1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 The new update is so awsome,it deserves a thread praising it!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, May 18, 2017.

1. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

im loving the fact how you can set the qualifing limit to a desired time and do a cool down lap at the end of the race great if youve just had a close battle for 1 st on the last lap or so

myimac, UCANT-SCOPE-ME and pippo10 like this.
  2. djm99

djm99 Gamer

Believe me, i have tried. My 13 yr old son who plays all console racing games on Xbox One with all assists off and manual gears is pretty much unbeatable at the hardest settings, cannot even come close to decent laptimes with the DS4..i'll keep plugging away !

3. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

im a wheel user but i must take my hat off to controler users who can handle assetto
    ive tried it and its not easy at all

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  4. cysxdnfy

cysxdnfy Rookie

I have to agree I bought a g29 just for assetto because the controller was very difficult to use mostly because you get maximum steering lock instantly.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I don't have a problem with the controller but I can certainly see why some people do. I know I would be faster with a wheel though.

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I dont understand something @Aristotelis said on 14:40: he says the 2015/2016 LMP1 had less power and more downforce than the 2014 cars so they are slower on the straights. This is what happened on the WEC from 2014 to 2016:
    • 2014: Toyota (6 MJ petrol) and Audi (2 MJ diesel) are neck and neck. Porsche (6 MJ petrol) is a little less competitive than the other two.
    • 2015: Porsche (8 MJ) and Audi (4 MJ) are neck and neck (before and on Lemans). Toyota (remains in 6 MJ) is much less competitive than the other two. Jani sets the fastest Le Mans lap ever (remember: most of the track are straights) 5 seconds faster than the 2014 fastest qualifying lap.
    • 2016: Porsche (8 MJ), Audi (6 MJ) and Toyota (8MJ) are neck and neck.
    What am I missing?

7. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Hmmpphh!

8. TOBES

TOBES Rookie

Hi there, I mostly use the wheel and after 1.14 the feel through it is amazing. But sometimes I just want to sit back and play with a controller, these are the settings I use and they work pretty well for me. If it helps that would be great.
    PS4...
    Speed Sensitivity 0%
    Steering Speed 14%
    Steering Deadzone 0%
    Steering Filter 79%
    Steering Gama 2.3

9. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Great to hear!

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  10. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I just enjoyed your post. You wrote all things that I think that important specially the idiotic free run on highlands, just retarded to have 16/17 out of 20 servers in a free/practice mode.

Again, amazing post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

So make your own server? It's not idiotic to have free run on Highlands, that's what the room creator wanted. You have the ability to make non idiotic rooms yourself.

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Practice 78788987min/Qualy 20min/2lap race.

And it's not idiotic to have few of them but they're like 90% of them online which really doesn't make any sense at all.

So be it but it's retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Yea the qualifying time is silly for 2 laps but it's irrelevant as it clearly isn't set up for races. I don't see how how many there are changes anything, that's how many want to cruise. Not every one wants to race seriously on a weekday after a hard day at work or school. Of course what we really need is routers to filter through race, practice, drift. We need those options in the room creation first though which may be possible in the cuter.

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Isn't that practice time some default setting? And you can set anything you like, or disable it right? I don't have a console (anymore) so I don't know how this new update works. But if practice/quali can be disabled and time can be set, what's the problem? Default time maybe... but complaining that people don't read the server settings screen, before creating server sounds more retarded than anything...

15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yup! The update is really good!

Love to see the championship feature and the customised online lobbies.
    Also i loved to see the different tarmac settings as on the PC version and play on "DUSTY","Green" & "slow" surface.
    The new vof and camera settings are a game changer.

The stuttering and framerate seems to been improved also,not still perfect, but game is a more enjoyable experience now.

Brake pressure option is also really welcomed!

Good update again! Still work to do on sound bugs,adding car descriptions and power graphs, false starts, min. Force ffb option and some optimization to make this game a little gem for us the console peasants sim fans :D

Buona lavoro kunos simulazioni team :)

16. Stephen220378

Stephen220378 Rookie

Just bought AC today, does anyone know if a button mapping feature will be in a future update for PS4? I've searched and seen a few talking about it on the forum but found no confirmation from the devs. Finding it a nightmare to play with not being able to map gear shifts to the right stick.

17. Custom button mapping is confirmed as coming SOON™

18. Stephen220378

Stephen220378 Rookie

Thanks, that's a relief to hear.

19. You would think, but SOON™ is a real *****....:p

20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Next major update. Don't expect it in the next 8 weeks and you won't be disappointed but maybe surprised.