on race cars with big tires. Under 50km/h are lighter than a normal road car :/ I thought the opposite.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room New T300 GTE after warranty but it is worse Jul 24, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T300 GTE not full 1080° Apr 26, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T300servo/Ferrari F1 & GTE Wheel/T3PA Pro pedals Feb 16, 2017
    Bug reports T300 GTE Feb 15, 2017
    Bug reports No-Spin full throttle t300gte Jan 25, 2017
    General modding discussion T300 gte wheel button mappings Jan 19, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte wheel Mar 20, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte Jan 9, 2015
    General modding discussion Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte wheel oder g27? Nov 30, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T300 oscillation in the middle Jan 10, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    Bug reports Private lobby crash with T300 or T150 connected Mar 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Zero FFB | Thrustmaster T300RS GT [FIXED] Aug 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300 ffb Feb 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300RS GT. FOV. Questions Jan 19, 2022

3. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

Have you tried without LUT, i also use a T300 but no LUT and it feels good.

4. I tried in the first week of tests, let me try now ;)

Nmoleiro likes this.
  5. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

6. OMG, I set enable=0 to ffpostprocess.ini file. Is it right? Now for example at monza at first chicane is more present the wheel with same settings, more "mature", and it appears to clip less.. placebo?
    Before it was easy to put the car into the corner and difficult to keep it in line, now is hard to put the car into the corner but more easy and safe to keep it in line :) and yes, I got mroe consistency overall, also on low speed.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

you should set enable=1 and type=lut for it to work

if you want to try without lut, you can try to increase minforce.

8. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

I think you are right, but just to be sure search in trustmaster wheels tread, a post from michael hornbucle, i use his settings and they feel very good. Im sorry but im not on PC now...

I can check later ;-)

9. No I wasn't trying to disabling it. And it is far better without :) to disable it was right that value=0?

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yes, 0 for disable

Michele Papis likes this.
  11. EDIT: Glad you found something you like.

12. I'll try later, btw also now I'm already satisfied :) thanks to everybody

13. I did a fast test with your settings :) I can say I can feel a bit more of "metal" under the wheel, the chassis. Also decreasing the effects ingame from 30% to 0% allow me to feel the gear change on sequential car gearbox, the classic rumble effect on the steering (only on upshifts). But leaving apart the number what do these settings do? What's the result, the effects, with few words?

14. ????

15. Road kerb slip, mine was 30%

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What, I dont have any ffb when shifting gear and have been asking for it to be implemented. Is it already there but I just dont feel it?

17. Try the Giulietta on zandvoort, but I think is more the shifting moment when you change gear and you have a bit of no gas gap, try during a long corner with upshift, with r10 I can't feel it, but it's a different gear timing of change..

18. I think by the way it is a effect related to weight transfer effect, because during the turn if you change gear you have a inertia stop for a little moment according to gear change timing. There is not a real "gearbox ffb effect", also in real life, but the car is just stopping is acceleration for a portion of a second :)

19. Michael gt cars under 100kmh feels lighter than road cars on steering.. I cannot increase due to clipping on downforce applied. The driving is smooth btw..

20. Modern racing cars have extremely light steering IIRC.