1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

THE SERVERS ARE A JOKE.... LAGING IN 2016:(

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Laurie Shepherdson, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Just been trying to race and WOW the server lag is just embarrassing.... how can this be in this day and age....so annoyed right now I won't be playing Assetto until the update drops.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer All servers are down? May 7, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP servers are bugged Nov 6, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Are servers down? Nov 1, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP servers are bugged Oct 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer US Region CP Servers are broken again Feb 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer How good are the Rented servers ? Nov 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer You guys know the US competition servers are broken right? Nov 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Disgrace!! Servers are sh..!! Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [USA-WA] Servers listed are all empty Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Formation widget start and ghosting are terrible in public servers Jun 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer How are CP servers supposed to work? Jun 6, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Servers are still down May 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Why are servers I host not appearing in the lobby? May 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Why are the online servers down? Apr 10, 2020

3. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

How many players in the room if I may ask? I hardly ever see more than 4 guys on a server.

We were 3 last night and the 1 guy disappeared every few seconds for about 3 seconds when we were in close quarters, but no forwards, backwards or sideway movement. It just disappeared and then few seconds later he would be back.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. a good 13 of us maybe more.... i just hope im not wishing upon another update once the new update comes out lol

5. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Wow. I wonder if servers are set per region? I honestly don't see people on the servers.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I have only seen lag, cars jumping forward and backwards as described above about 3 times since launch.

7. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

I've not seen any online lag but most player I have seen is 9

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

This game runs surprisingly smooth in terms of connection although sometimes things happen. I've seen cars that teleport around the track, cars that bounce/strafe left and right on the spot and even the wheel graphics completely separate from the chassis but all due to weird situations and definitely not normal. I play with people from the US daily and compared to other games AC handles connections very well until it comes down to close proximity collision detection which is understandable when there's a 200ms latency difference minimum with my friends to me in Australia for example.

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  9. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

There will always be some sort of lag no matter what tittle the user is driving/playing, it will never be completely erased to the state where everyone has 0 ping. But the servers so far seem really good in terms of latency(from my experience so far on ps4), also it matters how far you are from the server, your connection speed/quality etc as i'm sure you are aware of. If everyone in the world was using the exact same ultra fast fibre optic connection then maybe just maybe that would erase lag entirely.

10. SSP Cuzzy

SSP Cuzzy Rookie

Is there really no one playing online?, I don't understand. I'll see no more than 3-4 tracks with only 1 or 2 players and usually its trackday or drift.

11. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Played on the ps4 from 12:00 CET till 16:00 CET yesterday. Lots of servers with 10-13 people playing and zero lag problems.

I suggest lag problems are specific to individual internet connections.

12. CSHinUK

CSHinUK Rookie

The servers are definately regional as I get up early at a weekend, 7am UK time and there is hardly anybody on to play against. I'm surprised you can't hear me shouting "Get out of bed you lazy ........ers!" lol

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  13. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

I thought i heard someone shouting the weekend just gone, but i thought it was just the voices in my head agian. Now i know its my wake up call for assetto corsa ;) . Lol

14. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

There are a lot of Groups/Clans/gangs (whatever you want to call them) on the PC version of Assetto Corsa that started private (locked) rooms. They all end up becoming an open room.. Its difficult to keep a room full of people. You would need a Group/Clan/Gang size of 100+ members to have 15 people showing up every night.

Having the developers buy Minto Rating from the app developers and including it in the game would be the best idea, however.. I don't think the console version uses Apps in the same way?

15. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

At the moment UDP is the only thing that the console has managed to do, it started with pcars i think so its definitely possible.

16. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Before everyone jumps in to point out how many people they see online, keep in mind that players from different regions will see different servers. To my knowledge, Kunos have not officially published any guidance here, but through observation and comparison of the server list with my friends in the UK and Germany, there is definitely a difference in what players see between regions. The US, in particular, seems to be a slow market. This makes sense when you consider how much more popular (relatively speaking) GT racing is in Europe.

To answer your question more directly, Cuzzy, keep in mind that you'll only see servers that are in qualifying. A server that is in an active race will not show up. With the current format of AC online multiplayer, the optimal thing to do is to get a friend or two who can help you get a server started. If you join a party together, the party leader can join a server and invite others if they follow these steps.

1) Agree on a server.
    2) Party leader joins, but DO NOT pass the car selection screen (you cannot invite once you've joined qualifying).
    3) At the bottom of the car selection screen, you'll see a "Invite [BUTTON]" marker (the button is different for PS4 and XB1).
    4) Invite everyone and make sure they get in to the server before proceeding!
    5) Join qualifying and restart the session to give maximum time for other players to join.

I won't waste any more words groaning about how cumbersome this process is, but this is your best strategy for getting a server going. Once players see a server with 2-3 people in it, then tend to jump in quickly.

If you're playing solo, well good luck! You can hop in a server and hope someone else joins. Unfortunately, it seems that other players like to see at least a "2" in that players column before they'll join.

SSP Cuzzy, pinchevs and EMW SMILER like this.
  17. SSP Cuzzy

SSP Cuzzy Rookie

Thanks for the info bradleyland.

bradleyland likes this.
  18. There's something you need to learn, lag exists in every online game ever made, and 95 times out of 100, it is caused by players, not the servers. And the other thing is netcode, which AC has done a great job with so your complaints need to be directed towards the people you were playing with, not Kunos.

In this day in age, you should know by now that lag is not something that can be eliminated completely. Even dedicated servers are gonna have lag. until the internet is able to break the laws of physics and send signals faster than the speed of light, there will always be lag. Not to mention all the other things that can cause lag spikes like connection instability, wifi signal instability, other people in the house downloading ****, etc.

Lag has always been there so your talks of 2016 are ridiculous. Nothing has changed.

talby71 likes this.
  19. I think i was mistaking lag with graphic tear

20. BBernes

BBernes Racer

The problem is that if someone crashes on the track you can get 1fps for 30 seconds and you will have to feel the road trough the steering wheel. It is very difficult to drive when you get the 1fps issue.