1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Track limits silverstone

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SvenUilhoorn, Nov 6, 2017.

1. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

I think the track limits on Silverstone are waaaay too lenient. That it counts the kerbs as track is, besides that it's a motorbike(!) rule, one thing, but it also counts the green matts and pretty much anything else as being on the track. We use the 2 wheels inside track limits function enabled on the server.

Quite frustrating to see people running way wide, ending up being faster than you without punishment.. My number one reason to not include it in our racing series, and yesterday (I apparently forgot the reason) showed again how bad the limits on that track are defined.

Fix please? :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Penalty for track limits if position won Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Physics imprecise track limits at COTA Jul 5, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Incidents/track limits warnings from logs?? Feb 20, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Hungaroring, track limits in the last corner Feb 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Donnington track limits in the last corner Feb 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Spa- Francorchamps - No track limits on wet conditions Oct 7, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Track Limits Message on Leaving Pits Jan 1, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Track limits not called when time not gained Dec 30, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Track limits not called and passes not rewarded? Dec 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay imola t4 track limits Dec 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Imola - Turn 12 track limits Nov 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Superpole & Track Limits Oct 23, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Track Limit Warning Although Inside the Limits Oct 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Track Limits before starting a Lap Jun 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Paul Ricard Track Limits Mar 16, 2020

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You can fix it yourself by editing the surface.ini

4. But then the users without this modification are getting a mismatch when they join the track. I agree, the carpets should be "IS_VALID_TRACK=0".

There seems to be more wrong with silverstones tracklimits. We got a race there a few days ago using PLP. And many drivers were reporting a track cut warning when just spin off the track. Looks like there´s another valid surface after the non-valid one. So when you spin off, you cross the invalid area and right after it you went into a valid surface again. This is the only reason I can imagine for this behaviour. We actually prepare for Spa, and as an league admin I tested PLP a lot there. It´s all fine with it. So I guess the failure has been at silverstones track limits definations.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

It works fine, you need to set everything invalid expect the TARMSIL-surfaces on Silverstone.

Yes, all users just need to download a small track-update made by organiser, a few MB tops, along with PLP ini to go with it. Then it's just setting the correct amount of wheels allowed on track in server cfg and disable gas cut.

NetracingEurope.org likes this.
  6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, we have noticed too on many occasions that Silverstone has funny areas of valid and invalid track that confuse PLP a bit.

7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

That's the 'OUT' surface, needs to be set invalid.

8. Thanks Tberg for this, you lighten up something really weird.

Tberg likes this.
  9. Most important: Are there any other known tracks with this issue (tracklimits) like Silverstone?

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I haven't checked them all, but usually there's a single name for the track tarmac in each surface.ini, sometimes more versions like tarmac-a, tarmac-b, but they're all within the true tracklimits (full width, white lines).

It usually works once everything else is set invalid, of cause not the 'pit' surfaces though :D

Some tracks have small parts, like concrete or drain here and there that actually is placed inside valid track, but usually so small that you always have 2 wheels on valid track anyway, so it doesn't hurt to set these parts invalid. Usually...

11. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

That happens with a lot of tracks actually. PLP does not recognize valid and unvalid surfaces, but clean and dirty surfaces.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Spa/Monza also has rather soft track limits, personally I would prefer if only the track surface and pitlane was marked as valid track. This way we could just keep it as 3 tyres are allowed out as many series have these days and limits would be easy to see without needing to explore and try to find where people can gain more or less.

Possibly have a setting for both SP and server if you want to allow curbs to be valid track or not as I see some people seem to think they should be even though I don't in general.

Silverstone does have lots of the tarmac exit t1 to t4 as valid track I think, same at Copse exit and Spa has this at the exit of Blonchimont while Monza let you use lots of curb and astro everywhere.

13. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

In most AC tracks the curbs and the turf beyond the exit curbs are valid, like Mugello T8 T11, or Monza Lesmo.

It might not suit everyone, but everyone is subject to the same rules ^^.

14. Curbs are ok for me. Same for areas where you usually cannot gain an advantage but need room for infights. Critical are areas before ore after fast turns. And if there is a curb in the turn like at silverstone/copse this should be the end of the legal track.
    No need to talk that a system like PLP should be hardcoded in the sim.

sent from my mobile, cheers!

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yes a PLP option for races would be ideal built in, the general in game penalties are ok for pickup server racing but I really am not a fan of slowdowns in any way its still better then an open server with no in race penalties. An option for PLP or the slowdown penalty instead would be nice too but most of this I would say will need to wait for a sequel as I cant see much happening in terms of adding another penalty option in the current build. Changing all the track ini's official to make only track and curbs valid would likely be possible with the next patch.

For qualy the in game strict limits are fine and if we had the option to have track only plus curbs as an option it would be probably the best solution for most. I don't think too many would say astro turf or any extra tarmac should be marked as valid track.

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Indeed it does recognize valid and unvalid surfaces defined by the surface.ini

17. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Then why can you have AC detect a cut and PLP not, and vice versa, if they use the same way to detect a cut?

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

PLP uses the same method as RSR any surface that is dirty is also marked as invalid, this fixes the astro issue at most tracks. ;)

Also PLP by default is 3 tyres allowed out same as RSR but with dirty invalid its usually stricter then default AC 2 tyres out with curbs and astro valid.

19. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Agreed. But are all invalid dirty? The typical scenario where PLP does not work as intended: you get out of the track on the grass, you go accross some tarmac access road that is not part of the track, PLP sees it is not dirty and gives you a warning or penalty.

20. Hmm, i need to know what an "astro" surface is. Thanks!

21. So maybe RSR or wally already got a bunch of surface.ini's they might be willing to share?