1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Thread Locked: WHY?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheDyingScotsman, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Why did you lock this thread www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/request-paul-walker-tribute-skins.3778/??
    One guy gives a ****ty reply and you guys lock it? It's not my fault there are wankers who have no respect, yet the innocent ones suffer?

Kindly remedy this and unlock it now. There is absolutely no reason for it, it's a disgrace to lock a thread for a skin request especially this one!!

But if you choose not to, then goodbye. Not going to sit by and be dictated to by a bunch of controlling moderators.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions FSR 2.1 and DLSS 3.0+ ( WHY MY THREAD IS LOCKED??? ))) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Why so many threads get locked in the general discussions ? Jun 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Enough with the fanboys - what's the point of contributing if your threads are locked!? Oct 16, 2018
    3D car models Why my thread has been locked? :/ (cavalier btcc) Jan 4, 2016
    ACC General Discussions What's about all these Spam threads? Feb 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash Fatal error: [File: Unknown] [Line 1214] waiting for RenderThread [GPU hung] Dec 27, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Crash server [Duplicate thread from Troubleshooting] Nov 25, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Try posting in the acc console thread Jun 14, 2021
    ACC Audio ACC randomly hangs at startup waiting for audio thread May 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error RenderThread [GPU hang] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Suggestion for forum: Specific Tracks and Cars Threads. Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ***Delete this thread Feb 24, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting pause menu thread Feb 2, 2021
    Console Lounge Thread can be closed Jan 2, 2021

3. TheDyingScotsman

Not even a reason given, and earlier I had a post edited just because someone thought I was talking about piracy when I wasn't. It's getting ridiculous. Locking threads for no reason without even saying anything to the poster is wrong, but on top of that this skin was a request for the late Paul Walker...but it seems even the mods have no respect. I feel really disgusted right now. Shame on you Kunos.

4. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

Im sure there was a good reason why it was locked I dont see why everyone is so fussed about him dying looking at the car that was totalled by his m8 that was driving was obviously driving like a complete **** you dont rip a car apart like that by doing the speed limit !!! It is unfortunate that he died but people die everyday, on that same day i believe 8 people died in a helicopter crash in scotland yet no one cares about them because they wasn't some celebrity theres nothing dedicated to them.

Just my oppinion but he was nothing special other than being some celebrity due to some films doesnt make him any more special then anyone else on the planet, no matter how much money he donated to charities and countries that suffered disaters which i do have respect for him doing but life goes on :)

Im likely to be ripped apart for my oppinion but my oppinion is my oppinion

Lunae, bigbawmcgraw, sidd and 3 others like this.
  5. Robilon

Robilon Racer

He was a part of memories of many people, that's why he is special to many people..

"i believe 8 people died in a helicopter crash in scotland yet no one cares about them because they wasn't some celebrity theres nothing dedicated to them."
    I am pretty sure, that anyone who knew them, cared about it. It's very wrong to say that no one cared about the 8 people. Of course people cared. The people who didn't knew them or didn't share any memories of them might not have cared since they didn't touch their lives in any way.

Paul may have not been a family member or anything similiar, but he did give good memories and brought more people into cars and motorsport..
    People just try to give back just as much as he gave to "us", by remembering him.
    I'm not saying there aren't people who just seek attention and endorsement by it, because to be honest, most of the people hyping about this are ones..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    MsportDAN likes this.
  6. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

thats exactly the point if he wasnt a celebrity no one would be bothering, my post was just highliting that celebs always seem to get the lime light weather dead or alive.

But that doesnt make them any more special then anyone else on the planet everyone are equal in my eyes, like i said people die everyday I got no problem with people creating some skin in his memory for AC i was just saying that the thread was obviously locked for a reason, and of course family members of people that died care be pretty heartless if they didnt.

But if his m8 wasnt driving like a twit he would most probably still be here creating films that everyone enjoyed including myself

Lunae and Robilon like this.
  7. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

I hope Scotsman doesn't leave though, it'd be a shame. I agree, its one thing to censor a single post and another to lock a thread. Whatever the case, I don't know..but Scotsman is a helpful community member here.

8. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

My fault. Thread open.

9. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Guys, please note that at start, this forum is a support/help forum... in all his kindness (lol :D), Kunos agree some chit/chat here and there.. but please, keep a cool tone.

We are all here for the very same reason... having fun and make AC the best sim out there..

Thanks !

bigbawmcgraw and Cote Dazur like this.
  10. GrimDad

GrimDad Racer

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please report "wallriding" issues about Monza no "tracks/models issues / bugs" forum.

12. TheDyingScotsman

Thankyou.

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i asked a similar thing about having a trbute car, maybe the mitsubishe eclipse or totoya supra.
    But was locked...

Unfortunatly KN will not accommodate our requests.

I think even though this is a chit chat thread its topic is mainly about AC, the sub forum title is misleading imo.

14. Fred Joseph

Come on Dan you are getting boring really !

15. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

what do you mean?

just trying to save pointless posts on a subject thats deemed void

16. Fred Joseph

Ok closed !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.