1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated! :)

NWG.Slum likes this.
  2. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

This doesnt sound very good but very understandable. I guess for me its "no triple no play" for ACC unless the multiplayer turns out to be amazing because AC + SRS + mod tracks is already great. I am happy to have bought the early access of ACC though and will probably buy all the DLC to support Kunos. That is afterall much cheaper than the 5760x1080 ultrawide curved monitor that Kunos partners have been deploying to mitigate the effects of no proper triple support :).

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@henkjansmits - dunno if you meant it ironic, but no ultrawide ultraexpensive monitor needed ;)

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Maybe Kunos has access to Oculus CV2 and thinks everyone will jump to VR because it’s so awesome, one can hope :)

5. Ok...So, Adios ACC !

Next!

6. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

I don't think I'm understanding this. can you elaborate, please? Do you mean nVidia surround enabled with flat angled triples ?
    like this? ___ ___ ___

thanks

7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

While I'm enjoying playing ACC on a single monitor all by myself (partly because I can actually see the car's dashboard display, which I can't do in AC on triples because of FOV and not being able to move the seat back far enough), I would feel very uncomfortable racing online on only a single monitor (and with no car radar app).

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for the clarification of the current situation regarding triple screen monitor support @Davide!
    I really hope that you guys will find a suitable solution to bring proper triple screen support to ACC in the future as a part of the community is using a triple screen setup and does not plan to move towards other setups (VR, single monitor, etc).

9. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Thanks Davide for your precise answer.
    That's the kind of info which should deserve a locked topic in the forum ( a Sticky ).... with a summary of important tips, easy to find and easy to point others to.

The question to which you answered ( as many other ones )... should maybe not be asked another 100 times. ;)

@xHyper
    Should you have such a same kind of answer to the "TrackIR" topic ?
    Thanks in advance.

NB: you surely understand a driver used to Triple Screen or single screen with TrackIR might not do without it after months or years and return to a static single screen ( wide or not ).
    ... mostly drivers who cannot use VR for one or another reason.

10. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

Sorry for off topic, but what's actually displayed on the center monitor of an triple setup or 1 single monitor setup should not be any different, unless you change your eye/monitor distance (if using mathematically correct FOV).

11. I agree, we are now in a "back to the future" situation o_O
    Maybe I could use it to argue with my wife for an 49 Inch ultra wide monitor solution :D

Darling, I can't drive anymore, I miss the apex and lost all my races, UE4 engine doesn't support my triples screens ......

Let's try , little hope but who knows ? ;)

Luis Branco, NWG.Slum and Jempy like this.
  12. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

I don’t have a triple screen but I was interested in this thread.
    I was thinking that this a huge miss .... but ...
    How this video is possible if There is no support for Triple screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWG.Slum likes this.
  13. gabrynet83

gabrynet83 Gamer

Mmm maybe I can answer myself ... watching it better seems stretched ... so probably it’s nvidia surround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWG.Slum likes this.
  14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@gabrynet83

I am using Nvidia Surround and it's also stretched cause you can not correct angle of side screens.
    Kunos team told us that they know a bunch of partners that deployed ACC on Triple with no stretch... wich for me is bulls*** without proof or explanation on how we can achieve this.

Searching for an explanation, maybe the wide FOV of the Gopro lens camera is making it look ok... but i confirm that even with Nvidia Surround, everything is distorded.

15. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

hey thanks for this hint, did not know that this view exists. Better then nothing IMHO. Will give it a try later.

16. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@3dchips

I am not sure what you re speaking about :)

The video you are seeing use the classic dash view i think and he surely made some in game adjustements of FOV and seat distances.

When i spoke about the Gopro wide FOV i was referencing to the guy who wear a sort of helmet gopro cam. The wide angle of the gopro may distorde the image and compensate the usual distortion we see on the side screens. Just a theory... definitely not sure :)

17. Denko

Denko Rookie

Cmon pls, where it is not distorted and stretched?? Even an ultra wide monitor stretches it, cause nothing else comes close to triple screen. Pls search iracing go pro triple screen. Thats how it should look like.

18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

:eek: Rrmm...what ?
    And why don't they tell us ?...12 pages of people complaining and they fail to come with a (temporary) solution...:confused:

@Denko
    It should like any other sim. I don't iRace, but AMS, rF2, R3E, pC2 and even AC are doing well...

19. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

It was posted earlier by a Kunos team member.
    He is Italian so maybe for some people the choice of words was difficult to understand.

The "solution" mentioned for some clients of Kunos was to use curved ultra wide single screen monitors for a wider field of view.
    It was mentioned in the same post by Davide that this is considered of course a temporary solution as currently there is no way of having triple screen with individual projection with ACC.

Kunos has made an informative statement, all we can do now is wait and hope there will be at some point a solution for the issue that the Unreal Engine does currently not support triple screen that is workable for ACC.

For me the solution is easy (although sad): I do not use ACC and am not able to meaningfully partake in the EA program by testing and providing feedback.
    It is a shame, yes but there are more important things in life than fretting over an in development video game that doesn't work the way I want ;-)

+ there is Assetto Corsa with an ever evolving selection of amazing mods and most importantly a large selection of historic Porsche race cars that I massively enjoy.
    Maybe one day after ACC is stopped being supported and the next Kunos product is in development Ilja of Content Manager fame will develop a triple screen monitor solution ;-)

Octane, paulieGTR and Fanapryde like this.
  20. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Denko

I know that's why i asked Kunos dev a few post before, if they could at leats implement Nvidia SMP wich IS supported by unreal Engine 4 and could allow Nvidia users to correct angles and disctances. (like in Iracing wich is the only racing game to implement this)

@Fanapryde

Davide said earlier in his post on page 11: "we know that a good amount of professional partners of us deployed ACC with a wider angle triple monitor in a 5760*1080 res. set on the graphics card tool suite, that is less affected by deformation related visibility issues, with good results I must say."

But how do they achieve this.... and proof of how it looks like is a mystery :)

@menos | M6

There is eventually 2 possibilities but we do not have an answer of Kunos dev team on this:

- UE4 N-display solution, implemented in 4.2 update of July 2018 (as this is brand new they will have to dive deeper into this as the documentation is very vague and you have to work with the example projects to understand better)

- Nvidia SMP solution, supported by UE4 engine (ok it's only for nvidia users but....)

Fanapryde likes this.