1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. thank you but the thanks go to @6S.Manu .. thx gosh he has taken pretty much every non-physics non-ai task from me :)

2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@V8_KB
    And having a stable car will make you faster since you can push harder.
    Also it's about lower wear/stress on the drivetrain.

Thank you @6S.Manu for the leaderboard update. :)

3. Yes, even a heel and toe hater like me ended up utilising an alternative form (toe and toe) for downshifts in certain cars :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

True, but why do you need that to keep your rear in place? ;)

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Of course, but I think* we don't have that simulated in AC so I didn't mention that.
    *I don't have a clutch so I left a margin for error for myself.

To not spin around and keep going, not necessarily to be 0.1s faster. ;)
    To make it clear, I'm not implying that it doesn't make you faster. What I mean is IMO people want to learn it because it's annoying/it makes you slow/it looks silly when you drive the F40 and rear passes the front end when you downshift.

Come on it's pointless, we all know that it's there to save your azz (literally), to make you (a little :p) faster and (irl) to prevent the wear.
    Also to make cool sound.

6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

- Tweaked MP leaderboard adding grey font for disconnected players

thx a bunch for that one!
    It's embarrassing to admit, but it took me some time to figure out I was allone on the server^^

7. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

- Disabled autoblip for Maserati MC12 GT1 and Porsche 911 GT1 in downshift. Can be enabled as assist

Not sure if that is related, but here goes:
    I noticed on the MC12 GT1, that I can not get the car off the line without feeding the clutch gently.
    Whenever dropping the clutch and even at full throttle, the car would stall.
    I drove online when experiencing this, and judging from how the other cars on the grid also pulled away very sluggish, I think others faced the same problem.
    Is this something related to the early seq. box or may be attributed to the autoblip bug?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

OT but suppose this fits in

9. Oh, it's not related to the content of the video, but to the preview... In the right half there's an Audi R8S (R8 Sport LMP1) in yellow... Everytime I see it I can't help thinking to the late Michele Alboreto. A driver I have into my heart and always will.
    '97 Le Mans winner (with Porsche no. 7), he drove a yellow R8S (Joest Racing number 1, 2001 Sebring winner and number 77 again at Le Mans, for example), and who died at Lausitzring testing the very same car.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

pavano and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

"- Disabled autoblip for Maserati MC12 GT1 and Porsche 911 GT1 in downshift. Can be enabled as assist"

As I drove the MC12 out of the pits the other day I wondered if any cars in AC require a manual blip on downshifts in sequential gear stick cars, now it does :D

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the insight. I have seen this behaviour in older V8 touring cars.

This is why I was suggesting:-

USE_ON_GEARS=1,2...
    USE_ON_UP_CHANGES=0
    USE_ON_DOWN_CHANGES=1

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I wonder if someone going to start a thread and tell Kunos that they destroyed the road car physics with this hotfix?

13. Alman

Alman Racer

This constant support and continuous improvement process, after all these years, is something hard to see in the business! ;)
    I wish I could enjoy the game much more, but...well, it does not matter!!! :rolleyes:

(From an satisfied customer)

14. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

If I were you I'd forget the 550 GTS. It was actually made by Prodrive rather than the Ferrari themselves so both licensing it and getting correct data would be a nightmare I suppose. 575 was made by Ferrari but it was nowhere near as successful as 550 GTS.

15. @xel

@xel Racer

You got me curious! Will you tell me more about how you do?

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The difference between 'Heel and Toe' and 'Toe and Toe' is just a difference in foot work, but does effectively the same thing.

heel and toe:
    [​IMG]

toe and toe:
    [​IMG]

With toe and toe you don't actually use the heel for blipping.
    It's more about personal preference and/or pedal layout.

DaveS78 and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. @xel

@xel Racer

How could one possibly do this damn thing with the damn G27 pedals that are so close to each other, if they were upside down just like in common road legal cars I think it'd be easier...

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Stock G25/G27 pedals are bad for heel and toe, but there is simple mod to help.

There a kits you can buy that do this, but I didn't get a kit and made a DIY solution.

19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

You can adjust the distance a bit by changing the mounting screws of the pedal face. Invert mounting a G27 pedal set to make it feel like road cars is actually quite tricky due to the travel and angle of the pedals, and the distance between you and brake pedal vs throttle pedal. I measured my STI's pedals, invert mounted my G27 pedals, and tried to replicate the same thing on my rig, but still they feel quite different.

@xel likes this.
  20. izitom

izitom Gamer