1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tech Preview Elise vs Early Access

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Boris Lozac, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Just drove couple of more cars besides F40, like Fiat 500, 2-11, and Elise SC which was in TP. Loaded Magione as well. Am i triping or is it more 'dumbed down' now, physics wise? I don't feel any tension at all, like i can toss it around without any hussle, like the physics is more arcade? Or the F40 ruined all other cars for me?
    Driving with a wheel, Pro settings, Gain 75%, everything else off except Kerb at 100%.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Tech Preview VS Assetto Corsa 1.15.2 Oct 7, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Now ac physics is worse then ac techpreview Jul 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Tech Preview VS V0.2 Elise @ Magione Laptimes Nov 26, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Framerate is 40% slower compared to Tech Preview Nov 11, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa Launcher Error, starts TechPreview?? Nov 11, 2013
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes [Outdated - Techpreview] Tyre temperature and pressure Feb 23, 2013
    General modding discussion Tech Preview is moddable?? Feb 22, 2013
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No Steering Detected Logitech G Pro DD Feb 8, 2024
    Bug reports Logitech G920 d-pad not working Nov 23, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G Pro does not want to map in ACC Jun 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Logitech G923 not steering Apr 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Elise SC in TP had semislicks and LSD. Elise SC in Early Access has default street tyres and open diff.

Boris Lozac likes this.
  4. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Hmm, I definately felt it was more difficult to drive in TP. Now I've got 1:26 on Magione without any effort, with Street tires, while my best time in TP with many many laps was mid 1:27..

5. AC Support

1.27 was very high in TP (fairly good was around 1.23). Do you use a wheel?

Boris Lozac likes this.
  6. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Wow i've missread my time completely, sorry about that. My best lap in TP was 1:23.701, now i'm doing 1:26, i thought 1:27 was my TP time.. My bad.
    But still somehow 'feels' faster and easier.. not sure why.

7. AC Support

It's easier with street tires and open diff, it's normal, but of course it's slower (1.25 is a good reference, keep pushing).

8. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Never would've thought it can feel easier with street tires :) I'm the one who enjoys the 'worst' tires for a car and it's always the hardest and most sattisfying that way, but strangely the Elise feels much better with semi-slicks.

9. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

Actually I thought the TP was a lot easier to drive than the current version, it was a lot faster but felt more understeery. You could brake later and push harder though, I was running 1:23's (maybe 1:22's actually) in the TP which is a lot faster than I can pull off in the current car. I do feel that you could feel the car better through the wheel in the TP though and there was more information being sent to my wheel and a better indication of grip, but that might be down to the differences stated above, just as it explains the faster laptimes and the more understeering behaviour of the TP car.

Infact it pretty much explains everything, from a technical point of view.