1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tip for multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Felice Pugliese, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Felice Pugliese

Felice Pugliese Hardcore Simmer

Who really loves racing on the sim knows how important is the accuracy of the opponents, be in the classic race against the idiot who jumps into the first corner at 200 and destroys many cars it's really frustrating ! Unfortunately, many of these individuals are and we know it .... my fear is that the AC will of course MP on Steam then access will be unlimited to all, including the usual idiots. Cosideratemi not a snob please but it is the reality ... my idea is to create classes , a bit like going on iRacing for example , no wonder it is so complex , however, make a series of races basis open to all, at the end of each race, the player acquires all experience , clean race , no cuts to the track, nothing will be fighting all the elements that will earn points to level up , so going forward there will always be clean and aware player races ... it would be really great ... on many other sim it is impossible to run just for this issue, what do you think ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Apr 20, 2024
    Bug reports Lap 0 Laptime is way off! Multiplayer Server Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Unplanned multiplayer server outage Mar 13, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 15, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer disconnected Dec 8, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Render Thread 1 crashed whilst spectating multiplayer as server admin Sep 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer can't connect do multiplayer , no statistics in single player too Jul 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Connection issues in multiplayer after 1.9.3 May 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer partial disconnect May 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on multiplayer May 22, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M4 at Spa Multiplayer May 2, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer strange connection problems - multiplayer lobbys Mar 21, 2023

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Run in a league with rules, if it's an idiot he'll be punished/DQ/baned from the league, easy...

4. Felice Pugliese

yes, this is the easiest solution, but even here there are problems, alloys etc.. are organized by groups of children or the like and when it runs as they become untouchable and if by chance you happen to have an accident with them, chances are you're banned and then you always run with the usual people, it takes a good system for all I think ...

5. Rui Santos

Join the right leagues/famous sites, with strict/professional rules, that will avoid idiots/noobs/*****s...

Felice Pugliese likes this.
  6. Felice Pugliese

surely this is the fastest way;)

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Deh

Deh Racer

That is something to think about, it would be nice so have a system like this.
    It would give us a sense of progression too, it will keep us pushing to get a better rank or whatever.

8. Rui Santos

Don't agree with that, all people should be able to race each other, i have friends that are not fast but very correct and i like to see them on track too, in the opposite i know some fast drivers that are a complete mess, very agressive and *****les too, so not only slow drivers are idiots...

Everybody deserves an oportunity, and honestly, being in online races since 2010 i think that if you race in the right site/community you don't have so many problems to be concerned about... split drivers by rank is not a good idea at all...

9. Deh

Deh Racer

I wasn't talking about splitting, what i meant is that the ranking system would be there for us to see, not to do the matchmaking based on that rank.

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Maybe the communities or some smart modders can create a system/app for this problem.
    who knows.

11. Delqvs

Delqvs Rookie

What about an option to choose for public servers that the first lap is half-ghost mode : when a contact happens, the driver who has the most velocity take the energy, the other nothing.

12. Rui Santos

Idiots in races will allways exist, no matter if they're good or bad drivers, we're talking about human beings so this is not a problem it's just the human nature :D it happens in real racing too...

13. Rui Santos

You're kidding right?

14. DMoMaximus

DMoMaximus Gamer

I like the idea of a ranking system. It forces the noob drivers (me) to earn their stripes with like experienced drivers before getting thrown to the fire. I like the idea of MP but I haven't really played it and I wouldn't want to mess up the experience for pro/alien drivers. I would like to shed the "noob" title as soon as I can, but it will take time and practice to move up.

Whatever level one can obtain, due to assists or cpu/gpu restrictions would eventually put most people at the same driving skills. Leagues are great but it may help the leagues make more educated decisions on who to pick to join them.

I like the idea, this way I'm not doing something stupid in front of an alien or pro driver that could potentially take them out of the race.

15. Delqvs

Delqvs Rookie

Yeah, you are right, maybe the first turn is enough :D
    I know that's an awful idea for a true racer, at least it's an idea. I am ready to hear the better ones now :p

16. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

I would prefer point system to classify users. But not an iR style one. My idea is, rooms can be open and private. Beside every participants name would be a level number. I don't know between 1-10 or 1-100, whatever, which would indicate the individuals let say experience level. And my new thing is, the room owner (despite I have no idea how can we run a server, we have to rent or make, given by AC or steam, or etc.) could adjust a limiter, which would keep "bad" drivers out of the room or other option players could kick others out by voting. So we are 3 of us in the room on level 10, John Doe arrives on level 3. So we can ask him to leave or just vote and f@&k him out! :) The reason why I don't like the iR system, because for a rookie (even the person is an expert gamer) could facing wicked problem when starting his career. My story example. I went to play iR. I was practising Laguna that time with MX5. All we know, easy track handy car. What can be wrong? Other tick players can be wrong. I had 2 laps with no bother, than d@ckheads catched up with me. Don't ask me how. So, the story ended up with me in the gravel. And of course it was bad for my reputation. Similar things happend with me for a few times, when pro's told me, I have to drive easy for few races until my iR rate or what is that yoke called, will be high enough to compete with better drivers. I said WTF? I have to drive like a nanny for ages to let me go for real? Go away. So basically the problem with the great iR system is, it's not works out well all the time. And I don't really like the penalty system either which is far too serious.

17. Technicolors

Technicolors Rookie

I think Kunos should examine iRacing's MP system, b/c their way of driver conduct and honest racing is working. Joining a race can be as simple as iRacing's way - it'll split all participants into groups that share a particular license / class / rating. This way you can attract busy people. And those who like to run in leagues can do so. The host(s) can set up the times, dates, requirements, etc. Your rating can improve or degrade according to where you finish & how you finished. This could even be changed in leagues where ratings are dependent only to one or more leagues. There's a global rating that changes through matchmaking races; and there's a league rating that changes through a league's criterion. Like I could have won 100 matchmaking races but I have won only 3 league races - my global rating is 10000 & my league rating is 5000.

18. Rui Santos

I think this discussion is useless, hope Kunos keep things as they're with rFactor for example (which has a lot of success yet in 2014), FREE, everybody can race everybody, if you join an open server for sure you'll find *****s crashing into you, but if you race in an organized league with rules things are awesome...

19. Technicolors

Technicolors Rookie

Yeah, league racing is the only way to go here...

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. Rui Santos

No, please iRacing system no, they can keep things simple, if you have little time to play you can join Race2Play for example, there you have lots of races that can suit your tastes, it's close to iRacing system but "sims" you play there remain open to create anything you want (private server, league, community, etçª)

Tim Meuris and Technicolors like this.
  21. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

Can you play with your mates online in open servers? No. That's an other thing against iR style online play.

Rui Santos and Technicolors like this.